Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Naming your child after The Gods

Touka

Though is very uncommon, I've rarely encountered it, just today I heard some popular guy in my country named his son Amon. Is it alright? I mean, they don't know and that's it, but for us, as Satanists.

Some countries like Germany have laws that prevent a parent giving their kid a name that could cause them to be ridiculed. And ridicule is very common for exotic names or names of deities due to ignorance and low consciousness of people right now. The name you give your child is very significant, so it has to be one that suits them, not just whatever sounds coolest or something like that.

Would it matter if we gave them two names? A Satanic one and a public one? Would that offer some protection against curses?

Some countries like Germany have laws that prevent a parent giving their kid a name that could cause them to be ridiculed. And ridicule is very common for exotic names or names of deities due to ignorance and low consciousness of people right now. The name you give your child is very significant, so it has to be one that suits them, not just whatever sounds coolest or something like that.
Yes, that might happen.

So it’s best to use God/Goddess inspired names, like Diana for Astarte, Lily for Lilith for example.

Also, in the past names were to glorify the Gods and signify adoration not straight up using their names, like Merit Amon, daughter of Ramses II and it means one that’s beloved by Amon in Ancient Egyptian

Or Ptah Hoteb, not straight up naming them Ptah, or Amon. Nothing wrong with the guy who named his son Amon, it’s not blasphemy necessarily but there are more ideal ways to go about this.

It might be worth reading up on the meaning of names. They can be very strong in different cultures. But they are also very popular all over the world. For example, Peter from Greek means "stone, rock". I have similar name myself and I try to draw inspiration from the name of strength.

The name you give your child is very significant, so it has to be one that suits them, not just whatever sounds coolest or something like that.
I know a person whose name is related to Mars (I won't go in details). This person is a literal crazy person being overwhelmed by Mars energies, like aggressiveness, lack of control, and is way obsessed with military and martial stuff. Though this may be due to natal planets (I do not know exactly), I believe hearing a name recalling Mars since day 1 could have triggered some unconscious programming to Mars energies into this person's soul.
So being named after the Gods could steer energies maybe?

I know a person whose name is related to Mars (I won't go in details). This person is a literal crazy person being overwhelmed by Mars energies, like aggressiveness, lack of control, and is way obsessed with military and martial stuff. Though this may be due to natal planets (I do not know exactly), I believe hearing a name recalling Mars since day 1 could have triggered some unconscious programming to Mars energies into this person's soul.
So being named after the Gods could steer energies maybe?
One of the sickest looking people I've seen was named Isa, exactly like the rune. Imagine being called that your whole life. Names, just like mantras, hold power. There are some really unfortunate names out there.

One of the sickest looking people I've seen was named Isa, exactly like the rune. Imagine being called that your whole life. Names, just like mantras, hold power. There are some really unfortunate names out there.
I've been concerned lately because I have two middle names because my parents were intent on giving me three fucking hebrew bible names. Though I forgive my dad for ******** because he picked that one for his dead friend. Idk if we're supposed to put our names here so I won't but you get the gist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though is very uncommon, I've rarely encountered it, just today I heard some popular guy in my country named his son Amon. Is it alright? I mean, they don't know and that's it, but for us, as Satanists.
its so common in India, ive met with lots of Shiva, Krishna etc

I've been concerned lately because I have two middle names because my parents were intent on giving me three fucking hebrew bible names. Though I forgive my dad for ******** because he picked that one for his dead friend. Idk if we're supposed to put our names here so I won't but you get the gist.
Often those hebrew/biblical names were taken from the gods or spiritual concepts. Daniel from Danu, for example. Mary was an epitaph of Isis, and her supposed nativity was a sacred day of Isis. Maybe if you look into the origins of your names, they won't feel as horrible.

Often those hebrew/biblical names were taken from the gods or spiritual concepts. Daniel from Danu, for example. Mary was an epitaph of Isis, and her supposed nativity was a sacred day of Isis. Maybe if you look into the origins of your names, they won't feel as horrible.
That is quite a relief. After further looking into it one is Latin, the other is Greek and only my first is hebrew with a rather nice meaning.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back