Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Tips for a future self-sufficient live in solitary

Wotanwarrior

Tips for a future self-sufficient life in solitary for someone who is not going to start a family and not having to be financially dependent on working for others?

It's very tough, you still need a job for the money. I personally wouldn't recommend it.
You're basically gonna have two jobs.

Aquarius said:
It's very tough, you still need a job for the money. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

I should not do topics when I start another cycle of soul cleansing of dross and traumas and get too emotional.

Wotanwarrior said:
Aquarius said:

I should not do topics when I start another cycle of soul cleansing of dross and traumas and get too emotional.
Happens to the best.

Wotanwarrior said:
Aquarius said:

Reset, refocus, get up and repeat, as many times as necessary.
Good luck.

Wotanwarrior said:
Tips for a future self-sufficient life in solitary for someone who is not going to start a family and not having to be financially dependent on working for others?
You would need to own energetical resources for electricity, heating water, current water, gas as well, so you wouldn't have to pay bills because as far as you described you are looking for a sort of life that doesn't really involve the use of money. With solar panels there are people who not only are energetically independent but they also sell the extra electricity they produce to electrcity companies and make some money this way, although you would be at the mercy of the local weather in this way. Also you would need to grow plantations and animals and trees for food. I don't think one single person is physically able to handle this sort of lifestyle and the amount of work involved.

The Alchemist7 said:
Wotanwarrior said:
You would need to own energetical resources for electricity, heating water, current water, gas as well, so you wouldn't have to pay bills because as far as you described you are looking for a sort of life that doesn't really involve the use of money. With solar panels there are people who not only are energetically independent but they also sell the extra electricity they produce to electrcity companies and make some money this way, although you would be at the mercy of the local weather in this way. Also you would need to grow plantations and animals and trees for food. I don't think one single person is physically able to handle this sort of lifestyle and the amount of work involved.
Its a shame. How nice would it to just be born a millionaire a dedicate ourselves entirely to improving our souls? :D

Wotanwarrior said:
It's better for SS to stay within a populated area for safety reasons; if you were thinking about the boonies.

The Alchemist7 said:
Wotanwarrior said:
Yes. The problem is that in order to be self-sufficient and no longer need money you have to be wealthy enough that you wouldn't need to be self-sufficient. Even if the entire economy crumbles, farmers will still exist. A better strategy for future planning is to diversify investments so that your money's value is less dependent on the economy.

Hedging Against Inflation:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64530

The other problem with living in solitary is that you miss out on the benefits of living in a community, such as hospitals, police, and firefighters. Living with people does not mean in a tiny apartment in New York. I personally think the ideal life is "American dream" style suburbs where you have houses with small backyards that are just large enough that you don't feel crowded, but just small enough that you can get to know your neighbors and benefit from the support of a community.

The only problem with suburbs is when they build them in dumb places like forests in California where in the winter you get 25-ton redwood trees falling through your roof, and in the summer a wildfire turns the whole suburb to ashes. The trees survive just fine, and then people rebuild the suburb and do it all over again, each time saying how unfortunate the victims were. :roll:

Bunny said:
Its a shame. How nice would it to just be born a millionaire a dedicate ourselves entirely to improving our souls? :D
I think if one's only goal in life would be to only meditate and advance spiritually, I don't think they need any more than enough time per day for meditation and the basic neccesities really. Being a millionaire would mean you would have a source of money that would allow you to live without having to work, although there are ways in generating income without having to work (investment, renting properties and related). But indeed being a millionaire or having huge amounts of money does offer financial safety and would allow you to focus on meditation and not being (dis)stressed about the need of money for survival.

Wotanwarrior said:

Learn herbal medicine.

Aquarius said:

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=341374 time=1649047057 user_id=346]
The Alchemist7 said:
Wotanwarrior said:
Yes. The problem is that in order to be self-sufficient and no longer need money you have to be wealthy enough that you wouldn't need to be self-sufficient. Even if the entire economy crumbles, farmers will still exist. A better strategy for future planning is to diversify investments so that your money's value is less dependent on the economy.

Hedging Against Inflation:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64530

The other problem with living in solitary is that you miss out on the benefits of living in a community, such as hospitals, police, and firefighters. Living with people does not mean in a tiny apartment in New York. I personally think the ideal life is "American dream" style suburbs where you have houses with small backyards that are just large enough that you don't feel crowded, but just small enough that you can get to know your neighbors and benefit from the support of a community.

The only problem with suburbs is when they build them in dumb places like forests in California where in the winter you get 25-ton redwood trees falling through your roof, and in the summer a wildfire turns the whole suburb to ashes. The trees survive just fine, and then people rebuild the suburb and do it all over again, each time saying how unfortunate the victims were. :roll:

Due to lack of time and because I was over emotional, I did not explain it well.
By "self-sufficient" I meant having an independent source of income that allows you to not have to depend on the typical journal job, and "in solitary" I meant simply not getting married and not having children.
I didn't mean isolate yourself and live a hermit's life.

Wotanwarrior said:

I understand the suck of working for other people. The best route for someone with these desires is to choke down some training for self-employment and building a business. You can run your own business generally however you want, and work on your terms, if you have a good and ethical head about you and the audacity to do it. I do this as a single parent and have worked in shops with a lot of very low grade people. I developed a tough exterior and now I’m grateful that I no longer have to work with shit people because I’m doing phenomenal at my job. Or be anyone I don’t want to be. Now I think my next move is just starting my own private studio and working on my terms, and lowering my current rent so I can have time with my family. Life does work out in our favor but it takes time patience effort trial and error. I’m also taking a temporary but somewhat extended break now so I can recover from how much I’ve worked.

You can be solitary and self sufficient but don’t forget to love life in the process. A lot of people think I’m very extroverted and to be honest that’s not always the case. At all.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back