Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

The epitome of clown world in Romania.

DarkAmaranthine

I am shaking in anger while I'm writing this.

As a bit of context: Quite a few universities in Romania have opted for the fully online system. My faculty has decided, at the beginning of this semester, that we will continue online until the end of the year.

Surprise-surprise: the government has announced that all restrictions will be cancelled and that every educational institute - including universities - must return to the physical system. Which is, quite frankly, impossible. We have 2 months of courses left until the end of the year. Many of us are living in other parts of the country. Many of us are even abroad. Many of us have jobs. In two weeks, faculties want students to find a living place in a city that's already incredibly overpriced. They want us to find jobs when an economical crisis is knocking at our doors and while we have a war so close to our borders. Many of the students dorms are keeping refugees at the moment.

How in the name of the Gods are we supposed to return, physically, to a campus when we were told at the beginning of the semester that we will continue online? There is absolutely no excuse for this. It's impossible for so many students. Many of us come from poor families. We would have to work, find a living place - pay incredibly high amounts for two fucking months - and for what? For the pandemic to "suddenly hit again" later and for us to be sent home again? In two weeks?!

After two fucking years of online courses, for what reason is it so impossible to continue online for 2 more months?

Obviously, it is definitely not as bad as what is happening in Ukraine. But most students are already struggling with the rising prices and with the ridiculous rent. There are already high tensions in the country with the international crisis and our economy. This is...

This is fucking unbelievable.

And no one fucking cares.

DarkAmaranthine said:

I would put pressure on the university itself, and maybe they will then put pressure on the government. Write a bunch of emails complaining, just like this, and explain that it is basically impossible for you to commit to this plan, not just within 2 weeks, but beyond that as well.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=332119 time=1646731954 user_id=21286]
DarkAmaranthine said:

I would put pressure on the university itself, and maybe they will then put pressure on the government. Write a bunch of emails complaining, just like this, and explain that it is basically impossible for you to commit to this plan, not just within 2 weeks, but beyond that as well.

We are trying our best to put pressure on the university.

The thing is, almost every student would've been happy to go back physically this year. At the beginning of the year, of course. We were told we would start physically - and a few days before the beginning of the first semester, in October, we were announced we would do online. Most students were left feeling like clowns after struggling with finding jobs and accommodation.

At this point, we would have around 2 months left of courses until the exam period. I find it so baffling that, after doing 2 YEARS ONLINE, we cannot continue for 2 more months.

Other faculties might afford it but mine was already incredibly crowded before the pandemic - and now they have buildings in renovation.

Biggest problem here is that quite a few faculties don't listen to students. They give the "not my problem" attitude because the minister of Education said all of this - when it's not even legal.

Last night I was at the point of hysterical laughing because I struggled so much with this university in the online, with the shitty professors - quite a few of them jews - and the jewish bullshit in got taught.

And now I would have to pay 500 Euros ONLY to book a living place -the rent is not even included in it. And find a job, when I have plans of going abroad to work after the exam session is over.

Obviously, it doesn't compare with what is going on in Ukraine. But how in the name of the Gods can you expect around 20,000 students to find work and accommodation in this time?!

DarkAmaranthine said:
Obviously, it doesn't compare with what is going on in Ukraine. But how in the name of the Gods can you expect around 20,000 students to find work and accommodation in this time?!

Sounds like a real shitty situation, I do not know what else you can do besides complaining in mass. But there is one thing i want to tell you, do not compare your situation with the situation in Ukraine, those are 2 completely separate things. Underplaying your situation is never a good thing to do either, it can cause mental and mood problems. No need to do that especially now.

DarkAmaranthine said:

I bet that during the CoVid Pandemic, most students recorded the lectures of the Professors, as this makes it much easier to study.

You just need to find a senior student, who has the video material that you need for your exams. Find someone, ask them, and copy everything on an UsB stick.

When I studied in University, I had some courses with practical work tho, where you had to attend physically. If you have something like this as well, my suggestion won’t work.
If you just need to pass the exams, and physical attendance is not mandatory per se, then you might want to try it.
But you can also post pone the practical courses for the next semester.

Btw I think your plan for working abroad is a good idea, I would even suggest to try to leave the country for good, and make a career abroad.

NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

I bet that during the CoVid Pandemic, most students recorded the lectures of the Professors, as this makes it much easier to study.

You just need to find a senior student, who has the video material that you need for your exams. Find someone, ask them, and copy everything on an UsB stick.

When I studied in University, I had some courses with practical work tho, where you had to attend physically. If you have something like this as well, my suggestion won’t work.
If you just need to pass the exams, and physical attendance is not mandatory per se, then you might want to try it.

Btw I think your plan for working abroad is a good idea, I would even suggest to try to leave the country for good, and make a career abroad.

Attendance is mandatory, unfortunately. We have professors who ask for mandatory attendance for both courses and seminars. If we start physically, a lot of students will get fucked.

And no, there is no need for us to attend physically. We're the Faculty of Letters. WE STUDY HUMANITIES. Yes, it is definitely harder in the online - but it's something that can be achieved.

At the moment I'm trying to get into programming. After 2 years of almost constant apathy and depression because of the horrible professors we have, after mountains of homework because "well you are doing online courses anyways, so you should have all the time in the world", after spending most of my time in front of a screen and with the ridiculous breakup I went through two months ago...

No. If they decide we must return to the campus, I will freeze my year and look for a job while getting ready to leave the country.

It's the most sensible thing to do - especially with the huge economical crisis that is starting and with the international situation. Romania is literally poking Russia with a stick, daring Putin to do something. I have a family and I want to help my family financially - my mother and my cousin, who has been raised by us for a very long time.

For those who wish to go to university and get a degree - unfortunately, most degrees are useless. Even with a degree, you will have a very hard time finding a job. A degree can be useful, especially when it is relatively cheap - or when you're a good enough student for the state to pay your fees. If that is the case, go for an easier degree. For example, in Romania you get a bit of a higher salary if you have a degree. Doesn't matter which degree.

Everyone thinks that degrees are a must. They aren't. There are so many people who went for practical jobs or skills instead - and they have much higher salaries and much happier lives thanks to it. You can learn a language or two on your own, especially with a bit of investment. And you can get it certified WITHOUT going to some university. You can learn programming and find a job relatively easy without programming. You can go to nursing school, for example, and have a good specialization.

Degrees are almost completely useless in today's world - and that comes from a person that does love intellectual work. I would recommend degrees when it comes to sciences - math, chemistry, medicine, etc. But if it's about learning languages? Don't waste your time in university. At least not in a shitty country, like mine. It is not worth the stress, the apathy, losing your passion for a subject. Without knowing if you'll even find a job in the field after you're done.

As a warning to all SS, DO NOT STUDY LANGUAGES IN UNIVERSITY. DO NOT GO TO UNIVERSITY THINKING YOU WILL LEARN A LANGUAGE THERE. It will not happen, especially if you have a double specialization. I won't say which languages I am studying, but I started one of them from zero and I was left with very poor knowledge. There is a lot of work to get done overall for both parts of the degree - and the professors themselves have horrible teaching patterns.

One of these languages I learned on my own from my teenagerhood. The second one I took from zero in university - and I ended up losing most of my passion for it because of how they teach us. Besides that, I lost my passion for literature - and writing - for almost two years.

It is much better to learn a language on your own, through certain courses - either paid or free - than go to university for it. If you already know the language to a level of... A2, B1 - then it's not a problem. But actually learning a language substantially in university is incredibly hard.

SSinHeartandSoul said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Sounds like a real shitty situation, I do not know what else you can do besides complaining in mass. But there is one thing i want to tell you, do not compare your situation with the situation in Ukraine, those are 2 completely separate things. Underplaying your situation is never a good thing to do either, it can cause mental and mood problems. No need to do that especially now.

I do feel a bit bad for complaining about it when I'm aware of what is happening so close to our borders. But this is a desperate situation for so many students. We're being tossed around with zero regard concerning our well-being. This university sucked out of my being almost all motivation and passion I had for life. And, funny enough, the covid numbers are apparently going up again.

No student wants to go back to university, go through all of this struggle, only to be sent back home again in two weeks because "oh no, the pandemic strikes again". While being in such a bad political spot thanks to our idiotic government.

DarkAmaranthine said:
Blitzkreig [JG said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

We are trying our best to put pressure on the university.

The thing is, almost every student would've been happy to go back physically this year. At the beginning of the year, of course. We were told we would start physically - and a few days before the beginning of the first semester, in October, we were announced we would do online. Most students were left feeling like clowns after struggling with finding jobs and accommodation.

At this point, we would have around 2 months left of courses until the exam period. I find it so baffling that, after doing 2 YEARS ONLINE, we cannot continue for 2 more months.

Other faculties might afford it but mine was already incredibly crowded before the pandemic - and now they have buildings in renovation.

Biggest problem here is that quite a few faculties don't listen to students. They give the "not my problem" attitude because the minister of Education said all of this - when it's not even legal.

Last night I was at the point of hysterical laughing because I struggled so much with this university in the online, with the shitty professors - quite a few of them jews - and the jewish bullshit in got taught.

And now I would have to pay 500 Euros ONLY to book a living place -the rent is not even included in it. And find a job, when I have plans of going abroad to work after the exam session is over.

let me guess-upg ploiești?there is renovation until march 20th and i do think about some teachers being jewish;others promote jewish mainstream things;quite a few express freely,though they're not jew-aware either,but at least are open-minded anyway

satanama666 said:
DarkAmaranthine said:
Blitzkreig [JG said:

let me guess-upg ploiești?there is renovation until march 20th and i do think about some teachers being jewish;others promote jewish mainstream things;quite a few express freely,though they're not jew-aware either,but at least are open-minded anyway

I won't give exact details about my university, but what I can tell you is that I'm absolutely shocked and baffled over how idiotic our minister of Education is. Tell me you are retarded without actually telling me you are retarded.

Are you Bluelight by any chance? :?:

DarkAmaranthine said:
NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Attendance is mandatory, unfortunately. We have professors who ask for mandatory attendance for both courses and seminars. If we start physically, a lot of students will get fucked.

And no, there is no need for us to attend physically. We're the Faculty of Letters. WE STUDY HUMANITIES. Yes, it is definitely harder in the online - but it's something that can be achieved.

At the moment I'm trying to get into programming. After 2 years of almost constant apathy and depression because of the horrible professors we have, after mountains of homework because "well you are doing online courses anyways, so you should have all the time in the world", after spending most of my time in front of a screen and with the ridiculous breakup I went through two months ago...

No. If they decide we must return to the campus, I will freeze my year and look for a job while getting ready to leave the country.

It's the most sensible thing to do - especially with the huge economical crisis that is starting and with the international situation. Romania is literally poking Russia with a stick, daring Putin to do something. I have a family and I want to help my family financially - my mother and my cousin, who has been raised by us for a very long time.

For those who wish to go to university and get a degree - unfortunately, most degrees are useless. Even with a degree, you will have a very hard time finding a job. A degree can be useful, especially when it is relatively cheap - or when you're a good enough student for the state to pay your fees. If that is the case, go for an easier degree. For example, in Romania you get a bit of a higher salary if you have a degree. Doesn't matter which degree.

Everyone thinks that degrees are a must. They aren't. There are so many people who went for practical jobs or skills instead - and they have much higher salaries and much happier lives thanks to it. You can learn a language or two on your own, especially with a bit of investment. And you can get it certified WITHOUT going to some university. You can learn programming and find a job relatively easy without programming. You can go to nursing school, for example, and have a good specialization.

Degrees are almost completely useless in today's world - and that comes from a person that does love intellectual work. I would recommend degrees when it comes to sciences - math, chemistry, medicine, etc. But if it's about learning languages? Don't waste your time in university. At least not in a shitty country, like mine. It is not worth the stress, the apathy, losing your passion for a subject. Without knowing if you'll even find a job in the field after you're done.

As a warning to all SS, DO NOT STUDY LANGUAGES IN UNIVERSITY. DO NOT GO TO UNIVERSITY THINKING YOU WILL LEARN A LANGUAGE THERE. It will not happen, especially if you have a double specialization. I won't say which languages I am studying, but I started one of them from zero and I was left with very poor knowledge. There is a lot of work to get done overall for both parts of the degree - and the professors themselves have horrible teaching patterns.

One of these languages I learned on my own from my teenagerhood. The second one I took from zero in university - and I ended up losing most of my passion for it because of how they teach us. Besides that, I lost my passion for literature - and writing - for almost two years.

It is much better to learn a language on your own, through certain courses - either paid or free - than go to university for it. If you already know the language to a level of... A2, B1 - then it's not a problem. But actually learning a language substantially in university is incredibly hard.

Oh, you are studying a language in University? I like Japanese lol.

Well, be honest to yourself, will you really benefit in any way from this degree? Will you be able to find a good paying job?

You mentioned that you want to learn how to program, it is much easier to learn that in University, than alone. If you spoke German I could have given u material to study for C and C++, but this will not help you since ur not German haha

If I was you, I would go for a practical job, or study something else entirely. However you already invested so much time in this, that you might as well finish it. :/

I studied engineering for medical applications and devices, I can advise everyone to study this, as this is very interesting and also pays very well. You can work almost everywhere with this degree.

Good luck with your degree friend!

NinRick said:

Unfortunately, I have studied Humanities for most of my life. Languages are, of course, useful. As I don't plan on staying in this country for a long period of time, at least I will have something to show when it comes to degrees. And languages are universal, especially English.

In our universities, I would need to know math to study a Computer Science degree. I do not know, in fact, math. It will take longer for me to learn programming on my own, but I know someone who is quite well versed in this and who will help me on my path.

And universities in Romania are extremely outdated. At this point, you might as well learn stuff on your own. On a secondary note, there are companies who offer training so I might do some research concerning this option.

Thank you for the advice! I came to this university hoping I'd actually learn something. I did not learn a lot. It just proves how useless education is nowadays, especially in poorer countries like Romania. We have an incredibly old teaching system that isn't effective unless you spend all of your free time studying.

And most professors are communist idiots. When we complained to one of the nicer professors about how quite a few of her colleagues didn't bother with teaching us, she told us to pay for private lessons and tutoring. Telling us that, during the communist years, students would come to university already knowing all of these things because they would get tutoring beforehand.

You are in a hard situation, but you are not alone. I think the best advices will come from your colleagues, so keep the touch with them. You said that attendece is mandatory. I heard this all the time. If you don't go what they can do to you? Cut your arm?

Always there is another way, especially in our beautiful country. Just don't give up and go to your exams. Maybe you will fall one or two, not a big deal. If you will need to repeat the year, you already have plan b. Quiting is not the end of the world eather, you are learning a valuable skill and you can earn enough money from that

After all you are doing just fine. Just don't stress too much on it. How many times you solved something by overthinking?

NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:
NinRick said:

If I was you, I would go for a practical job, or study something else entirely. However you already invested so much time in this, that you might as well finish it. :/
Sometimes it is best to just cut the losses and move forward: https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/economics/sunk-cost/
Suppose you buy a ticket to a concert for $150. On the night of the concert, you remember that you have an important assignment due on the same night. You must make a decision: go to the concert or finish your assignment. The $150 paid for the ticket is a sunk cost and should not affect your decision.

Henu the Great said:
NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Sometimes it is best to just cut the losses and move forward: https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/economics/sunk-cost/
Suppose you buy a ticket to a concert for $150. On the night of the concert, you remember that you have an important assignment due on the same night. You must make a decision: go to the concert or finish your assignment. The $150 paid for the ticket is a sunk cost and should not affect your decision.

And when you compare 2 years of investment to a SS existence it's look insignificant. It's still an important choice, but we have the power to change our lifes without a diploma

Henu the Great said:
NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Oh, there is no way I will continue this year if they decide to maintain this decision. I'll freeze it and continue the semester next year. Or two years. Depends on where I find myself then.

At this point, I am completely sick - mentally and physically - because of this university. Was it worth it? No. All I've done these past two days is walk around like a ghost, incapable of doing anything or thinking about anything. I found a place of comfort on the forums. I'm just trying to keep my mind off the fact that I will have to talk to my mother about the situation quite soon. It feels like it's my fault. Like I'm guilty. Like this is happening because of me.

Even if it's not.

Henu the Great said:
NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Very true, I would just stop with it, if I do not benefit from it in any way. But I am in no place to tell people what to do with their lives.

This is a bad situation, is it 2 months of exams and then you're done forever or 2 months of exams and then another year will begin?

In the first case I'd suck it up and finish it, because if you didn't it would mean you have totally wasted 2 years of your life and your efforts were wasted, in the latter case you might as well leave since it's basically a useless degree unless you want to be a teacher or whatever limited career scopes that degree offers.

Update: My university has decided to get back to physical classes. In two weeks.

At this point, the only sensible choice I have is to freeze my year and finish my degree in 2023. It's not the best choice for me - as I'm sure my family will feel a certain sense of disappointment thanks to these circumstances - but there is no other choice that won't put me in debt or in a worse situation.

Am I disappointed? Very much so. In some ways, it feels like my fault for not being able to continue this. We were told one thing, and now we are being thrown under the bus because of these horrible circumstances.

Since I won't be studying anymore, I will need to find a job. Fortunately, at least like this, I'll be able to help my mom financially in the period of crisis that is to follow.

DarkAmaranthine said:
NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

i too am in a faculty of letters and sciences,romanian-english specialization at my university.i asked if you're from upg ploiești because it would have been nice to meet at least one fellow spiritual satanist-it is quite unpleasant to be the only one around other people i'm talking to,really-they're totally narrow-minded about topics that to us here are common knowledge,but,i guess,that's the average modern man for you,a fully brainwashed being unable to think for him/herself.i do find a few open-minded or at least willing to listen to me and talk back without overreacting,but that's basically it,which i do find a bit boring,but i can live with it

Aquarius said:
This is a bad situation, is it 2 months of exams and then you're done forever or 2 months of exams and then another year will begin?

In the first case I'd suck it up and finish it, because if you didn't it would mean you have totally wasted 2 years of your life and your efforts were wasted, in the latter case you might as well leave since it's basically a useless degree unless you want to be a teacher or whatever limited career scopes that degree offers.

I am in my last year, but since I'm not ready to take my license paper this summer I was ready to leave it for January next year.

Here we can freeze our university year - and we can return in the following 5 years. So, if we take it that way, I'm not giving up on my previous efforts. I'm just taking a break.

But paying around 5oo or 600 Euros in two weeks, besides having to find a job and renting a place for around 2 or 3 months? My family is on the poorer side. I had to study decently to maintain myself in a situation where the government pays my university fees because my family wouldn't be able to afford it. I live in a village at the moment - where it's pretty much impossible to get a part-time job.

All I can do now is freeze the year and return next year. Or in two. Depends on where I find myself financially.

DarkAmaranthine said:
Aquarius said:

I am in my last year, but since I'm not ready to take my license paper this summer I was ready to leave it for January next year.

Here we can freeze our university year - and we can return in the following 5 years. So, if we take it that way, I'm not giving up on my previous efforts. I'm just taking a break.

But paying around 5oo or 600 Euros in two weeks, besides having to find a job and renting a place for around 2 or 3 months? My family is on the poorer side. I had to study decently to maintain myself in a situation where the government pays my university fees because my family wouldn't be able to afford it. I live in a village at the moment - where it's pretty much impossible to get a part-time job.

All I can do now is freeze the year and return next year. Or in two. Depends on where I find myself financially.
Good luck with your decision then :D

Aquarius said:
DarkAmaranthine said:
Aquarius said:

Thank you. I'm not happy with it. But I'm more than well aware that I don't have the financial resources to go through this at the moment.

Maybe taking a break and gaining some financial independence will help me more in the long-term.

Inflorescentia said:

Hi.
If you don't mind communicating through email, I might be able to assist you in getting a remote job for the time being.

You can contact me at [email protected].
That is very kind of you to help another SS like this :)

DarkAmaranthine said:
Aquarius said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Thank you. I'm not happy with it. But I'm more than well aware that I don't have the financial resources to go through this at the moment.

Maybe taking a break and gaining some financial independence will help me more in the long-term.
Are you Bluelight?

Aquarius said:
DarkAmaranthine said:
Aquarius said:

Are you Bluelight?

Yes, I am. I'm quite surprised you recognized me. I had to take a long break from the forums and lost my old account.

DarkAmaranthine said:
Aquarius said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Are you Bluelight?

Yes, I am. I'm quite surprised you recognized me. I had to take a long break from the forums and lost my old account.
I still remember the threads about literature. Welcome back:)

NinRick said:

I was thinking about learning german for a while now, as there is plethora of books about occult and such that are in this language and were never translated to english.
Do you have any good sources for learning german, perhaps?

Woodlandman said:
NinRick said:

I was thinking about learning german for a while now, as there is plethora of books about occult and such that are in this language and were never translated to english.

No sorry, I don’t know any sources to learn German, as I was raised here.

NinRick said:
Woodlandman said:
NinRick said:

No sorry, I don’t know any sources to learn German, as I was raised here.

Okay.

Woodlandman said:
NinRick said:

Pimsleur and assimil.

Aquarius said:
Woodlandman said:
NinRick said:

Pimsleur and assimil.

Thanks, I will check them out.

DarkAmaranthine said:
NinRick said:
DarkAmaranthine said:

Înțeleg ce spui. E o bătaie de joc la facultățile astea.. știu din experiență.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back