Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

someone who knows about ypga and working out please answer this.

krazymuthauka

i want to combine yoga and work outs.

these are the routines that i thought of:

Option 1
5 minueste of yoga then i workout for an hour and instead of resting between reps do yoga poses then warm down with 10 minutes of yoga

Option 2
dont count reps i do as many of whatever i can and instead of resting i do yoga poses.

option 3
work out for 30 and yoga poses tageting the same muscle groups for 30

Which one would have the best effects? i dont want to work out and do yoga every day. i want to have a daily routine so i can actually meditate to.

Working out everyday may wear you out, especially if you are also meditating and doing yoga. Workout 3-4 days a week instead, it's what I do and what my workout routine follows. I personally do seperate sessions, working out early the day, doing yoga much later in the day, but I'll also meditate 1-3 times a day, but then again I have the time for all this.

Remember yoga sessions should be done in a meditative state so it may have to be it's own seperate session because working out will have you too active. Just do yoga before or after your meditation. If you do meditative yoga before meditation, your energy will be amped, but sometimes I'll do yoga after my meditation since I'm already in a meditative state.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "krazymuthauka" <krazymuthauka@... wrote:

Option 1
5 minueste of yoga then i workout for an hour and instead of resting between reps do yoga poses then warm down with 10 minutes of yoga

Option 2
dont count reps i do as many of whatever i can and instead of resting i do yoga poses.

option 3

Which one would have the best effects? i dont want to work out and do yoga every day. i want to have a daily routine so i can actually meditate to.

I used to do hatha yoga in the morning with a following meditation. Then I would jog 3 miles and do high intensity workouts at the y for an hour and a half. Then I would jog back and go to work for 8 hours or so. Then I would meditate when I got off work. Then repeat. The best thing to do would probably do it in this order.
1. Meditate
2. Hatha yoga
3 jog
4 workout
5 meditate
6. Tibetan breaths
7 yoga
8. Relax.
I would still be doing this but someone stole my fucking money. BTW this is just my opinion

------------------------------
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 6:21 PM PDT krazymuthauka wrote:

Option 1

Option 2

option 3

I wouldn't do that. Just do them separately. However I would do yoga before I workout because it sucks to do yoga when you're sore and like trembling doing a handstand or something.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "krazymuthauka" <krazymuthauka@... wrote:

Option 1

Option 2

option 3

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back