Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Seeking Guidance: Can Interrupted Meditation Still Be Effective?

Blue Fire

Hello everyone,

Recently, my life has been turned upside down, and now I must meditate for 12 hours a day to find my way through these circumstances.

Even though I have a job, I meditate as much as possible while working. However, this meditation is often interrupted when a customer arrives.

My question is: Can I take breaks in my meditation and still benefit from it? For instance, if I start the RAUM meditation and have to stop midway for an hour because a customer comes in or I need to eat, can I simply resume the meditation afterward? Will it still empower me?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

Recently, my life has been turned upside down, and now I must meditate for 12 hours a day to find my way through these circumstances.

Even though I have a job, I meditate as much as possible while working. However, this meditation is often interrupted when a customer arrives.

My question is: Can I take breaks in my meditation and still benefit from it? For instance, if I start the RAUM meditation and have to stop midway for an hour because a customer comes in or I need to eat, can I simply resume the meditation afterward? Will it still empower me?
Thank you in advance.
You should enjoy your life too, not just let it be work, work, work, meditation, meditation, meditation.

Take breaks, let yourself relax or you will eventually burn out.

If somebody interrupts you mid meditation, just focus on the already raised energy and once they leave just continue on.

I'm not saying don't meditate, I'm saying to not burn yourself out.

I would not meditate while working, but rather focus on breathing slowly throughout the day.

Then meditate at home without disturbance, and also do asanas and other physical exercise.

I have tried doing breath of fire etc while working in a store. Thats when customers starts coming in, as if they Know somehow and want to disturb. Felt like "this must be a simulation I'm living in". :mad:
Just mindwrecking.

No, you have to completely reform the way you look at meditation.

Take seriously the above article.

You will get much further if you meditate for 4 hours comfortably than not paying attention and ""meditate"" for 12 hours. You can easily program some bad stuff in yourself.

Hello.

12 hours, it is in fact possible, but it should be clearly planned and you should switch to such a meditation plan after you have been practising for 6-8 hours daily for about a year, and before that you have been practising for several more intensive years, at least five years in total.

You need a serious meditation plan, very balanced in the ratio of investment and effort, you need to understand what exactly the meditations will result in, you will need to invest most of your time in defence, purification and spiritual initiation. There has to be a practical understanding of what the meditation is about.

Otherwise you may find your karma pushing you hard, because if you raise and invest energies daily for most of the day, you will disturb the depths of your soul very much. This is serious, you must realise that there will be changes and they will be negative, you will have to overcome to become stronger.

Yes, we mean full-blown meditation, not a recreational activity like the basic methods.

It's like climbing a mountain alone. There's a danger of falling off, of burning out. I remind you, you need experience in this way of life. You need a cushion where you can fall down gently in case you fall off, you need a safety net. Think about what you will do if you lose your job, get sick, change your place of residence. You need extra finances and help from loved ones, think about this in advance.

For example. You will have to give up: hobbies, unnecessary relationships (hiking, cinema with friends, etc.), career (you will not be able to take more responsibility at work, which is a requirement for promotion), any training except spiritual education (otherwise the energy is not realised, you need knowledge and its application), somewhat reduce sleep, perhaps even polyphasic sleep (because you have to work). This is from personal experience.

In fact, such a regime is unnecessary, especially if you have not been in it for a long time, it is harmful.

What can be well organised is to make a flexible meditation plan, when you have workdays, it consists of basic programmes of protection, cleansing and increasing strength. And weekends, when you give your best.

On weekdays you can divide the meditation programme into night and morning time, as it is rare that anyone can stay fully awake for meditation after work. That is, you sleep first, then wake up early in the morning and meditate.

Things like a sudden increase in spiritual level is a very, very rare characteristic, but it exists.

About your question about whether it is possible to interrupt mantras. In general yes, if you think over the system of separation in advance and get used to it, but not for an hour. Moreover, your consciousness will be constantly distracted by work, it is not the best choice, unless you have an iron will, capable of controlling several bodies at once, including the physical, it is advanced.

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.

No, you have to completely reform the way you look at meditation.

Take seriously the above article.

You will get much further if you meditate for 4 hours comfortably than not paying attention and ""meditate"" for 12 hours. You can easily program some bad stuff in yourself.
Quality over quantity.

Having customers disturbing meditation over and over can make it more difficult later on,
as the mind could get used to that and start assuming meditation may get disturbed even at home.

Quality of meditation is only possible without disturbances, and will also increase with physical exercise.

Meditation music/sounds can help initially to calm the mind. But silence is golden :ninja:

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.

Doing something is better than nothing and you will still gain some benefit. As others alluded to, certain meditations or spiritual actions need full focus, however it is my opinion that you can do some smaller and shorter ones with less, such as cleaning or simple empowerment.

My advice would be to modify some of these exercises where possible to be reduced in their length, or substitute in alternatives.

With heartfelt sincerity, I thank each and every one of you for your boundless knowledge, wisdom, and generosity in sharing it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back