Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Re: Need some little help!

jonhooks21

Honestly it sounds like you are over reacting.  What are you going to tell the doctor?  "I have a knot in my solar plexus." He's going to laugh you right out of the office. 

So let me ask you a few questions:

Can you breath?.................. Yes
Are you short of breath? ........No
Do you have chest pain?.........No
Do you know your name? .......Yes
What time it is?  .....Yes
Where you are located?......Yes

If your answers don't match mine then you had better get to the E.R. right away!

On the other hand if they do match my answers then you probably swallowed some air when you were gulping down your water and the air is moving through your system.  I would suggest doing some situps, crunches, and walking around.  You just need to Fart it out! Otherwise eat a huge greasy burger with cheese and duce it out.

I think you will live.

---In [email protected], <inlovewithsatan@... wrote :

Hi, I need some little help. I think 2 days ago I had drunk water hurriedly so for a while immediately I felt that stuck odd feeling in my chest I thought it was just normal as it has happened with me several times before. But since morning today I felt that knot stuck feeling in the center of my chest,in solar plexus, and a little bit in my throat. Now it's only in solar plexus chakra,in stomach or liver. How to fix it? I think I'll have to go for a checkup tomorrow but can't right now. Should have gone today.

Maybe I was overreacting lol but that choking, knot feeling was persistent for 2 days. Now it seems to be fine. It was not acidity or anything else lmao! Thanks!

You may have experienced a hiatus hernia. This is when the top of the stomach bulges through the esophageal orifice in the diaphragm. It can range from very painful to asymptomatic ie no symptoms.

it's still worth getting checked. As for the advice to eat a greasy cheeseburger and fart it out.... terrible advice.

And yet he feels better already.  You know why? Because he had gas in his system from "gulping water", which would also include gulping air. Most people don't realize how gasses trapped in the body can be very painful. He sent me a message yesterday saying he felt much better and yes maybe he did over react a little.

His symptoms were NOT consistent with having a hiatal hernia.  I advocate against being an alarmist and encourage people to stop and think and use common sense.

Knowledge is power.  We are here to empower people.  Not create a bunch of alarmist. We have all seen the multiple post here calling for "Urgent" help for some minor perceived health issue. As Satanist lets empower our members through knowledge of physical science and spiritual advancement.

Hail Satan!

Hiatal hernias when minor can rectify themselves, especially in younger persons whose overall bodily strength is better than say aged persons.

If perhaps the complaint was referring to cramps in the lower abdomen, I could reconcile the idea of perhaps just trapped air or gas from bacterial fermentation. But the location of the pain (from the information provided) seems to be too high up to be either, and trapped gas and air in the stomach will almost always be released as a burp, especially if it is near the top of the stomach.

Hiatal hernias are not life threatening, nor do they severely impair the usual function of the stomach, except to cause some discomfort and pain and perhaps acid reflux.

When giving advice about health, it pays to recognise that sometimes people respond better to empathy and a proper consideration of their ailment, rather than trivialising their opiniom.of their own suffering. Many times people feel vulnerable asking for health advice and will agree even with poor assertions not because they are necessarily true but because it releives the feeling of vulnerability. I'm not saying that this definitely was the case in this instance, as everyone is different and some people more sure of themselves than others in that regard.

This will be my last post on this subject.
Hiatal hernias do not "rectify" themselves, no matter your age or bodily condition. Once the tissue is herniated it will not "rectify" itself. Gases trapped in the gastrointestinal tract do in fact pass through the stomach to come out as flatus (fart),or as you pointed out being released as a burp. Gases can escape the gastrointestinal tract and be absorbed into the body cavity.....this can be painful, but the body knows how to take care of this. As those gases move around they are reabsorbed into the gastrointestinal tract and then eliminated as flatus.
You obviously don't appreciate my sense of humor my friend and that's okay. My point was not to overreact!  I've been monitoring this group for a while and noticed a pattern of people with nonexistent "Urgent" needs. There is a hypochondriac deep down in each of us. Lets not give in to the hypochondria and alarmist within. That is what the Christians do.

Sometimes people need a good dose of reality to fix what ails them.  A true Satanist does not feel vulnerable, but feels empowered.

Hail Satan!

On Friday, August 7, 2015 12:06 PM, "billoblueskees@... [SSHealth]" <[email protected] wrote:

Hiatal hernias when minor can rectify themselves, especially in younger persons whose overall bodily strength is better than say aged persons.

If perhaps the complaint was referring to cramps in the lower abdomen, I could reconcile the idea of perhaps just trapped air or gas from bacterial fermentation. But the location of the pain (from the information provided) seems to be too high up to be either, and trapped gas and air in the stomach will almost always be released as a burp, especially if it is near the top of the stomach.

Hiatal hernias are not life threatening, nor do they severely impair the usual function of the stomach, except to cause some discomfort and pain and perhaps acid reflux.

When giving advice about health, it pays to recognise that sometimes people respond better to empathy and a proper consideration of their ailment, rather than trivialising their opiniom.of their own suffering. Many times people feel vulnerable asking for health advice and will agree even with poor assertions not because they are necessarily true but because it releives the feeling of vulnerability. I'm not saying that this definitely was the case in this instance, as everyone is different and some people more sure of themselves than others in that regard.

Actually I think you may be right, at least in regard to the pain being caused by gas. If the pain was over a broad area, appeared to move around or not remain in a fixed location (as indicated by the sentence my liver or stomach or solar chakra) then this corresponds to qi stagnation, and since air is qi, well trapped air fits the bill. However if the pain was of a stabbing.or boring nature, and in a single location and longer lasting, then this would indicate perhaps a hiatus hernia.

However both herniation and qi stagnation involving acute rapid onset usually from something the person does, ie lift a heavy load or something to do with food all involves shan disorder, the nature of which is stagnation in some form causing physical injury.

As for being unable to have a hernia rectify itself however, this is to say that the body cannot heal itself and that there is no capacity for healing of certain things ie a hiatus hernia. This is contradictory to the idea that as Spiritual Satanists we are empowered. We are empowered when we work towards empowerment, and by study and application of magic alongside other streams of information. We are not empowered simply because we think we are, nor are we invincible just because we are SS. True empowerment is not just mind over matter but actual results. So ignoring a potential situation just in order to avoid being alarmist is not necessarily empowering in itself. I was merely providing a possibility for the pain that the OP may well have then researched themselves.

Completely ignoring the potential worst case scenarios does not constitute what I would call empowerment, but rather makes one FEEL empowered and as though nothing can be wrong when in fact the contrary may be the case.

I do however think that you were right in your analysis that this was gas though, as blood stasis tends to develop over a longer period of time and last for longer than qi stagnation.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back