Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #3009: """" hate """" others happiness and envy

AskSatanOperator

I get extremely insecure when I look at social networks, I basically don't have any, I started Instagram again these days and I'm already wanting to get off it, I'm starting to hate other people's "happiness".
Speaking of feeling jealous, I've started to envy my best friend, it's not nice and I really like her, I don't want to have these kinds of emotions/thoughts.

Obviously stay away from Social Media, it can be extremely cancerous for people.

People are only going to post the best of times or sometimes even just regular day to day actions as if they're living their best life. Still, having photos as memories isn't bad in itself but like I said, there are times when you can see a lack of genuine in people's posts.

Some of us have hard habits of comparing ourselves to people of power, or people who we perceive have power. And sometimes, it isn't for the best. Especially on Instagram, where more often than not, people are just competing on who is happier or living a more fulfilling life. This can be detrimental.

As far as jealousy towards your friend, this is very simple.. what does she have that you don't? Or what characteristics about her do you not have?

Those things that you find are missing in your life, you need to figure out what you can and can't change. From there, accept what you can't and begin to work on what you can. Introspection is key here and take your time to heal.

I hope this helps.

Its okay I get jealous of guys who are popular with women as well. Just don't do anything evil about it. I even get resentful at times. I just have some hobbies which keep me content, so my life doesn't really suck even if I am jealous.

But one day I will become Gojo Satoru or someone even more attractive is what I keep telling myself.

Actually to answer your question properly, understand that comparison should not be done.

Different people have different conditions of life allowing them to achieve different things.

A person with natal Sun has good chance of making money and getting rich. A person who had attractive parents are going to be attractive themselves. A person who had athletic parents will dominate in sports too. But sometimes people are born into poor families. And its a lot harder for them to make money. Sometimes people are born in war torn countries. Some people never even see the light of the day.

Life is not fair and therefore you should never compare. Everyone is handed out different cards, a different path in life. People are different. So don't compare.

Hello :)

Feelings of jealousy can have many causes. Try to think about the reason you envy these people. Remember that you have the opportunity to use the tools that JoS offers you to fulfill your desires.

Jealousy can also stem from low self-esteem. You can work on your solar energies using Sun Square or the Sowilo rune.

Also, you should limit comparing yourself to other people. Each of us has our own life situation and different lifestyle.

Other peoples 'success' on social media, especially instagram, is most likely fake to begin with. We live in an era where people want to be rich and popular more than ever and they will try to fake a luxurious life on social media. Many people who are attractive or whatever on social media are not as wealthy or successful as they seem. One thing I noticed is that Instagram itself has Neptunian influences.
Mercury and Uranus rules media but Neptune rules acting and entertainment and also has its own place in social media as well. A lot of the stuff you see on social media is just an illusion made by people to make it seem like they are the most rich and popular people ever. Popularity and Influence on social media is literally a "Fake it until you make it" type deal.

Once you really understand this, all the hate and jealousy will begin to fade. If you want to be popular on social media then you have to learn to let go of what people think about you and also stop stressing yourself out about what other people may or may not have in life that seems better than what you have or it'll constantly gnaw at you and tear you apart from the inside out.
That's one of the reasons why people are so mentally fucked with anger and jealousy these days, they are too focused on a materialistic life and what other people have and it destroys them. They never focus on themselves or what they should do to become like those 'successful people' they always see all over social media.

Social media are scientifically designed for this, as well as to cause superficiality and attention problems, all in order to sell data for advertisements or to provide a place to advertise.

Use social media for work, otherwise I would avoid it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back