Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #2500: Regarding Biblical wisdom

AskSatanOperator

I have a question about the Bible. The JoS holds that it is a Jewish collection of stolen and altered historical and/or allegorical stories. I don't aim to deny that.
However, there have been many times that certain texts 'resonate' with me - especially those in Proverbs.

Do you agree that the Bible does at least contain some true Wisdom?

The original source of inspiration is us, and so when we look past over 90% of bullshit, then we can partially agree (as there is no true wisdom as is). Also, it is no thanks to those who stole and manipulated stolen material, but to those that it got stolen from.

AskSatanOperator said:
I have a question about the Bible. The JoS holds that it is a Jewish collection of stolen and altered historical and/or allegorical stories. I don't aim to deny that.
However, there have been many times that certain texts 'resonate' with me - especially those in Proverbs.

Do you agree that the Bible does at least contain some true Wisdom?

It does, but this doesn't refute the fact that this "wisdom" is stolen and not its own. It's explained in the Exposing Christianity website that the Book of Proverbs is stolen from Assyrian and Egyptian texts, just like the "Ten Commandments" are stolen from the Code of Hammurabi:

The writings in the biblical book of PROVERBS were STOLEN from numerous sources:
The Words of Ahiqar
Ahiqar was an advisor to Sennacherib, king of Assyria from 704-681 BCE. In 1906 German archaeologists excavated a copy of his teachings, inscribed upon eleven sheets of palimpsest papyrus, from the debris of Elephantine which is today part of the city of Aswan in Southern Egypt.

Parallels:

Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness. Prov.20:20

STOLEN from:
"Whosoever takes no pride in the names of his father and mother, may the sun not shine upon him." Ahiqar 9:137

He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him;
Prov. 13:24

STOLEN from:
"With-hold not thy son from the rod, else thou wilt not be able to save him from wickedness." Ahiqar 6:81

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.
Prov. 25:15

STOLEN from:
Soft is the utterance of a king; yet it is sharper and stronger than a two-edged knife." Ahiqar 7:105
The Teachings of Amen-em-opet
Amen-em-opet, son of Ka-nakht, taught in Egypt between 1200 - 1000 BCE. The text is found in British Museum Papyrus 10474 and a portion on a writing tablet in Turin, Italy. The papyrus is said to have come from Thebes and is speculated to be of the 10th and 6th centuries BCE.

Parallels:

Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips.
Prov. 17-18

STOLEN from:
Give they ears, hear what is said,
Give they heart to understand them
Let them rest in the casket of thy belly
That they may be a key in they heart."
Amen-em-opet 3:10

Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court.
Prov. 22:22

STOLEN from:
"Guard thyself against robbing the oppressed
And against overbearing the disabled."
Amen-em-opet 2:1

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head and the Lord will reward you.
Prov. 25:21-22

STOLEN from:
"Leave him in the arms of the god;
Fill his belly with bread of thine
So that he may be sated and may be ashamed."
Amen-em-opet 5:8

Do not move and ancient boundry stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless, for their Defender is strong; he will take up their case against you.
Prov. 23:10-11

STOLEN from:
"Do not carry off the landmark at the boundaries of the arable land
Nor disturb the position of the measuring cord
Be not greedy after a cubit of land
Nor encroach upon the boundaries of a widow."
Amen-em-opet 7:12-15

Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil
Prov. 15:16
Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice.
Prov. 16:8

STOLEN from:
Better is a measure that the god gives thee,
Than five thousand taken illegally."
Amen-em-opet 8:19
[This one also smacks of the Nazarene feeding the "five thousand."]

Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred. Prov. 15:17
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. Prov. 17:1

STOLEN from:
"Better is bread when the heart is happy
Than riches with sorrow."
Amen-em-opet 9:9

Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared, Prov. 22:24-25

STOLEN from:
"Do not greet thy heated in thy violence
Nor hurt thy own heart thereby"
Amen-em-opet 13:8

You will vomit up the little you have eaten and will have wasted your compliments.
Prov. 23:8

STOLEN from:
"The mouthful of bread too great thou swallowest and vomitest up."
Amen-em-opet 14:13

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.
Prov. 27:1

STOLEN from:
"Do not spend the night fearful of the morrow
At daybreak what is the morrow like?
Man knows not what the morrow is like."
Amen-eo-opet 19:11

Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Prov. 19:21
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Prov. 16:9

STOLEN from:
"One thing are the words which men say
Another is that which God does."
Amen-em-opet 19:15

Have I not written thirty sayings for you, sayings of counsel and knowledge.
Prov. 22:20

STOLEN from:
"See thou these thirty chapters
They entertain; they instruct
They are the foremost of all books."
Amen-em-opet 27:5

The Teachings of Ptah-Hotep
Ptah-Hotep taught around 2450 BCE, during the 5th Dynasty of The Old Kingdom of Egypt. His teachings were preserved on both clay tablets and papyrus sheets and are presently at the Bibliothéque Nationale in Paris. In addition to the book of Proverbs, many of the writings in the books of Ecclesiastes and Sirach were also stolen from the Teachings of Ptah-Hotep.

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
Ezekiel 23:20

Cracks me up everytime.

Or when the jewish god demands the same prophet to cook his food using heat from human poop to represent what it is like for the chosen people to be living alongside the goyim, such a wisdom:

Ezekiel 4:12-13 "And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them."

Or when the bible is not being the 90% book it is of genocide, infanticide, slavery:
https://satanslibrary.org/ExposingChristianity/Jehova_A_Murderer_and_a_Liar_from_the_Beginning.html
https://satanslibrary.org/ExposingChristianity/The_Nazarene_the_Worst_Sinner_of_Them_All.html

Or Yahweh's favorite person at the time offering their own daughters for gangbangs:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2019&version=NCV

- or just killing the reader with uther boredom, sure you do have a few "moral" lessons stolen from the Pagan Mysteries that usually become literalization of important process of transformation, to twisted moralism, suicidal advices and anti-life dogmatism, re-phrased to sound wise and deep: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=433005#p433005

That's the same as saying ''sometimes you can find useful things people throw away in the dumpster, why don't we go dumpster diving together''.

Most of the so called biblical wisdom is just common sense and doesn't contain any profound and spiritual truth, do you have to reach some kind of enlightened state to know that killing or cheating or stealing will get you in trouble? xtians have selective amnesia and just parrot the same passages that contain common sense over and over, while carefully ommitting the ones that describe atrocities, for example Lot offering his two virgin daughters to the angry mob (to be gang raped and killed) in order to save the ''angels''. What a loving father, right? Yet you would be shocked at how many xtian women never heard of that story in the bible and they would severely start questioning things if the xtian god instructs men to treat their own daughters as lesser than cattle. Look inside and ask yourself if what you resonate with is some mystified truth or just common sense.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back