Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

MER KA BA Breath Count?

JXAVSD10000

Does it have to be counts of 6, or can we just hold for whatever time we stick with?

Also, even though there seems to be some breaks in the instruction of the meditation, Maxine did say the meditation is done with 18 breaths, so am I to presume correctly that means an inhale, hold, and exhale for every part?

JXAVSD10000 said:
Does it have to be counts of 6, or can we just hold for whatever time we stick with?

Also, even though there seems to be some breaks in the instruction of the meditation, Maxine did say the meditation is done with 18 breaths, so am I to presume correctly that means an inhale, hold, and exhale for every part?

I have done it without the 6-count format and it still works, but maybe not as well. Obviously, it is not good to alter these things if you can help it, especially since we don't understand the entire dynamics of the meditation. At the same time, not everything has to be 100% perfect either.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=394752 time=1666311772 user_id=21286]
JXAVSD10000 said:

I have done it without the 6-count format and it still works, but maybe not as well. Obviously, it is not good to alter these things if you can help it, especially since we don't understand the entire dynamics of the meditation. At the same time, not everything has to be 100% perfect either.

Thank you, I appreciate the answer.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back