Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Kopie off JOS on Bitcoin Block Chain forever

Fuchs

I did read one can include pictures up until 4mb in a block that is mined.

I understand this would be expensive, but it would be forever accessabel and could not be censored. Just wanted to state it.

It would be much more accessable forever for everybody to just download everything and save on USB drives.

But interesting idea.

Similar to JoS being on Tor officially or unofficially (and I think the member who is doing said it was semi-official), there is also Freenet.

Freenet is a peer-to-peer platform for censorship-resistant, anonymous communication. It uses a decentralised distributed data store to keep and deliver information

The last I knew, it is good in that the more things are accessed, the more-impossible it becomes for them to be removed/lost; so then presumably if things are not accessed, then the opposite. It's bad because "the best way" to use it, for anti-censorship, anti-surveillance is that you should connect directly with other users. That means they having your IP address, which might not be a good idea, because that would reduce anonymity. It is similar to Tor in that it is of the 'darknet', but whereas Internet pages load in seconds and Tor pages load is more seconds or minutes, Freenet pages load in minutes and minutes. It is very slow. Tor can be used within-Tor only and through Tor to the regular Internet; Freenet is internal only. So if we want things to be kept for posterity - assuming they don't turn off the Internet servers and backbone, etc. - then Freenet could be a way to keep things from becoming lost. Again, this is the last I knew. I haven't kept up-to-date with it. If (((they))) did turn the Internet off, then another Internet could/should be made. TPB said they were going to do that, if a certain US bill was passed. I don't know the current status of these things, either.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back