Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Home made cold cure for humans and bunnies!

outtofindthetruth

I thought I'd share this since it cured one of my bunnies really fast.

One of my bunnies catches a cold every winter (I don't know why since the other bunnies never do. She keeps sneezing, has trouble breathing properly and has white mucus coming out of her nose) and last year I had to take her to the vets who gave her a jab and a weeks worth of medicine to give her daily. So this year, not wanting to have to put her through the stress of vets and needles again, I went to look for home made cures against colds and checked that each ingredient was harmless for bunbuns.

This was it:
-Boil about a teacup full of water
-Add a branch of thyme (or a tablespoon of thyme)
-Add 5 cloves
-Add a stick of cinnamon (or a tablespoon of cinnamon)
-Leave it all to infuse for 10 minutes
-Filter it all

-If it's for you well it's best to drink it hot
-If it's for you rabbit, wait until it cools off (tepid at the maximum, you don't want your bunny to burn his/her mouth) and put it in his/her water bottle

PS: I added a small quantity of multivitamin juice to the mixture to give her some vitamin C at least. I guess adding orange juice instead probably works too (but only a really small quantity if you don't want to give your rabbit diarrhoea).

She (and our other bunnies since they've got the same bottle) gladly drank it in the afternoon and in the evening she already stopped sneezing and was completely recovered by the next day.

Hope it helps if any of you or your bunnies have a cold.

Hail Father Satan!

This should be posted in he JoS4pets groups :) thanks for posting

------------------------------
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 2:28 PM EST outtofindthetruth wrote:

One of my bunnies catches a cold every winter (I don't know why since the other bunnies never do. She keeps sneezing, has trouble breathing properly and has white mucus coming out of her nose) and last year I had to take her to the vets who gave her a jab and a weeks worth of medicine to give her daily. So this year, not wanting to have to put her through the stress of vets and needles again, I went to look for home made cures against colds and checked that each ingredient was harmless for bunbuns.

This was it:
-Add 5 cloves
-Filter it all

-If it's for you rabbit, wait until it cools off (tepid at the maximum, you don't want your bunny to burn his/her mouth) and put it in his/her water bottle

PS: I added a small quantity of multivitamin juice to the mixture to give her some vitamin C at least. I guess adding orange juice instead probably works too (but only a really small quantity if you don't want to give your rabbit diarrhoea).

She (and our other bunnies since they've got the same bottle) gladly drank it in the afternoon and in the evening she already stopped sneezing and was completely recovered by the next day.

Hail Father Satan!

So awesome to read of people having such such love for our animal friends and taking such great care of them :D
Yes please post this to Jos4Pets.

Hail Satan!!!

I read this post and just thought 'aww'  bunnies are so cute!!  I love little animals like squirrels and chipmunks.  I hope your bunny is doing well :)
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Home made cold cure for humans and bunnies!

This should be posted in he JoS4pets groups :) thanks for posting

------------------------------
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 2:28 PM EST outtofindthetruth wrote:

This was it:
-Add 5 cloves
-Filter it all

Hail Father Satan!

Thanks for all of your kind messages =)
Yes she is much better thanks and doing good so far =D
I'll post my message on the pet forum too as advised.

Hail Father Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back