Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Finetuning Mantras / Vibrations

I've wanted to know this for the longest time but there should be a correct or should I say the optimal pitch to a mantra right?

Think of notes on a piano. A,B,C C# (C sharp) etc. Each note has a different pitch to it. Each note has a different frequnce and hence a different vibration. If you vibrate something you can vibrate it in different pitches, any pitch you like. For examples singing a song with different notes.

Let's say I vibrate AAAAUUUUUMMMMM. It can be done in the notes of A,B,C C# (C sharp) etc, any note. Or multiple notes in the same repetition.

So that means each mantra should have a more correct/optimal pitch associated with it right? Because by changing the pitch we are essentially changing the vibration (it's frequency etc).

स त न म said:
I've wanted to know this for the longest time but there should be a correct or should I say the optimal pitch to a mantra right?

Think of notes on a piano. A,B,C C# (C sharp) etc. Each note has a different pitch to it. Each note has a different frequnce and hence a different vibration. If you vibrate something you can vibrate it in different pitches, any pitch you like. For examples singing a song with different notes.

Let's say I vibrate AAAAUUUUUMMMMM. It can be done in the notes of A,B,C C# (C sharp) etc, any note. Or multiple notes in the same repetition.

So that means each mantra should have a more correct/optimal pitch associated with it right? Because by changing the pitch we are essentially changing the vibration (it's frequency etc).

Yes, one thing about AUM, did read some did vibrate the A into hearth chakra, U into solar and M into 6 chakra.

Fuchs said:
Yes, one thing about AUM, did read some did vibrate the A into hearth chakra, U into solar and M into 6 chakra.

The AUM was just an example and am not talking about AUM in particular. I'm also not talking about vibrating the mantras in specific chakras. I'm talking about the pitch to use when chanting the mantras. As in the musical note corresponding to the mantras because the vibrations will technically be different for different notes we chant the same mantra in.

स त न म said:
Fuchs said:

The AUM was just an example and am not talking about AUM in particular. I'm also not talking about vibrating the mantras in specific chakras. I'm talking about the pitch to use when chanting the mantras. As in the musical note corresponding to the mantras because the vibrations will technically be different for different notes we chant the same mantra in.

I think there are 3 points one can consider, about vibrating a mantra/rune:

1. How you chant it/ vibrate it/ emphasis it. (The reason you did this post)
2. Your fokus while chanting= chakras or aura etc,...
3. What you imagine while chanting = color, runeshapes into aura chakras,...

If you for example vibrate AUM and you do vibrate/emphasis/pitch A longer then U or M then you will get a different effect then vibrating them all the same. Which effect you get, I can´t answer you probably could may find a answer by learning reading into sanskrit.

Woden said:
Try to remember that all chakras vibrate at different LEVELS AND FREQUENCIES and are all interdependent on each other.

This is exactly what I'm talking about what I'm talking about. Means the frequency of the vibration plays a role.

For example I found Sa Ta Na Ma linked to specific pitches (don't know the authenticity of this)

Ignore the tempo marking but there's a specific frequency for Sa Ta Na Ma apparently (as I said i don't know if this exact tone for each syllable is true but something like this makes sense).

Incase you can't read music:
Sa = A
Ta = G
Na = F
Ma = G

स त न म said:
Woden said:
Try to remember that all chakras vibrate at different LEVELS AND FREQUENCIES and are all interdependent on each other.

This is exactly what I'm talking about what I'm talking about. Means the frequency of the vibration plays a role.

For example I found Sa Ta Na Ma linked to specific pitches (don't know the authenticity of this)

Ignore the tempo marking but there's a specific frequency for Sa Ta Na Ma apparently (as I said i don't know if this exact tone for each syllable is true but something like this makes sense).

Incase you can't read music:
Sa = A
Ta = G
Na = F
Ma = G

Don´t think so Sa Ta Na Ma should be balanced, this means you do them all the same, atleast I did it in this way, all the time feals right.

Fuchs said:
Don´t think so Sa Ta Na Ma should be balanced, this means you do them all the same, atleast I did it in this way, all the time feals right.

I see. I still think it's possible to tune the mantras with the correct pitch. If I find anything on this I will post.

Fuchs said:
स त न म said:

Not sure where you read this. Last time I read suggestions on where to vibrate these letters (From the clergy), it was A in the solar, U in the throat and M in the sixth. The energy is supposed to ascend only, not to go down then up. VU VA VO is solar, middle, sixth.

I personally changed how I chant AUM a few months ago, and now I do A in the solar plexus, U in the sixth and M in the crown. This is because Sun and Moon form the AU pair, and the M related to the crown chakra.

Finally, a reminder that there is no heart chakra. The spiritual heart is no chakra but the pineal gland.

~~~~~~

स त न म said:
Fuchs said:

I see. I still think it's possible to tune the mantras with the correct pitch. If I find anything on this I will post.

There is. This has already been talked about, in a way. When you first start using mantra, which is with the meditations to open the soul, Lady Maxine tells you to tune the mantra to your chakra so that you can feel the vibration in it. This how you do mantra. You need to tune it specifically to feel the vibration in the specific part. Otherwise, you're doing little and losing most of the power.

Thing is, there is no specific pitch or frequency that is universally true for everyone, as we are all at different stages of advancement. Each of our chakra and other parts of the soul will have their own specific pitch, varying from individual to individual. It is not only affected by your level of growth, but also by your mood and other factors, endogenous and exogenous.

Stormblood said:
There is. This has already been talked about, in a way. When you first start using mantra, which is with the meditations to open the soul, Lady Maxine tells you to tune the mantra to your chakra so that you can feel the vibration in it. This how you do mantra. You need to tune it specifically to feel the vibration in the specific part. Otherwise, you're doing little and losing most of the power.

Thing is, there is no specific pitch or frequency that is universally true for everyone, as we are all at different stages of advancement. Each of our chakra and other parts of the soul will have their own specific pitch, varying from individual to individual. It is not only affected by your level of growth, but also by your mood and other factors, endogenous and exogenous.

Thanks for the reply. Yea makes sense. I guess the ideal way would be to literally tune into the frequencies of your individual soul and chakras. Kinda advanced tho. I guess I'll stick to vibrating the mantras so they are vibrating in the correct chakra. Maybe as I advance I'll be able to peek into the specific frequencies of my soul and chakras.

Stormblood said:
Fuchs said:
स त न म said:

Not sure where you read this. Last time I read suggestions on where to vibrate these letters (From the clergy), it was A in the solar, U in the throat and M in the sixth. The energy is supposed to ascend only, not to go down then up. VU VA VO is solar, middle, sixth.

I personally changed how I chant AUM a few months ago, and now I do A in the solar plexus, U in the sixth and M in the crown. This is because Sun and Moon form the AU pair, and the M related to the crown chakra.

Finally, a reminder that there is no heart chakra. The spiritual heart is no chakra but the pineal gland.

~~~~~~

स त न म said:
Fuchs said:

Thanks for your info Stormblood, wasn´t there a connection between the 6, 4, 3 chakra?
That was the reason as far as I remember, why they were suggested for AUM.

Your suggestion seems logic:
"I personally changed how I chant AUM a few months ago, and now I do A in the solar plexus, U in the sixth and M in the crown. This is because Sun and Moon form the AU pair, and the M related to the crown chakra."

But are you sure Sa Ta Na Ma is not best done vibrated /pitched all the same?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back