Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Autumn Equinox 2024

HPS Lydia

High Priestess
Happy Mabon everyone! (Happy Spring Equinox for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere.) :)

[Check our SS Calendar of your location to see when this begins, Sun will enter 0 degrees of Libra.]

mabon.jpg

Mabon, Autumn Equinox. This is a time of balance, welcoming the coming darkness, and preparing for the increased inner-reflection that comes with Autumn. Before electricity we lit our homes with candles as the evenings began earlier in the day, which naturally increased quiet solitude and contemplation. Re-evaluating your life and goals can be done at this time, and consider making adjustments in preparation for a more successful following year.

From JoS:
“The equinoxes are good times to begin things. Rituals for putting things into action.” Even though the Moon is waning, you can begin a new project on this date, and set your intention to work on it through the autumn and winter.

This is the second harvest festival of the year. Celebrations include feasts involving seasonal foods such as apples, squash, and other earthy vegetables, nuts and seeds, mushrooms, and wild meats (venison, boar) and stews. Symbols associated are acorns, stag, baskets, scarecrows, sickles and scythes.

You can visit local farmer’s markets, get some apple pie and pumpkin juice/latte, make a stew, and go for a walk in nature and observe the changing color of the trees.

A traditional way of celebration was to honor Gods and Goddesses associated with the harvest. We have Furfur’s ritual, you can do this unless another ritual schedule is posted for tomorrow.

For anyone who has not gotten into the habit of pranayama (breathing exercises), this is a good time to begin the alternate nostril breathing, as it helps to balance the soul and the hemispheres of the mind. When the right nostril is more open, the left brain hemisphere is dominant; when the left nostril is more open, the right brain hemisphere is dominant. If you ever find yourself over-logical and unable to connect to your intuition or creative side; or, if you are overly-daydreaming and having difficulty using the left brain functions, you can do some rounds of alternate nostril breathing to obtain balance. You can then follow it with prayer mudra, as this sends energy from the right hand to the left hand and forming a circuit, to the left shoulder, to the right shoulder, and through the hands again.

Alternate nostril breathing balances the nadis, the ida and pingala, and allows for the brain to balance so both hemispheres are equally functioning at all times. After some time of practice, you will find that at any given moment, both nostrils will always be in equal balance.

Happy Mabon!

We are starting a beautiful season. It's time to rest from the hot summer, gather strength for the coming months. Dear HPS Lydia, thank you for this wonderful post. I wish you all the best and our entire spiritual family. We will certainly all start a wonderful time in our lives.

I just asked "I wonder if there is anything to celebrate? I want to celebrate something." I was thinking (it may sound a little ridiculous but okay, that's the kind of person I am). It was good to see this article at just the right time. Thanks for This article, High Priestess Lydia.

I will do Furfur's ritual to celebrate mabon.
I hope this holiday brings us abundance, luck and happiness.

Happy Our Mabon, Satanic Family.

Thank you as always for these posts regarding astrology, its a very hard thing to keep on top of and having reminders/guides for use is really useful for people like me.

Also as a side, thanks to everyone who puts together the SS Calendars honestly its an invaluable tool for our community.

Happy Mabon everyone! (Happy Spring Equinox for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere.) :)

[Check our SS Calendar of your location to see when this begins, Sun will enter 0 degrees of Libra.]

View attachment 4090

Mabon, Autumn Equinox. This is a time of balance, welcoming the coming darkness, and preparing for the increased inner-reflection that comes with Autumn. Before electricity we lit our homes with candles as the evenings began earlier in the day, which naturally increased quiet solitude and contemplation. Re-evaluating your life and goals can be done at this time, and consider making adjustments in preparation for a more successful following year.

From JoS:
“The equinoxes are good times to begin things. Rituals for putting things into action.” Even though the Moon is waning, you can begin a new project on this date, and set your intention to work on it through the autumn and winter.

This is the second harvest festival of the year. Celebrations include feasts involving seasonal foods such as apples, squash, and other earthy vegetables, nuts and seeds, mushrooms, and wild meats (venison, boar) and stews. Symbols associated are acorns, stag, baskets, scarecrows, sickles and scythes.

You can visit local farmer’s markets, get some apple pie and pumpkin juice/latte, make a stew, and go for a walk in nature and observe the changing color of the trees.

A traditional way of celebration was to honor Gods and Goddesses associated with the harvest. We have Furfur’s ritual, you can do this unless another ritual schedule is posted for tomorrow.

For anyone who has not gotten into the habit of pranayama (breathing exercises), this is a good time to begin the alternate nostril breathing, as it helps to balance the soul and the hemispheres of the mind. When the right nostril is more open, the left brain hemisphere is dominant; when the left nostril is more open, the right brain hemisphere is dominant. If you ever find yourself over-logical and unable to connect to your intuition or creative side; or, if you are overly-daydreaming and having difficulty using the left brain functions, you can do some rounds of alternate nostril breathing to obtain balance. You can then follow it with prayer mudra, as this sends energy from the right hand to the left hand and forming a circuit, to the left shoulder, to the right shoulder, and through the hands again.

Alternate nostril breathing balances the nadis, the ida and pingala, and allows for the brain to balance so both hemispheres are equally functioning at all times. After some time of practice, you will find that at any given moment, both nostrils will always be in equal balance.

Happy Mabon!
Happy mabon everyone

View attachment 4090

From JoS:

Happy Mabon!
Happy Mabon everyone
May it Be a Blessing
Hail Satan!

Happy Mabon, to all our Northern Hemisphere brothers and sisters, and Happy Ostara, from myself down in the Southern. I've always been a little envious of how beautiful the Autumn looks in parts of the US and Europe I have to admit, so to those surrounded by trees that show the full range of autumnal colors, please do enjoy. And thank you to HPS Lydia for always acknowledging our holidays and offering such helpful advice.

Happy Mabon, my dear spiritual family!
Any ideas for some meals or things to do to celebrate?

This particular harvest time of the year is associated with apples, I believe? I think a Mabon favourite would certainly be something like a cinnamon apple pie, if it's within your means. And as simple as a "celebration" as it sounds, perhaps consider a nature walk? If there are ever times to reconnect with the natural world, it's certainly these ones.

View attachment 4090

From JoS:

Happy Mabon!
Thank you HPS Lydia for such a clear explanation

I started a sun square on this day
Sun is in detriment, and it clearly states on the page to never start it when it is in detriment/fall signs.

Yes I know, I started when it was in Virgo
This post is about Autumn Equinox, which is when Sun enters Libra. So you either did not start the square during Autumn Equinox, or you started it when it was in Libra, not Virgo. It can't be both.

i've been checking the forum everyday for near two weeks looking for an article for this time of year and i thought it wasn't going to be made. I'm glad someone made a comment on it or else i may not have seen it highlighted.- i look in the top important post section. Thank you HP Lydia for making this article. I find it interesting that even after the inital date itself of the equinox the time between sunset and sunrise still shrinks for several more days- weather channel app info. in my part of the world there was only three minuets difference between the two times yesterday thought the equinox happened last week. It's something i found interesting is all.
Happy fall everyone or spring for those in the southern hemisphere!

Hail Father Satan

I find it interesting that even after the inital date itself of the equinox the time between sunset and sunrise still shrinks for several more days- weather channel app info. in my part of the world there was only three minuets difference between the two times yesterday thought the equinox happened last week. It's something i found interesting is all.
The fall equinox is when the day and night are equal in length, but there is still time for the night to grow. However, much of this depends on the location. Around the latitude where I live, day and night can grow and shrink up to 3 or 4 minutes every day up until the summer and winter solstices when the day or night can be as long as ~18 hours. 12-24 hour drive up north and we have endless days and nights for certain periods...

The fall equinox is when the day and night are equal in length, but there is still time for the night to grow. However, much of this depends on the location. Around the latitude where I live, day and night can grow and shrink up to 3 or 4 minutes every day up until the summer and winter solstices when the day or night can be as long as ~18 hours. 12-24 hour drive up north and we have endless days and nights for certain periods...
here the equinox was supoose to be about the 21 or 22 but there was still somewhere around 2 or more houres before the day and night were equal and the gap kept closing after those days till almost a week later when there was finally about 3 minuets between the two times. so wouldn't that have been the real equinox? or is it dependant on something else? i'm no astrologer and tend to have trouble remembering most of the holiday calender dates.. is the equinox more of a combo of things?

Hail Father Satan

Yeah I was wrong, I already give up on the idea, for everyone to know I was starting to get really sick, a problem in the tooth, the stomach also I don't know what happened, it's for everyone judgment if this is a coincidence or the square started on libra

Often, such as in these days, I get my left nostril shut by congestion. What kind of imbalance can this create? Which hemisphere suffers from it? The left one directly, or the right one inversely?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back