Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

#272 What should I do about hunting, and the ethics of treating wild animals?

AskSatanOperator

Hello brothers and sisters! There is a question that I have always wondered about. Does hunting conform to the morality of Satanists? If you are not hungry, not for money, and the wild animals do not pose a threat, is hunting moral?There is a wild mountain around my home, and it is not a nature reserve. Because there are few people, there are some wild boars and wild dogs in it. There is no law to protect them. Is it ethical for me to hunt these creatures? How will we treat wild animals? (Not domestic animals)

Hello brothers and sisters! There is a question that I have always wondered about. Does hunting conform to the morality of Satanists? If you are not hungry, not for money, and the wild animals do not pose a threat, is hunting moral?There is a wild mountain around my home, and it is not a nature reserve. Because there are few people, there are some wild boars and wild dogs in it. There is no law to protect them. Is it ethical for me to hunt these creatures? How will we treat wild animals? (Not domestic animals)
If you won't going to eat it or use it for anything, hunting an animal is useless. There is no "hunting for fun" in nature. If you gonna use its fur or meat etc you can and should hunt animals but hunting animals just for "fun" is useless and not moral.

If you don't need to feed or they aren't attacking you, there's no point in bothering them. Animals are sacred in Satanism.

If your goal is to just hunt them for sport and games, then it is unethical, cruel and makes the animal die for nothing.

If you kill it, use it wisely. Meat for eating, fat for candles or something, fur for furcoats or something, so on, so forth.

If you won't going to eat it or use it for anything, hunting an animal is useless. There is no "hunting for fun" in nature. If you gonna use its fur or meat etc you can and should hunt animals but hunting animals just for "fun" is useless and not moral.
I think Heinrich Himmler in 3rd Reich was against hunting, for those reasons. I cannot find it now but HPs Maxine Dietrich wrote that in a Sermon or book on Nazism. This is also on Wikipedia

PS : Wikipedia is full of jewed informations. Nazi officials were not cruel or hunting as a passion, this is false. But among bullshits, it admits "Several Nazis were environmentalists, and species protection and animal welfare were significant issues in the Nazi regime.[3] Heinrich Himmler made an effort to ban the hunting of animals"

If your goal is to just hunt them for sport and games, then it is unethical, cruel and makes the animal die for nothing.

If you kill it, use it wisely. Meat for eating, fat for candles or something, fur for furcoats or something, so on, so forth.
When there are too many predators in an area it is a good thing to hunt them down so that they cause fewer problems. Bears, for example, can dumpster dive. Wolves too can come in close contact with humans and cause harm. In a better world this would be handled differently, but for the time being this is the way to go.

Ethically speaking, it's a very very very tricky subject for me. Even if you ate the animals you hunted, it's not like you needed the meat of wild animals specifically, as you could just buy the meat of animals that are already going to die as they're farmed for it. I have no idea. I literally do not know what to think. The only thing I know for sure is that there are some animals who can get invasive and then to hunt them can be good to keep the balance. I've heard often about an overpopulation of boars in my country.

Hunting is not forbidden in Satanism.

Alot of species are overpopulated and dangerous or even invasive species that disrupt the ecosystem, so hunting is necessary and helps to control the population. Wild boars and deer are common examples.

Recreational hunting is fine, but it is ideal to use what you kill so that the animal doesn't die in vain, and to study best practices for killing the animal humanely so as to minimize suffering. Killing an animal for the sake of killing is unethical and so is injuring it without killing it.

When there are too many predators in an area it is a good thing to hunt them down so that they cause fewer problems. Bears, for example, can dumpster dive. Wolves too can come in close contact with humans and cause harm. In a better world this would be handled differently, but for the time being this is the way to go.
That's understandable, but I meant for like deers or something. Some people poach them and kill of mothers that have small fawns. That's not something good.

I think hunting is fine, but so long as it's justified, necessary and humane.

For example: hunting for meat, pest/population control, etc.

Don't be like that guy I saw on YouTube hunting squirrels with a crossbow... If you hunt, make sure it's as quick and painless as possible.

I hunt deer, squirrels, and rabbits for food. I also fish and eat them.
If you simply kill and leave the animal to rot, I think it's unethical and Satan frowns upon it.
If you love, appreciate, and utilize the animal that sustains you, then I think it is acceptable.
Varmints and dangerous predators need to be culled if they overpopulate and threaten livestock and pets in my opinion.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back