Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

barry1

ok so ive heard alot about 2012 but dose anyone reay know whats going to happen if anyhting... or dose some have a theroy or somthing? thanks for reading and plese reply
Hail father Satan!

For the 1000th time, the 2012 apocalypse predictions are a fraud! You have no idea how many times that very same question has been asked! The only thing that will really happen for sure is that the Age of Aquarius, the Age of Satan, will come. I can hardly wait until that happens! It imagine it will be quite grand!

Are we going to keep being asked this question till 2012 passes!? It's one thing for the same question to be asked a few times but this is kind of ridiculous! By the way, I'm not trying to give you a hard time buddy. It's just that I'm sure this question is driving people a little nuts.

<td val[/IMG]Nothing is going to happen in 2012, except that the US of A will probably throw Obama out and someone else will come along! Perhaps even Sarah (Gun Sarah lol)! Stop fretting about 2012, it's just another year and probably a very good one for Champagne and Red Wine!

--- On Sat, 9/26/09, barry <barry_kidwell@... wrote:
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] 2012
To: [email protected]
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 8:12 PM

ok so ive heard alot about 2012 but dose anyone reay know whats going to happen if anyhting... or dose some have a theroy or somthing? thanks for reading and plese reply
Hail father Satan!
[/TD]

<td val[/IMG]And we drink Champagn and Red Wine! A Satanisr fears NOTHING and NO ONE so enjoy that year when ot comes and celebrate with...... HAIL SATAN ...he's got great wines in his cellar! L!

--- On Sun, 9/27/09, Darrion <darriondivon@... wrote:
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: 2012
Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 1:40 AM

2012 is the year humanity is going to wake up from all xian lies.that mean xian die humans get great revenge .
[/TD]

<td val[/IMG]Relax, let'em fret, if they're afraid, they're not real Satanists but we, will drink Chamapgn and red wine just for the fun of it lol! OK, He's right, let's move on and Forget 2012 apart from the fact that it's an election year and that's true for a number of countries but America will have a chance to get things together again by voting for the right person this time; THEN WE'LL DRINK CHAMPAGN AND RED WINE ! L!

--- On Sun, 9/27/09, DerekD <derekthehellviking@... wrote:
Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 3:18 AM

For the 1000th time, the 2012 apocalypse predictions are a fraud! You have no idea how many times that very same question has been asked! The only thing that will really happen for sure is that the Age of Aquarius, the Age of Satan, will come. I can hardly wait until that happens! It imagine it will be quite grand!

Are we going to keep being asked this question till 2012 passes!? It's one thing for the same question to be asked a few times but this is kind of ridiculous! By the way, I'm not trying to give you a hard time buddy. It's just that I'm sure this question is driving people a little nuts.
[/TD]

2012.... Father satan told maxine it was going to be like the y2k. does anyone remember that?'

Hail Satan!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Loki Asgard <loki_asgard_666@... wrote:

Nothing is going to happen in 2012, except that the US of A will probably throw Obama out and someone else will come along! Perhaps even Sarah (Gun Sarah lol)!
Stop fretting about 2012, it's just another year and probably a very good one for Champagne and Red Wine!

To: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Hail father Satan!

If Sarah Palin is ellected president, I'm going to seriously look into Canadian citizenship.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Loki Asgard <loki_asgard_666@... wrote:

Nothing is going to happen in 2012, except that the US of A will probably throw Obama out and someone else will come along! Perhaps even Sarah (Gun Sarah lol)!
Stop fretting about 2012, it's just another year and probably a very good one for Champagne and Red Wine!

Hail father Satan!

actually, no. the new age will come in 2150. ever age lasts 2150 years. the current age began 2009 years ago. which means the age will
shift in 141 years from now.
Hail Satan!

----------
Sent from AT&T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

------Original Message------
To: <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Date: Sun, Sep 27, 2009 03:18 AM

it is stated in the root of satanism on the jos website that 23012 in when humanity will wake up.i high priestess maxine has stated this in her sermons.she boldy said "we believe that 2012 may be the year when gentiles as awhole wake up to the jewish spell and hoax of christianity."

Honestli I didn't believe in y2k and I don't believe in this but yes the stupidity will be about the same. The deal is supposedly that the mayan calendar ends on dec 21, 2012 and after that well who knows wats going to happen ... uh december 22 then SINOMAS in mi opinion. But itz stupid. People like mel gibson montel williams and the smashing pumpkins believe in the 2012 junk. Check it out for yourself and get some water purication tablets as well ... too funny.
http://www.december212012.com/

HAIL SATAN
TRACE WESTIN

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Reliant" <darkfury211@... wrote:

2012.... Father satan told maxine it was going to be like the y2k. does anyone remember that?'

Hail Satan!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Loki Asgard <loki_asgard_666@ wrote:

--- On Sat, 9/26/09, barry <barry_kidwell@ wrote:

Hail father Satan!

I'm not naive enough to believe that this will actually put the brakes on 2012 posts, but all that year represents is the end of an "age" in Maya/Aztec cosmology. (If it also marks the time when judeo-xtianity finally gets its well-deserved comeuppance, so much the better! It's about time. If it was up to me I would have gotten out the fly swatter ages ago!--LOL)

Anyway, the Mesoamericans divided time into certain "ages" or as they called them, "suns". 2012 marks the end of the "Fifth Sun". One can only speculate, but it's possible that the calendar would have been revised to include the coming "Sixth Sun", if it did not already. Remember that although it is the most accurate calendar system devised, no one has yet learned to thoroughly and completely read one of these things, claims to the contrary not withstanding, in the light of Mayan cosmology.

Relax, let'em fret, if they're afraid, they're not real Satanists but we, will drink Chamapgn and red wine just for the fun of it lol!
OK, He's right, let's move on and Forget 2012 apart from the fact that it's an election year and that's true for a number of countries but America will have a chance to get things together again by voting for the right person this time;
THEN WE'LL DRINK CHAMPAGN AND RED WINE !
L!

--- On Sun, 9/27/09, DerekD <derekthehellviking@... wrote:

Once again, I hit "send" too soon ...

Don't forget these people's culture was forcibly destroyed by xtian invaders. Many parts are "missing". Diego de Landa, for instance, purposely set about destroying Mayan culture and publicly burned untold thousands of codices of their history, cosmology, etc. and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Had they not been destroyed by the xtian fervor of the conquistadors (who brought the Inquisition with them to the so-called "New World"--gold and god), who knows what might have happened ... They were great civilizations, but they fell to invading conquerors who might as well have been from a different planet, so alien were the cultures from each other. The world of the Aztecs effectively ended in 1521; the Mayan a few years later. Only comparatively lately have these peoples been able to reclaim a small portion of their once grand culture (although there were always a precious few who did so, right from the outset, on pain of horrible death.)

What I'm saying is that had the conquest not taken place, this 2012 fuss may not have occurred either. But when learning stops (as it does when xtianity flourishes anywhere) decay is inevitable and what remains of the vanquished culture and its people is often given meanings other than what would have been the case had the invasions not happened. Again, about such things we can only speculate but it does provide some food for thought.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@... wrote:

I'm not naive enough to believe that this will actually put the brakes on 2012 posts, but all that year represents is the end of an "age" in Maya/Aztec cosmology. (If it also marks the time when judeo-xtianity finally gets its well-deserved comeuppance, so much the better! It's about time. If it was up to me I would have gotten out the fly swatter ages ago!--LOL)

Anyway, the Mesoamericans divided time into certain "ages" or as they called them, "suns". 2012 marks the end of the "Fifth Sun". One can only speculate, but it's possible that the calendar would have been revised to include the coming "Sixth Sun", if it did not already. Remember that although it is the most accurate calendar system devised, no one has yet learned to thoroughly and completely read one of these things, claims to the contrary not withstanding, in the light of Mayan cosmology.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Loki Asgard <loki_asgard_666@ wrote:

Relax, let'em fret, if they're afraid, they're not real Satanists but we, will drink Chamapgn and red wine just for the fun of it lol!
OK, He's right, let's move on and Forget 2012 apart from the fact that it's an election year and that's true for a number of countries but America will have a chance to get things together again by voting for the right person this time;
THEN WE'LL DRINK CHAMPAGN AND RED WINE !
L!

--- On Sun, 9/27/09, DerekD <derekthehellviking@ wrote:

I checked out what you said and it looks like you're right. Maxine said somewhere on the Joy of Satan site that the Age of Aquarius will come in the middle of the next century. Thanks for correcting me! I was apparently mistaken.

I was just thinking to myself how crazy, in an awesome way of course, it would be if I actually manage to live long enough to see the Age of Aquarius come about. A young man like me would be about 161 or 162 years old by the time the next age came about! Definitely nothing compared to the demons but it would still be considered impressive by our current society's standards. Although, wouldn't people find it quite strange that a guy over 130 years old or whatever was walking around and didn't seem old in the slightest? I'm kind of curious what the societal reaction would be to someone living to such an extreme age with no physical signs of aging.

I'm pretty glad I found Joy of Satan at a considerably youthful age. I was 20 when I first discovered the website. I should have plenty of time to spiritually perfect myself and reach godhead. Especially considering how longevity is known to have run through my family's ancestry. I've had many ancestors who lived into their 80s back when medicine was nothing compared to our modern care! Hopefully, it won't take me that long though. Although, if I understand right, getting up to that level of spiritual advancement isn't very easy.

You are right! The Path of the Gods (as some refer to the Magnum Opus) is long and difficult, and sometimes discouraging, but definitely doable! As for how many actual years it takes to complete, that would depend on the individual; but it is interesting to watch it unfold, even in the beginning stages where we presently are.

(So often we see posts on this forum that go, in effect: "I've been doing the Magnum Opus meditations for X months now [usually 2 to 6]. When is Maxine going to put the second part on the site?" But what is already on the site, what I refer to as the beginning or intro stage, is ample to keep one very, very busy for the next two to three years. This is a process that requires discipline, a lot of it, and cannot be rushed. We don't just wake up six months from now, step out of the shower, look in the mirror and say, "Hey! It's done!" On the contrary: sometimes there will be small 'quantum leaps' so to speak, at others one will notice small signs of progress, and most of the time, see "no" change. That 'no change' phase however is not actually a period of stagnation. The change starts, basically, on the inside. And some people forget, at least temporarily, that it is accompanied by corresponding spiritual advancement as well.)

One can only speculate on the social reaction in the world at large. One can imagine our pensions will cause some awkward glitches: who is going to believe one is 150 years old or more yet look 25, 35, or 40? But remember that as we progress in the Magnum Opus, our spiritual power increases as well; we will have the power and abilities to deal with whatever 'situations' arise. Also, remember that the world and its social systems will not be as they are now. We are coming into Satan's Age.

Working very closely with one's guardian demon is vital, not only in the Magnum Opus itself, but because of the guidance they can provide that is specifically geared to the unique situation of each of us, our present circumstances, AND the unfolding of our own soul's destiny. The possibilities are endless and we should remain open, even though we can't see those possibilities at this particular juncture.

(I've been mulling over the idea of starting a group, restricted to those who are dong the Magnum Opus and those who are sincerely interested in starting it, so we can 'compare notes', encourage each other, etc., but haven't decided yet whether this would be helpful. Running such a forum takes a lot of time and energy especially as I don't want it to just overlap the existing JoS groups; no need to re-invent the wheel.)

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "DerekD" <derekthehellviking@... wrote:
. . .
I was just thinking to myself how crazy, in an awesome way of course, it would be if I actually manage to live long enough to see the Age of Aquarius come about. A young man like me would be about 161 or 162 years old by the time the next age came about! Definitely nothing compared to the demons but it would still be considered impressive by our current society's standards. Although, wouldn't people find it quite strange that a guy over 130 years old or whatever was walking around and didn't seem old in the slightest? I'm kind of curious what the societal reaction would be to someone living to such an extreme age with no physical signs of aging.

I'm pretty glad I found Joy of Satan at a considerably youthful age. I was 20 when I first discovered the website. I should have plenty of time to spiritually perfect myself and reach godhead. Especially considering how longevity is known to have run through my family's ancestry. I've had many ancestors who lived into their 80s back when medicine was nothing compared to our modern care! Hopefully, it won't take me that long though. Although, if I understand right, getting up to that level of spiritual advancement isn't very easy.

Everything is easy, unless you decide to make it hard.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@... wrote:

You are right! The Path of the Gods (as some refer to the Magnum Opus) is long and difficult, and sometimes discouraging, but definitely doable! As for how many actual years it takes to complete, that would depend on the individual; but it is interesting to watch it unfold, even in the beginning stages where we presently are.

(So often we see posts on this forum that go, in effect: "I've been doing the Magnum Opus meditations for X months now [usually 2 to 6]. When is Maxine going to put the second part on the site?" But what is already on the site, what I refer to as the beginning or intro stage, is ample to keep one very, very busy for the next two to three years. This is a process that requires discipline, a lot of it, and cannot be rushed. We don't just wake up six months from now, step out of the shower, look in the mirror and say, "Hey! It's done!" On the contrary: sometimes there will be small 'quantum leaps' so to speak, at others one will notice small signs of progress, and most of the time, see "no" change. That 'no change' phase however is not actually a period of stagnation. The change starts, basically, on the inside. And some people forget, at least temporarily, that it is accompanied by corresponding spiritual advancement as well.)

One can only speculate on the social reaction in the world at large. One can imagine our pensions will cause some awkward glitches: who is going to believe one is 150 years old or more yet look 25, 35, or 40? But remember that as we progress in the Magnum Opus, our spiritual power increases as well; we will have the power and abilities to deal with whatever 'situations' arise. Also, remember that the world and its social systems will not be as they are now. We are coming into Satan's Age.

Working very closely with one's guardian demon is vital, not only in the Magnum Opus itself, but because of the guidance they can provide that is specifically geared to the unique situation of each of us, our present circumstances, AND the unfolding of our own soul's destiny. The possibilities are endless and we should remain open, even though we can't see those possibilities at this particular juncture.

(I've been mulling over the idea of starting a group, restricted to those who are dong the Magnum Opus and those who are sincerely interested in starting it, so we can 'compare notes', encourage each other, etc., but haven't decided yet whether this would be helpful. Running such a forum takes a lot of time and energy especially as I don't want it to just overlap the existing JoS groups; no need to re-invent the wheel.)

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "DerekD" <derekthehellviking@ wrote:
. . .

Not quite true. Let me elaborate: "hard" does not necessarily mean the painful, often unproductive striving and straining that one so often endures merely to survive under this system. Satanism itself is not an "easy" path. Effort is always required and for those who must learn self-discipline and come to an understanding that results are not instant ("I wanted it yesterday!") it is hard. Discouragement can set in at times, especially during such a period where one is re-engineering the way they have always done things. If one subscribes to the idea that 'everything is easy' they will miss the point, i.e., that effort and discipline are required if one is to make progress and will drop out at the first obstacle (real or imagined). Effort is also not easy for the naturally lazy; it will take time to replace the negative habit of laziness with one of discipline and concentration, not easy by any means.

I agree that often we make things harder than they need to be and it's a good idea to be on the lookout for times when we may be doing exactly that. But I've never believed in the proverbial rose-colored glasses: they distort too much and then lead to unhappy surprises.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "mageson6666" <mageson6666@... wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@ wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "DerekD" <derekthehellviking@ wrote:
. . .

Yeah it is awesome,I have been meditating for some time now aprox 4years.I also started the magnum Opus meditations not so long ago.

I have noticed that my immune system is alot stronger I rarely get sick.Actually I didnt get the flu/cold for about almost 2years.
Even when people around me get sick and need to stay in bed,I don't catch the disease myself.

HAIL SATAN !

. . .

<td val[/IMG]"(I've been mulling over the idea of starting a group, restricted to those who are dong the Magnum Opus and those who are sincerely interested in starting it, so we can 'compare notes', encourage each other, etc., but haven't decided yet whether this would be helpful."

If you decide to do this, then count me in.  Please note my email address and put Magnum Opus in the subject line.  I can see this as a good idea.

--- On Thu, 10/1/09, mageson6666 <mageson6666@... wrote:
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: Physical & Spiritual Perfection (Was: 2012)
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 1:30 PM

--- [/IMG]JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@ ... wrote:

--- [/IMG]JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "DerekD" <derekthehellviking @ wrote:
. . .

[/TD]

It is very easy our words form associations in our mind they generate images and emotions, keep mentioning techinques that require simply being able to relax yourself first and being mind in matter, as hard and difficult to people and it generates the feeling of tension and hesitation towards doing them which causes just that when they do them to happen, and is likey to cause more frustation. Which causes them to connect stress to doing power meditation. Making them hard and difficult. When they are quite easy just relax and be present within yourself.

Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:45:08 PM

Not quite true. Let me elaborate: "hard" does not necessarily mean the painful, often unproductive striving and straining that one so often endures merely to survive under this system. Satanism itself is not an "easy" path. Effort is always required and for those who must learn self-discipline and come to an understanding that results are not instant ("I wanted it yesterday!") it is hard. Discouragement can set in at times, especially during such a period where one is re-engineering the way they have always done things. If one subscribes to the idea that 'everything is easy' they will miss the point, i.e., that effort and discipline are required if one is to make progress and will drop out at the first obstacle (real or imagined). Effort is also not easy for the naturally lazy; it will take time to replace the negative habit of laziness with one of discipline and concentration, not easy by any means.

I agree that often we make things harder than they need to be and it's a good idea to be on the lookout for times when we may be doing exactly that. But I've never believed in the proverbial rose-colored glasses: they distort too much and then lead to unhappy surprises.

--- In JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "mageson6666" <mageson6666@ ... wrote:

--- In JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@ wrote:

--- In JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "DerekD" <derekthehellviking @ wrote:
. . .

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

You definitely have a point.

Words mean different things to different people. I personally don't like being told something will be "easy" when it will, in reality, require a lot of effort and discipline. I'm big on 'tell it like it is.'

For example, I'm an equestrian (dressage and doma vaquera), which requires a great deal of effort and discipline. My first instructor showed his worthlessness when he told me in so many words, "It's easy. I can teach you in three days." It was never 'easy' and certainly took a lot longer than three days. (I'm reasonably good but I'll never be going to the Olympics. LOL). Anything to do with horses is a field where the concept of lifetime learning totally applies.

Not to suggest that the Magnum Opus is akin to riding a horse, except for the discipline and effort required, perhaps, and that spirituality also requires 'lifelong learning' but I (again personally) have found that when I have been misled about either the difficulty or the ease of a certain thing, I have been disappointed and felt that somewhere along the line I did not acquire the accurate information I needed (whether through my own oversight/omission or someone else's) and therefore something was missing.

I certainly don't intend to put people off from commencing or continuing with the Magnum Opus; just to not give anyone the impression that it will be a walk in the park or a visit to a spiritual Disneyland. Satanism -- all of it -- requires work and concentrated effort.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Don Danko <mageson6666@... wrote:

It is very easy our words form associations in our mind they generate images and emotions, keep mentioning techinques that require simply being able to relax yourself first and being mind in matter, as hard and difficult to people and it generates the feeling of tension and hesitation towards doing them which causes just that when they do them to happen, and is likey to cause more frustation. Which causes them to connect stress to doing power meditation. Making them hard and difficult. When they are quite easy just relax and be present within yourself.

--- In JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@ wrote:

. . .

We agree on the need for motivation and dedication you have to love this road to be on it.

The daily drip hollows the stone, I view the subject as daily dedication in action, births perfection and mastery as night follows the day.

Desire is the master key it all flows from that. Effort and discipline spring from it naturally.

Meditation requires a relaxed and patient approach. But motivation(desire) has to exist as the premise first. I approach it as this I tell people power meditation will give them everything they ever wanted in time done daily. And it only adds to their lives in a positive way.

Note I never stated " in three easy days."

The daily drip hollows the stone.

I believe on the other hand if instead I told them it will be hard, require they make major changes and require massive effort and take a very long time for anything to happen. I will turn them off from it.

People have a general psychology like that hence the total failure of all dieting. People instictly seek to gain pleasure and avoid pain.

Your right in your points, but I disagree with the method of the message.

You definitely have a point.

Words mean different things to different people. I personally don't like being told something will be "easy" when it will, in reality, require a lot of effort and discipline. I'm big on 'tell it like it is.'

For example, I'm an equestrian (dressage and doma vaquera), which requires a great deal of effort and discipline. My first instructor showed his worthlessness when he told me in so many words, "It's easy. I can teach you in three days." It was never 'easy' and certainly took a lot longer than three days. (I'm reasonably good but I'll never be going to the Olympics. LOL). Anything to do with horses is a field where the concept of lifetime learning totally applies.

Not to suggest that the Magnum Opus is akin to riding a horse, except for the discipline and effort required, perhaps, and that spirituality also requires 'lifelong learning' but I (again personally) have found that when I have been misled about either the difficulty or the ease of a certain thing, I have been disappointed and felt that somewhere along the line I did not acquire the accurate information I needed (whether through my own oversight/omission or someone else's) and therefore something was missing.

I certainly don't intend to put people off from commencing or continuing with the Magnum Opus; just to not give anyone the impression that it will be a walk in the park or a visit to a spiritual Disneyland. Satanism -- all of it -- requires work and concentrated effort.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Don Danko <mageson6666@ wrote:

. . .

Guys i need help.......

I'm studying a degree course as my parents forced me to. My college starts from 8.00 AM morning and last up to 5.00 PM evening..After that, you know the usual we have to study hard. But the prob is i can't get enough time to do meditations and To make things worse i don't who is my guardian demon is?, using ouija board is restricted. so i'm really worried about me for not being prepared for Age of father satan.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ENKI

24 hours in a day, you can find half an hour to an hour even if done with several segments, meditate for 20mins to half an hour up awakening and before going to bed.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "chandan.isidore" <chandan.isidore@... wrote:

Guys i need help.......

I'm studying a degree course as my parents forced me to. My college starts from 8.00 AM morning and last up to 5.00 PM evening..After that, you know the usual we have to study hard. But the prob is i can't get enough time to do meditations and To make things worse i don't who is my guardian demon is?, using ouija board is restricted. so i'm really worried about me for not being prepared for Age of father satan.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ENKI

Don't worry. The Age of Satan is a long ways away. You have literally your whole life to prepare. If you want to meditate but are extremely busy, I think focusing completely on your work while you do it would probably be a valid meditation or even just listening with total attention to your teacher. It would probably be better than nothing. You would at least be training yourself for the mindset that normal void meditation requires.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "chandan.isidore" <chandan.isidore@... wrote:

Guys i need help.......

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ENKI

I know ur problem. I am in University too, and starting up my satanic gifts I used to watch a lot of TV, what I did was made time. Usually 10-30 minutes before I go to bed I meditate, having my rest even deeper and my third eye open to allow me to see things through dreams. Whenever you can get in time to meditate, maybe 10 minuutes between classes with an open eye meditation, every little bit counts.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 02/10/09 5:35 AM

Guys i need help.......

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ENKI

'Maya' is Sanskrit for 'illusion.' Satan himself confirmed to me that the year 2012 will be the end of illusion and lies, NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. Keep fighting, people! Do anything and everything you can [legally] to destroy the enemies of Satan!! Work relentlessly for Satan.

High Priestess Maxine Dietrich
http://www.joyofsatan.org

A member of the Mayan elders named Carlos Barrios wrote a book called "The book of Destiny" about 2012 and he states the same exact thing. Until reading this I had no idea that the Maya were still around. The book seems to be Satanically inspired.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@... wrote:

'Maya' is Sanskrit for 'illusion.' Satan himself confirmed to me that the year 2012 will be the end of illusion and lies, NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. Keep fighting, people! Do anything and everything you can [legally] to destroy the enemies of Satan!! Work relentlessly for Satan.

There are many Mayan people around. Most are in southern Mexico and Central America but due to immigration they can be found virtually everywhere, including in my small city. The same is true of the Aztecs, whom some ignoramuses will say, "they're an extinct tribe." They fail to realize that they comprise about six 'tribes' of the Nahua nation & there's many of them, too, in central Mexico, and also due to immigration, found everywhere else. I've known several, all immigrants in fact.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "HenryH" <astralnaut888@... wrote:

A member of the Mayan elders named Carlos Barrios wrote a book called "The book of Destiny" about 2012 and he states the same exact thing. Until reading this I had no idea that the Maya were still around. The book seems to be Satanically inspired.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@ wrote:

Acording to Mr.Barrios "the definition" period will start on September 23, 2010 which is when the cleansing is supposed to begin, and end on Dec. 20th, 2012. This doesn't begin all at once on the exact day of Dec. 21 of 2012, but will be gradual and very apparent in 2014. There are also a few major astrological aspects that will be affecting the US natal chart enormously around August of 2014 if I remember correctly.

There are many Mayan people around. Most are in southern Mexico and Central America but due to immigration they can be found virtually everywhere, including in my small city. The same is true of the Aztecs, whom some ignoramuses will say, "they're an extinct tribe." They fail to realize that they comprise about six 'tribes' of the Nahua nation & there's many of them, too, in central Mexico, and also due to immigration, found everywhere else. I've known several, all immigrants in fact.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "HenryH" <astralnaut888@ wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@ wrote:

Ok so i got convicend to try to post again about 2012 (hope this time the post will go on) Althought i won't say too much because i want the post to be posted...i mean i won't tell important details about me, place time and stuff like that.

What i can tell about 2012 is that 666 is there as we all know 666 means the time when Father shall rule again on Earth. 666 is quite near, if u start thinking u can almost understand that the time until that is so short.
Don't worry my brothers and sisters about 2012 for it is our year, our time. For all who believe in Father will be saved and protected althought i mostly sure that almost all dedicated will be taking part (i read some of ur experiences brothers and sisters) all i can say is that keep ur anger, keep ur wish to destroy the xians and filth like that until 666, for our revenge shall be immensly pleasureble we shall take part in the most important thing that happened for a long long time. As i know Father is preparing us, as are his demons... all we need to do for now is bide our time, wait and enjoy what the filth that surrounds us destroys itself at the point where they won't be able to realise that we will fuck them up so bad.
Lately i am starting to laugh just at the thought of the stupidity of christians and islams alike.
Oh when i mean keep ur anger and wish to destroy them i mean keep the wish to physiclly attack.
I REALLY hope this will get posted for i saw that there are a few of my brothers/sisters that wanted to know about 2012. I will try to say more if this gets posted. Vapula told me to post more but as i said since there are newcomers that still suffer from the shock of finding that their fucking religion fucked up their mind pretty bad before.
So if i say all i know would be even a more of a shock, why ? becaouse its sounds quite strange but familiar to some of us.
Anyways hope this gets posted and not banned :D
HAIL SATAN AND THE TRUE GODS

<td val[/IMG]Yes many would not believe certain things but 2012 is now just about 14 months away. And those kikes and right handed scums will get their arses handed to them on a silver platter. The time of Father Satans reign is near and victory will be his as it will be ours! Our children will not go through all the bullshit they put us through. 
Ave Satanas!  
--- On Wed, 10/6/10, andreth666 <andreth666@... wrote:
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 5:26 AM

Ok so i got convicend to try to post again about 2012 (hope this time the post will go on) Althought i won't say  too much because i want the post to be posted...i mean i won't tell important details about me, place time and stuff like that.

What i can tell about 2012 is that 666 is there as we all know 666 means the time when Father shall rule again on Earth. 666 is quite near, if u start thinking u can almost understand that the time until that is so short.
Don't worry my brothers and sisters about 2012 for it is our year, our time. For all who believe in Father will be saved and protected althought i mostly sure that almost all dedicated will be taking part (i read some of ur experiences brothers and sisters) all i can say is that keep ur anger, keep ur wish to destroy the xians and filth like that until 666, for our revenge shall be immensly pleasureble we shall take part in the most important thing that happened for a long long time. As i know Father is preparing us, as are his demons... all we need to do for now is bide our time, wait and enjoy what the filth that surrounds us destroys itself at the point where they won't be able to realise that we will fuck them up so bad.
Lately i am starting to laugh just at the thought of the stupidity of christians and islams alike.
Oh when i mean keep ur anger and wish to destroy them i mean keep the wish to physiclly attack.
I REALLY hope this will get posted for i saw that there are a few of my brothers/sisters that wanted to know about 2012. I will try to say more if this gets posted. Vapula told me to post more but as i said since there are newcomers that still suffer from the shock of finding that their fucking religion fucked up their mind pretty bad before.
So if i say all i know would be even a more of a shock, why ? becaouse its sounds quite strange but familiar to some of us.

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<* To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoyofSatan666/

<* Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<* To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoyofSatan666/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<* To change settings via email:
    <a rel="nofollow">[email protected]
    <a rel="nofollow" >[email protected]

<* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
[/TD]

does anyone know what will happen in 2012?

Sent: Fri, October 8, 2010 10:47:20 AM
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] 2012

<td vAl[/IMG]Yes many would not believe certain things but 2012 is now just about 14 months away. And those kikes and right handed scums will get their arses handed to them on a silver platter. The time of Father Satans reign is near and victory will be his as it will be ours! Our children will not go through all the bullshit they put us through. 
Ave Satanas!  
--- On Wed, 10/6/10, andreth666 <andreth666@... wrote:
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 5:26 AM

Ok so i got convicend to try to post again about 2012 (hope this time the post will go on) Althought i won't say  too much because i want the post to be posted...i mean i won't tell important details about me, place time and stuff like that.

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<* To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoyofSatan666/

<* Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<* To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoyofSatan666/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<* To change settings via email:

<* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
[/TD]

Abandon all your possessions and run for the hills: It has been foretold that the world is coming to an end sooner than you think, in the year 2012. It seems that you can't pick up any newspaper or magazine without reading that the apocalypse is almost upon us.

What really is going to happen in 2012? Asteroid 433 Eros is going to pass within 17 million miles of the Earth in January; the United States will hand over control of the Korean military back to the Koreans in April; there will be an annular solar eclipse in May and a solar transit of Venus in June; the Summer Olympics will take place in London; the Earth's population will officially pass 7 billion people in October; the United States will elect a new President in November; construction of the new Freedom Tower will be complete in New York City; the sun will flip its magnetic poles as it does at the end of every 11-year sunspot cycle; and, as I'm sure you've heard by now, the Mayan calendar completes its 5,125 year cycle, presumably portending the End of Days.

Mayans had three calendars. They had a solar calendar that was 365 days long, and a ceremonial calendar that was 260 days long. These two calendars would synchronize every 52 years. To measure longer time periods, they developed the "long count" calendar, which expressed dates as a series of five numbers, each less than twenty; something like the way we measure minutes and seconds as a series of two numbers each less than sixty. And, just in case this might seem too simple, for some reason the second to last number was always less than eighteen. The first day in the Mayan long count calendar was expressed as 0.0.0.0.0, and by our calendar, this was August 11, 3114 BC. Every 144,000 days (or about every 395 years, which they called a baktun), the first number would increment, and a new baktun would start. Recall how we all got to enjoy the excitement on the millennium of watching the digital displays roll over from 12/31/1999 to 1/1/2000? Well, that's what's going to happen on December 21, 2012 to the Mayan calendar. It's going to roll over from 12.19.19.17.19 to 13.0.0.0.0, just as it has done each of the previous twelve baktuns. There's no archaeological or historical evidence that the Mayans themselves expected anything other than a New Year's Eve party to happen on this date: Claims that this rollover represents a Mayan prediction of the end of the world appear to be a modern pop-culture invention. It's true that the Mayan carvings of their calendar only depicted 13 baktuns, but what did you expect them to do? Carve an infinitely long calendar every time they wanted to express a date? The explanation could be as simple as they didn't expect people in the 21st century to still be obsessed with their archaic calendar.

Another story predicting doom in 2012 says that a new planet, variously described as Planet X, a planet/comet (which makes no sense), or the planet "Nibiru" is going to pass so close to the Earth as to cause earthquakes and tidal waves and all kinds of destruction, possibly even flipping the Earth completely upside down. This is an urban legend that's been around for a long time, but for most of the story's history, this was supposed to happen in May of 2003, as any Internet search for "Planet X" will reveal. Apparently what happened is that the Planet X advocates, perhaps embarrassed or disappointed that 2003 passed without incident, heard about the much more popular Mayan calendar story, and decided that 2012 is close enough to 2003 that it must be the correct date and that the Planet X destruction is probably what the Mayans were foretelling. The Planet X legend got started by misinterpretations of astronomical observations combined with an ancient Sumerian carving that has been erroneously interpreted to depict a solar system with ten planets. Why the craftsmen who made carvings in ancient Sumeria should be presumed to have planetary knowledge superior to that of modern astronomy is not convincingly argued. If you're interested in all of the actual science behind the Planet X story, there's no better source than Phil Plait's "Bad Astronomy" blog, which goes into all the facts, rumors, and sources in detail.

Here's one more reason people are frightened about 2012. About 500 years ago, Copernicus confirmed what Hipparchus had observed in 2200 BC: that the axis of the Earth, which leans over at 23.5°, completes one full rotation every 25,765 years. This means that in 12,000 years, Christmas will come to Australia in winter and the northern hemisphere will depict Santa in Bermuda shorts. Astrologers call this period a Great Year, and they divide it into 12 Great Months or astrological "ages", each about 2,147 years long. Each age corresponds to one of the signs of the zodiac. We are currently in the Age of Pisces, and like the song says, we're soon going to enter the Age of Aquarius. According to modern official delineations of the edges of the constellations, we'll move into the new age in the year 2600. But there's some disagreement, and some astrologers place it at 2595, 2654, or 2638. A few put it much earlier, as soon as 2150 or even 2062. However, once the news of the Mayan calendar broke, a large segment of the astrological community abandoned the official constellation definitions and stated that the Age of Aquarius will begin in 2012. So, you can call this a third major reason why the world will end in 2012, but you have to be awful loose with your astrology, and you also have to think of some reason why the dawning of the Age of Aquarius might bring on the end of the world. I have not found any plausible claims for how it might have this effect.

So that's a lot of reasons, weak though they might be, to predict that the we're all going to die in 2012. However, there's one significant fact that the 2012 doomsayers all seem to forget: Despite all the various 2012-ish predictions for the end of the world, there are far more stories of apocalypse with different dates. For example, popular interpretations of Nostradamus found predictions for the end of the world in July of 1999, December of 1999, June of 2002, and October of 2005. It's also been said that his writings could mean the dead will rise from their graves in either 2000, 2007, or the year 7000. Nostradamus never said anything about 2012.

Many Protestant Christians believe that the end of the world will come in the form of what they call the Rapture, when the righteous will all be whisked away to heaven. Shakers believed the Rapture would come in 1792. Seventh Day Adventists first calculated it would happen in 1843, then when nothing happened, they found an error in their calculations and corrected it to 1844. The Jehovah's Witnesses made firm predictions for 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975, 1984, and 1994. A book was published in 1988 called 88 Reasons the Rapture is in 1988. A number of Bible scholars found firm scriptural evidence that the Rapture would happen in October of 2005. Thousands of Koreans gave away all their money and possessions in preparation for the Rapture on October 28, 1992. Even Sir Isaac Newton made a calculation based on scripture that showed the Rapture could not happen before 2060. Some Jewish scholars place the "end of days" via Armageddon in the year 2240. I couldn't find 2012 mentioned in any of these stories.

In fact, James Randi's magnum opus publication An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural lists 44 distinct end of the world predictions that all came and went unfulfilled. Why should we think that the 2012 legends are any different? Any examination of the science behind any of the stories, even a glib examination, reveals a complete absence of plausible foundation. Only the Planet X story, which is the most easily falsified as it depends on concrete astronomical observations that are demonstrably false, offers a proposed mechanism for exactly how this "end of the world" is to be accomplished, the alleged gravitational destruction. Neither the Mayan calendar people, nor the Age of Aquarius people, have offered any claims for how or why the world will end, only that their particular legend points to a rollover in some ancient calendar. My calendar rolls over every time the ball drops in New York, and I've yet to see this cause any planetary cataclysm, except for the guy who has to mop out the drunk tank at the NYPD.

Many people tend to place more trust in ancient neolithic traditions than in the observations of modern science. There's nothing wrong with studying and respecting our predecessors' history for what it was, but when you turn things over and start believing that scientific knowledge of the natural world has only decreased over time, you're not doing anyone any favors.

DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!!???? damn were all fucked then!!! *sigh* fuck my life! minus well just kill myself rite now then before seeing this fucked up world get blown!!! HAIL SATAN!!!

Sent: Sun, October 10, 2010 2:12:39 AM

Abandon all your possessions and run for the hills: It has been foretold that the world is coming to an end sooner than you think, in the year 2012. It seems that you can't pick up any newspaper or magazine without reading that the apocalypse is almost upon us.

What really is going to happen in 2012? Asteroid 433 Eros is going to pass within 17 million miles of the Earth in January; the United States will hand over control of the Korean military back to the Koreans in April; there will be an annular solar eclipse in May and a solar transit of Venus in June; the Summer Olympics will take place in London; the Earth's population will officially pass 7 billion people in October; the United States will elect a new President in November; construction of the new Freedom Tower will be complete in New York City; the sun will flip its magnetic poles as it does at the end of every 11-year sunspot cycle; and, as I'm sure you've heard by now, the Mayan calendar completes its 5,125 year cycle, presumably portending the End of Days.

Mayans had three calendars. They had a solar calendar that was 365 days long, and a ceremonial calendar that was 260 days long. These two calendars would synchronize every 52 years. To measure longer time periods, they developed the "long count" calendar, which expressed dates as a series of five numbers, each less than twenty; something like the way we measure minutes and seconds as a series of two numbers each less than sixty. And, just in case this might seem too simple, for some reason the second to last number was always less than eighteen. The first day in the Mayan long count calendar was expressed as 0.0.0.0.0, and by our calendar, this was August 11, 3114 BC. Every 144,000 days (or about every 395 years, which they called a baktun), the first number would increment, and a new baktun would start. Recall how we all got to enjoy the excitement on the millennium of watching the digital displays roll over from 12/31/1999 to 1/1/2000? Well, that's what's going to happen on December 21, 2012 to the Mayan calendar. It's going to roll over from 12.19.19.17.19 to 13.0.0.0.0, just as it has done each of the previous twelve baktuns. There's no archaeological or historical evidence that the Mayans themselves expected anything other than a New Year's Eve party to happen on this date: Claims that this rollover represents a Mayan prediction of the end of the world appear to be a modern pop-culture invention. It's true that the Mayan carvings of their calendar only depicted 13 baktuns, but what did you expect them to do? Carve an infinitely long calendar every time they wanted to express a date? The explanation could be as simple as they didn't expect people in the 21st century to still be obsessed with their archaic calendar.

Another story predicting doom in 2012 says that a new planet, variously described as Planet X, a planet/comet (which makes no sense), or the planet "Nibiru" is going to pass so close to the Earth as to cause earthquakes and tidal waves and all kinds of destruction, possibly even flipping the Earth completely upside down. This is an urban legend that's been around for a long time, but for most of the story's history, this was supposed to happen in May of 2003, as any Internet search for "Planet X" will reveal. Apparently what happened is that the Planet X advocates, perhaps embarrassed or disappointed that 2003 passed without incident, heard about the much more popular Mayan calendar story, and decided that 2012 is close enough to 2003 that it must be the correct date and that the Planet X destruction is probably what the Mayans were foretelling. The Planet X legend got started by misinterpretations of astronomical observations combined with an ancient Sumerian carving that has been erroneously interpreted to depict a solar system with ten planets. Why the craftsmen who made carvings in ancient Sumeria should be presumed to have planetary knowledge superior to that of modern astronomy is not convincingly argued. If you're interested in all of the actual science behind the Planet X story, there's no better source than Phil Plait's "Bad Astronomy" blog, which goes into all the facts, rumors, and sources in detail.

Here's one more reason people are frightened about 2012. About 500 years ago, Copernicus confirmed what Hipparchus had observed in 2200 BC: that the axis of the Earth, which leans over at 23.5°, completes one full rotation every 25,765 years. This means that in 12,000 years, Christmas will come to Australia in winter and the northern hemisphere will depict Santa in Bermuda shorts. Astrologers call this period a Great Year, and they divide it into 12 Great Months or astrological "ages", each about 2,147 years long. Each age corresponds to one of the signs of the zodiac. We are currently in the Age of Pisces, and like the song says, we're soon going to enter the Age of Aquarius. According to modern official delineations of the edges of the constellations, we'll move into the new age in the year 2600. But there's some disagreement, and some astrologers place it at 2595, 2654, or 2638. A few put it much earlier, as soon as 2150 or even 2062. However, once the news of the Mayan calendar broke, a large segment of the astrological community abandoned the official constellation definitions and stated that the Age of Aquarius will begin in 2012. So, you can call this a third major reason why the world will end in 2012, but you have to be awful loose with your astrology, and you also have to think of some reason why the dawning of the Age of Aquarius might bring on the end of the world. I have not found any plausible claims for how it might have this effect.

So that's a lot of reasons, weak though they might be, to predict that the we're all going to die in 2012. However, there's one significant fact that the 2012 doomsayers all seem to forget: Despite all the various 2012-ish predictions for the end of the world, there are far more stories of apocalypse with different dates. For example, popular interpretations of Nostradamus found predictions for the end of the world in July of 1999, December of 1999, June of 2002, and October of 2005. It's also been said that his writings could mean the dead will rise from their graves in either 2000, 2007, or the year 7000. Nostradamus never said anything about 2012.

Many Protestant Christians believe that the end of the world will come in the form of what they call the Rapture, when the righteous will all be whisked away to heaven. Shakers believed the Rapture would come in 1792. Seventh Day Adventists first calculated it would happen in 1843, then when nothing happened, they found an error in their calculations and corrected it to 1844. The Jehovah's Witnesses made firm predictions for 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975, 1984, and 1994. A book was published in 1988 called 88 Reasons the Rapture is in 1988. A number of Bible scholars found firm scriptural evidence that the Rapture would happen in October of 2005. Thousands of Koreans gave away all their money and possessions in preparation for the Rapture on October 28, 1992. Even Sir Isaac Newton made a calculation based on scripture that showed the Rapture could not happen before 2060. Some Jewish scholars place the "end of days" via Armageddon in the year 2240. I couldn't find 2012 mentioned in any of these stories.

In fact, James Randi's magnum opus publication An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural lists 44 distinct end of the world predictions that all came and went unfulfilled. Why should we think that the 2012 legends are any different? Any examination of the science behind any of the stories, even a glib examination, reveals a complete absence of plausible foundation. Only the Planet X story, which is the most easily falsified as it depends on concrete astronomical observations that are demonstrably false, offers a proposed mechanism for exactly how this "end of the world" is to be accomplished, the alleged gravitational destruction. Neither the Mayan calendar people, nor the Age of Aquarius people, have offered any claims for how or why the world will end, only that their particular legend points to a rollover in some ancient calendar. My calendar rolls over every time the ball drops in New York, and I've yet to see this cause any planetary cataclysm, except for the guy who has to mop out the drunk tank at the NYPD.

Many people tend to place more trust in ancient neolithic traditions than in the observations of modern science. There's nothing wrong with studying and respecting our predecessors' history for what it was, but when you turn things over and start believing that scientific knowledge of the natural world has only decreased over time, you're not doing anyone any favors.

adrian if u were speaking with andreth666(my other account that for some reason doesnt work anymore) ignore it, it seems (from waht i understood) that 2012 won't happen (end of the world ect, Hp Maxine said) so i presume that i got fucked up by some spirit althought i dont know what to think because i had the sunburns i get when speaking with demons! nonetheless i only asked (and aswered if u were speaking with me) because i saw something about suicide, i'd suggest you dont do it! btw EVEN if it has to happen if u serve Father there is totally nothing to fear :D (btw i  am on post abstinence, still didnt got the proof that i spoke with Vapula even if i managed to get the name of a friend withouth knowing his legal name)
HAIL SATAN ETERNAL

Da: Adrian Savala <satanicpride666@...
A: [email protected]
Inviato: Mar 12 ottobre 2010, 06:15:15
Oggetto: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Re: 2012

DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!!???? damn were all fucked then!!! *sigh* fuck my life! minus well just kill myself rite now then before seeing this fucked up world get blown!!! HAIL SATAN!!!

That's B.S. Father Enki told us that something will happen and that thing will change a lot of things! but Father never told us that we are going to die.Father told the 2012 will be the end of lies.Maybe the start of a big war but no, the apocalypse is not taking place at that time.Actually there were a lot of interruptions in Astral world, 5th dimension that made a lot of things change and it happened last week, but no sign of a sudden Apocalypse is shown yet.but yes, we are f***ed but it's a slow one! If we don't find a way outa this mess (Global warming, population, water problem and etc...)!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Bixeus Meda" <bixeus_meda@... wrote:

i hope YOU arent serious. dont kill urself dude. those are just stories meant to scare ppl.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Adrian Savala <satanicpride666@... wrote:

DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!!???? damn were all fucked then!!! *sigh* fuck my
life! minus well just kill myself rite now then before seeing this fucked up
world get blown!!!
HAIL SATAN!!!

Abandon all your possessions and run for the hills: It has been foretold that
the world is coming to an end sooner than you think, in the year 2012. It seems
that you can't pick up any newspaper or magazine without reading that the
apocalypse is almost upon us.

What really is going to happen in 2012? Asteroid 433 Eros is going to pass
within 17 million miles of the Earth in January; the United States will hand
over control of the Korean military back to the Koreans in April; there will be
an annular solar eclipse in May and a solar transit of Venus in June; the Summer
Olympics will take place in London; the Earth's population will officially pass
7 billion people in October; the United States will elect a new President in
November; construction of the new Freedom Tower will be complete in New York
City; the sun will flip its magnetic poles as it does at the end of every
11-year sunspot cycle; and, as I'm sure you've heard by now, the Mayan calendar
completes its 5,125 year cycle, presumably portending the End of Days.

Mayans had three calendars. They had a solar calendar that was 365 days long,
and a ceremonial calendar that was 260 days long. These two calendars would
synchronize every 52 years. To measure longer time periods, they developed the
"long count" calendar, which expressed dates as a series of five numbers, each
less than twenty; something like the way we measure minutes and seconds as a
series of two numbers each less than sixty. And, just in case this might seem
too simple, for some reason the second to last number was always less than
eighteen. The first day in the Mayan long count calendar was expressed as
0.0.0.0.0, and by our calendar, this was August 11, 3114 BC. Every 144,000 days
(or about every 395 years, which they called a baktun), the first number would
increment, and a new baktun would start. Recall how we all got to enjoy the
excitement on the millennium of watching the digital displays roll over from
12/31/1999 to 1/1/2000? Well, that's what's going to happen on December 21, 2012
to the Mayan calendar. It's going to roll over from 12.19.19.17.19 to
13.0.0.0.0, just as it has done each of the previous twelve baktuns. There's no
archaeological or historical evidence that the Mayans themselves expected
anything other than a New Year's Eve party to happen on this date: Claims that
this rollover represents a Mayan prediction of the end of the world appear to be
a modern pop-culture invention. It's true that the Mayan carvings of their
calendar only depicted 13 baktuns, but what did you expect them to do? Carve an
infinitely long calendar every time they wanted to express a date? The
explanation could be as simple as they didn't expect people in the 21st century
to still be obsessed with their archaic calendar.

Another story predicting doom in 2012 says that a new planet, variously
described as Planet X, a planet/comet (which makes no sense), or the planet
"Nibiru" is going to pass so close to the Earth as to cause earthquakes and
tidal waves and all kinds of destruction, possibly even flipping the Earth
completely upside down. This is an urban legend that's been around for a long
time, but for most of the story's history, this was supposed to happen in May of
2003, as any Internet search for "Planet X" will reveal. Apparently what
happened is that the Planet X advocates, perhaps embarrassed or disappointed
that 2003 passed without incident, heard about the much more popular Mayan
calendar story, and decided that 2012 is close enough to 2003 that it must be
the correct date and that the Planet X destruction is probably what the Mayans
were foretelling. The Planet X legend got started by misinterpretations of
astronomical observations combined with an ancient Sumerian carving that has
been erroneously interpreted to depict a solar system with ten planets. Why the
craftsmen who made carvings in ancient Sumeria should be presumed to have
planetary knowledge superior to that of modern astronomy is not convincingly
argued. If you're interested in all of the actual science behind the Planet X
story, there's no better source than Phil Plait's "Bad Astronomy" blog, which
goes into all the facts, rumors, and sources in detail.

Here's one more reason people are frightened about 2012. About 500 years ago,
Copernicus confirmed what Hipparchus had observed in 2200 BC: that the axis of
the Earth, which leans over at 23.5°, completes one full rotation every 25,765
years. This means that in 12,000 years, Christmas will come to Australia in
winter and the northern hemisphere will depict Santa in Bermuda shorts.
Astrologers call this period a Great Year, and they divide it into 12 Great
Months or astrological "ages", each about 2,147 years long. Each age corresponds
to one of the signs of the zodiac. We are currently in the Age of Pisces, and
like the song says, we're soon going to enter the Age of Aquarius. According to
modern official delineations of the edges of the constellations, we'll move into
the new age in the year 2600. But there's some disagreement, and some
astrologers place it at 2595, 2654, or 2638. A few put it much earlier, as soon
as 2150 or even 2062. However, once the news of the Mayan calendar broke, a
large segment of the astrological community abandoned the official constellation
definitions and stated that the Age of Aquarius will begin in 2012. So, you can
call this a third major reason why the world will end in 2012, but you have to
be awful loose with your astrology, and you also have to think of some reason
why the dawning of the Age of Aquarius might bring on the end of the world. I
have not found any plausible claims for how it might have this effect.

So that's a lot of reasons, weak though they might be, to predict that the we're
all going to die in 2012. However, there's one significant fact that the 2012
doomsayers all seem to forget: Despite all the various 2012-ish predictions for
the end of the world, there are far more stories of apocalypse with different
dates. For example, popular interpretations of Nostradamus found predictions for
the end of the world in July of 1999, December of 1999, June of 2002, and
October of 2005. It's also been said that his writings could mean the dead will
rise from their graves in either 2000, 2007, or the year 7000. Nostradamus never
said anything about 2012.

Many Protestant Christians believe that the end of the world will come in the
form of what they call the Rapture, when the righteous will all be whisked away
to heaven. Shakers believed the Rapture would come in 1792. Seventh Day
Adventists first calculated it would happen in 1843, then when nothing happened,
they found an error in their calculations and corrected it to 1844. The
Jehovah's Witnesses made firm predictions for 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975, 1984, and
1994. A book was published in 1988 called 88 Reasons the Rapture is in 1988. A
number of Bible scholars found firm scriptural evidence that the Rapture would
happen in October of 2005. Thousands of Koreans gave away all their money and
possessions in preparation for the Rapture on October 28, 1992. Even Sir Isaac
Newton made a calculation based on scripture that showed the Rapture could not
happen before 2060. Some Jewish scholars place the "end of days" via Armageddon
in the year 2240. I couldn't find 2012 mentioned in any of these stories.

In fact, James Randi's magnum opus publication An Encyclopedia of Claims,
Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural lists 44 distinct end of the
world predictions that all came and went unfulfilled. Why should we think that
the 2012 legends are any different? Any examination of the science behind any of
the stories, even a glib examination, reveals a complete absence of plausible
foundation. Only the Planet X story, which is the most easily falsified as it
depends on concrete astronomical observations that are demonstrably false,
offers a proposed mechanism for exactly how this "end of the world" is to be
accomplished, the alleged gravitational destruction. Neither the Mayan calendar
people, nor the Age of Aquarius people, have offered any claims for how or why
the world will end, only that their particular legend points to a rollover in
some ancient calendar. My calendar rolls over every time the ball drops in New
York, and I've yet to see this cause any planetary cataclysm, except for the guy
who has to mop out the drunk tank at the NYPD.

Many people tend to place more trust in ancient neolithic traditions than in the
observations of modern science. There's nothing wrong with studying and
respecting our predecessors' history for what it was, but when you turn things
over and start believing that scientific knowledge of the natural world has only
decreased over time, you're not doing anyone any favors.

What? Lay off of the meds. The world not going to end. Father has plans but not to kill us all. Or are you just another one who thinks their fiction god is better then ours.   Hail SATAN

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Bixeus Meda <bixeus_meda@... wrote:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back