Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Yoga and Drowsiness?

[email protected]

I have a slight issue with tiredness directly after any Hatha Yoga set. Every time I perform any yoga immediately after I feel like taking a nap. This has been going on since I started taking yoga and has always bothered me, seeing as how every where I read I get how it energizes and elevates bio-electricity which should keep me awake not tire me out. So I finally decided to ask online, does anyone have an idea, thought, or explanation on this matter, cause its really bugging me?

-Siotris
Hail the Gods of Duat

Are you drinking enough water before and during your yoga exercises?
Are you doing deep, rhythmic breathing while you hold the poses?
Do you get enough sleep overall (8-9 hours)?
Do you do this late at night, or early in the morning, when your stomach is close to empty?
Even having a small cup of yogurt, a banana, and/or some juice before your session is okay, so your tummy does not growl. (Don't shove the food down all at once, though, give yourself 10-20 minutes to let it settle a bit, so you don't feel like it's rolling around while you do downward dog, lol.)

Hope this helps.

Hail Satan!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siotris@..." <siotris@... wrote:

I have a slight issue with tiredness directly after any Hatha Yoga set. Every time I perform any yoga immediately after I feel like taking a nap. This has been going on since I started taking yoga and has always bothered me, seeing as how every where I read I get how it energizes and elevates bio-electricity which should keep me awake not tire me out. So I finally decided to ask online, does anyone have an idea, thought, or explanation on this matter, cause its really bugging me?

-Siotris
Hail the Gods of Duat

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back