Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

yahoo passwords

kvnfidler

My girlfriend told me yesterday that she heard yahoo was hacked and some group got everyones password info. I just changed my password, everyone else might want to do the same.

Doggonit - Thanks, I just changed mine last night I might change it again though I'd rather wait a while longer still.

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM, kvnfidler <kvnfidler@... wrote:
  My girlfriend told me yesterday that she heard yahoo was hacked and some group got everyones password info. I just changed my password, everyone else might want to do the same.

--
<[/IMG]<font>~ Hail Enki!~ Hail Father Satan!~ Heil Hitler! ~ Heil Himmler!~ Hail the Mighty Gods of Duat!~    ~ Heil the Ascended Master St. Germaine! ~[/I]

Thanks for the info.  I just changed my password.
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 8:28 AM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] yahoo passwords

My passwords are almost 20 characters long, consisting of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Having symbols is the key, throw them in here and there randomly and nobody will figure it out. It's a bit annoying when I mistype (every 1 out of 5 log-ins I think I stumble and have to re-enter) but it's worth it.

LOL I just did that link you listed:

"It would take a desktop PC
About 35 quadrillion years
to crack your password"

Hmm... if I add 2 more symbols, it will get up to 5 sextillion years. 2 more after that for 53 septillion years. Or would that just be overkill?

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@... wrote:

Good thinking!

Also make it more complicated, with symbols and all that.
This might come in handy:

http://howsecureismypassword.net/

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@ wrote:

Changed it and the site said it would take 2 sextillion years to figure out my new password. Yay!

|
  |
_|_
  |

Knowledge is power.
"I am ever present to help all who trust in me and call upon me in time of need."~Father Satan; The Al-jilwah
In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi!* Let the name of Satan be exaulted!*
Hail Belial!* Heil Hitler!* Sieg Heil!* Ave Satanas!* Rege Satanas!* Heil, mein fuhrer!* Hail Satan!*
www.joyofsatan.org
www.exposingchristianity.com

Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:49 PM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: yahoo passwords

My passwords are almost 20 characters long, consisting of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Having symbols is the key, throw them in here and there randomly and nobody will figure it out. It's a bit annoying when I mistype (every 1 out of 5 log-ins I think I stumble and have to re-enter) but it's worth it.

to crack your password"

Hmm... if I add 2 more symbols, it will get up to 5 sextillion years. 2 more after that for 53 septillion years. Or would that just be overkill?

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@... wrote:

Good thinking!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@ wrote:

<td val[/IMG]I think you are good then(sctratches his head)

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android [/TD]
To: [email protected] <[email protected];
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Re: yahoo passwords
Sent: Sun, Jul 15, 2012 8:10:03 PM

<td val[/IMG]   Changed it and the site said it would take 2 sextillion years to figure out my new password. Yay!

|
  |
_|_
  |

Knowledge is power.
"I am ever present to help all who trust in me and call upon me in time of need."~Father Satan; The Al-jilwah
In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi!* Let the name of Satan be exaulted!*
Hail Belial!* Heil Hitler!* Sieg Heil!* Ave Satanas!* Rege Satanas!* Heil, mein fuhrer!* Hail Satan!*
www.joyofsatan.org www.exposingchristianity.com From: "lydia_666@..." <lydia_666@...
To: [email protected] Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:49 PM

to crack your password"

--- [/IMG][email protected], "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@... wrote:

Good thinking!

--- [/IMG][email protected], "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@ wrote:

[/TD]

[/IMG] 
To: "JoyofSatan666@yahoogroups com" <[email protected]; Raven <lilylavycrowley@...
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 4:28 PM

<td style="font:[/IMG]I think you are good then(sctratches his head)

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android [/TD]
To: [email protected] <[email protected];
<td style="font:[/IMG]   Changed it and the site said it would take 2 sextillion years to figure out my new password. Yay!  |   | _|_   |Knowledge is power."I am ever present to help all who trust in me and call upon me in time of need."~Father Satan; The Al-jilwahIn Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi!* Let the name of Satan be exaulted!* Hail Belial!* Heil Hitler!* Sieg Heil!* Ave Satanas!* Rege Satanas!* Heil, mein fuhrer!* Hail Satan!* http://www.joyofsatan.org/ http://www.exposingchristianity.com/ From: "lydia_666@..." <lydia_666@...
To: [email protected] Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:49 PM
  [/IMG][e[/IMG] [email protected] , "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@ wrote: My girlfriend told me yesterday that she heard yahoo was hacked and some group got everyones password info. I just changed my password, everyone else might want to do the same. [/QUOTE] [/TD]

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "lydia_666@..." <lydia_666@...
wrote:
My passwords are almost 20 characters long, consisting of upper and
lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Having symbols is the key,
throw them in here and there randomly and nobody will figure it out.
It's a bit annoying when I mistype (every 1 out of 5 log-ins I think I
stumble and have to re-enter) but it's worth it.

to crack your password"

Hmm... if I add 2 more symbols, it will get up to 5 sextillion years.
2 more after that for 53 septillion years. Or would that just be
overkill?
--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" drgnjvnv@ wrote:

Good thinking!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@
wrote:
My girlfriend told me yesterday that she heard yahoo was hacked
and some group got everyones password info. I just changed my password,
everyone else might want to do the same.
If your password is at least 12 characters long and not one of the most
common passwords or too easy to guess, it is very difficult to hack in a
reasonable amount of time. That will not stop those scumbags from
hacking the site itself and retrieving the passwords directly from
that--even a 500 character password that is gibberish and full of
symbols will not do any good then. But it will make extra work for the
average hacker.

In e-security, there is nothing like overkill :)
If you use Firefox/Chrome, having LastPass addon helps a lot.
Just remember master password, enter it, and that addon enters passwords for you, you have to remember just that one. :)

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "lydia_666@..." <lydia_666@... wrote:

to crack your password"

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@ wrote:

Good thinking!

That should be pretty secure :)

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Raven Lythrum <lilylavycrowley@... wrote:

Changed it and the site said it would take 2 sextillion years to figure out my new password. Yay!

|
  |
_|_
  |

Knowledge is power.

www.joyofsatan.org
www.exposingchristianity.com

to crack your password"

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@ wrote:

Good thinking!

Make it more complicated. To your password add:
Upper/Lower: A pAsSwOrD <- you can also do irregular intervals
Numbers: p4ssw0rd
Symbols: p4ssw0rd/*-+ <- in combination above with this, also SPACE is counting too
Long pass: ThIsShOulDBeMyP4sSw0Rd/*-+ <- like this, only above 16 characters

TIP: Use password manager to remember it with CLOUD capability like LastPass addon

tl;dr : change your existing password.

To super paranoid, also install KeyScrambler. For Extreme Paranoid, use TOR Browser :)

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Walls of Teardrops <vampiregod1954@... wrote:

It'd take a desktop PC about 2 million years to crack my password.  Don't know if that's good or bad.  

Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 4:28 PM

I think you are good then(sctratches his head)

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

|  |_|_  |
Knowledge is power.
In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi!* Let the name of Satan be exaulted!* Hail Belial!* Heil Hitler!* Sieg Heil!* Ave Satanas!* Rege Satanas!* Heil, mein fuhrer!* Hail Satan!*
http://www.joyofsatan.org/http://www.ex ... anity.com/

My passwords are almost 20 characters long, consisting of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Having symbols is the key, throw them in here and there randomly and nobody will figure it out. It's a bit annoying when I mistype (every 1 out of 5 log-ins I think I stumble and have to re-enter) but it's worth it. LOL I just did that link you listed: "It would take a desktop PC About 35 quadrillion years to crack your password" Hmm... if I add 2 more symbols, it will get up to 5 sextillion years. 2 more after that for 53 septillion years. Or would that just be overkill? --- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@ wrote: Good thinking! Also make it more complicated, with symbols and all that. This might come in handy: http://howsecureismypassword.net/ --- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@ wrote: My girlfriend told me yesterday that she heard yahoo was hacked and some
group got everyones password info. I just changed my password, everyone else might want to do the same.

I don't think I have a yahoo account. I log in with openid through my google account. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get this to work on my blackberry. I'd prefer to use the phone as it would be more private. Anyone got any suggestions?

Suppose I could always create a yahoo account...

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "enemyofjezzuz" <denniswhicher@... wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "lydia_666@" <lydia_666@
wrote:

My passwords are almost 20 characters long, consisting of upper and
lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Having symbols is the key,
throw them in here and there randomly and nobody will figure it out.
It's a bit annoying when I mistype (every 1 out of 5 log-ins I think I
stumble and have to re-enter) but it's worth it.

to crack your password"

Hmm... if I add 2 more symbols, it will get up to 5 sextillion years.
2 more after that for 53 septillion years. Or would that just be
overkill?

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "GakunGak" drgnjvnv@ wrote:

Good thinking!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@
wrote:

My girlfriend told me yesterday that she heard yahoo was hacked
and some group got everyones password info. I just changed my password,
everyone else might want to do the same.

If your password is at least 12 characters long and not one of the most
common passwords or too easy to guess, it is very difficult to hack in a
reasonable amount of time. That will not stop those scumbags from
hacking the site itself and retrieving the passwords directly from
that--even a 500 character password that is gibberish and full of
symbols will not do any good then. But it will make extra work for the
average hacker.

Changed my password for the second time, this time it said it'd take a desktop PC 5 sextillion years to crack my password.  Yay!
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 1:19 AM

That should be pretty secure :)

--- In mailto:JoyofSatan666%40yahoogroups.com, Raven Lythrum <lilylavycrowley@... wrote:

|
  |
_|_
  |

Knowledge is power.

http://www.joyofsatan.org/
http://www.exposingchristianity.com/

to crack your password"

--- In mailto:JoyofSatan666%40yahoogroups.com, "GakunGak" <drgnjvnv@ wrote:

Good thinking!

--- In mailto:JoyofSatan666%40yahoogroups.com, "kvnfidler" <kvnfidler@ wrote:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back