Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Xtians...

[email protected]

Pastor Eric Foley, who runs a Christian mission group called Seoul USA, just gave a gift to the people of North Korea: Bibles. 50,000 Bibles. All delivered by way of hot-air balloons.
Not edible Bibles, mind you, just run-of-the-mill paper Bibles.
Because that's what the isolated, starving, desperate people in North Korea need: Jesus.

This is a perfect example of Christians pretending to do something of value and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Just as praying for you after a tragedy won't change your situation, these Bibles won't do anything useful for the North Korean people.
Check out what the group did and think about how much money it cost them:
The balloons, made from a large sheet of "farm plastic," said Foley, are filled with hydrogen before the Bibles and "tracts" — testimonials written by other North Korean Christians — are attached at the bottom inside a sack or box. Timers are then used to release the materials in stages, dispersing them at high altitudes across North Korea. Foley and members of his Christian mission group, Seoul USA, use GPS technology to help direct where the Bibles land. Around 50,000 of them have dropped from the skies in the last year.
It's their money. They're free to do what they'd like with it. I'm just saying if those balloons contained a granola bar along with the Bible, the people would have been far better off.
Just to be clear, North Korea is a place where Christians are actually persecuted — unlike in the U.S. — but it's not hard to see that food would be more helpful than a book. And if you have the money and technology to air drop anything to the people there, why waste it on the Bible? Even if proselytizing was the goal, wouldn't you need to meet everyone's physical needs before you tried to go after what you think are their spiritual needs?
So here's my helpful suggestion to Pastor Foley: If you want to convert North Koreans to Christianity, next time, drop something edible. Feel free to wrap it in pages from the Bible. They'll be so grateful, they'll have no one else to thank but your God.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 1/11/of-al

I can see it now. bibles falling hundreds of feet down and hitting people on the head. Balloons goes where the wind takes them.Might be over land or over seas. What an waste of money. Good thing we have Satan and the GD's to show us the waste in that.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM, venusvenera@... <venusvenera@... wrote:

Pastor Eric Foley, who runs a Christian mission group called Seoul USA, just gave a gift to the people of North Korea: Bibles. 50,000 Bibles. All delivered by way of hot-air balloons.
Because that's what the isolated, starving, desperate people in North Korea need: Jesus.

This is a perfect example of Christians pretending to do something of value and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Just as praying for you after a tragedy won't change your situation, these Bibles won't do anything useful for the North Korean people.
The balloons, made from a large sheet of "farm plastic," said Foley, are filled with hydrogen before the Bibles and "tracts" — testimonials written by other North Korean Christians — are attached at the bottom inside a sack or box. Timers are then used to release the materials in stages, dispersing them at high altitudes across North Korea. Foley and members of his Christian mission group, Seoul USA, use GPS technology to help direct where the Bibles land. Around 50,000 of them have dropped from the skies in the last year.
It's their money. They're free to do what they'd like with it. I'm just saying if those balloons contained a granola bar along with the Bible, the people would have been far better off.
Just to be clear, North Korea is a place where Christians are actually persecuted — unlike in the U.S. — but it's not hard to see that food would be more helpful than a book. And if you have the money and technology to air drop anything to the people there, why waste it on the Bible? Even if proselytizing was the goal, wouldn't you need to meet everyone's physical needs before you tried to go after what you think are their spiritual needs?
So here's my helpful suggestion to Pastor Foley: If you want to convert North Koreans to Christianity, next time, drop something edible. Feel free to wrap it in pages from the Bible. They'll be so grateful, they'll have no one else to thank but your God.

That was so stupid. Those bibles probably cost thousands of dollars. Why couldn't they do something useful with that money like buy food, clothes,etc. I have never known anyone who could live off nothing than the bible. But the ignorant christians who have food on their plates are going to say its the best gifts ever and it will help them through their struggle.

------------------------------
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 10:26 PM EST david poston wrote:

I can see it now. bibles falling hundreds of feet down and hitting people
on the head. Balloons goes where the wind takes them.
Might be over land or over seas. What an waste of money. Good thing we have
Satan and the GD's to show us the waste in that.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM, venusvenera@... <venusvenera@...wrote:

Pastor Eric Foley, who runs a Christian mission group called Seoul USA,
just gave a gift to the people of North Korea: Bibles. 50,000 Bibles. All
delivered by way of hot-air balloons.
Because that's what the isolated, starving, desperate people in North
Korea need: Jesus.

This is a perfect example of Christians pretending to do something of
value and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Just as praying for you after a
tragedy won't change your situation, these Bibles won't do anything useful
for the North Korean people.
The balloons, made from a large sheet of "farm plastic," said Foley, are
filled with hydrogen before the Bibles and "tracts" — testimonials written
by other North Korean Christians — are attached at the bottom inside a sack
or box. Timers are then used to release the materials in stages, dispersing
them at high altitudes across North Korea. Foley and members of his
Christian mission group, Seoul USA, use GPS technology to help direct where
the Bibles land. Around 50,000 of them have dropped from the skies in the
last year.
It's their money. They're free to do what they'd like with it. I'm just
saying if those balloons contained a granola bar along with the Bible, the
people would have been far better off.
Just to be clear, North Korea is a place where Christians are actually
persecuted — unlike in the U.S. — but it's not hard to see that food would
be more helpful than a book. And if you have the money and technology to
air drop anything to the people there, why waste it on the Bible? Even if
proselytizing was the goal, wouldn't you need to meet everyone's physical
needs before you tried to go after what you think are their spiritual needs?
So here's my helpful suggestion to Pastor Foley: If you want to convert
North Koreans to Christianity, next time, drop something edible. Feel free
to wrap it in pages from the Bible. They'll be so grateful, they'll have no
one else to thank but your God.

[/IMG]</var> 

---In [email protected], <bri_pro@... wrote:

That was so stupid. Those bibles probably cost thousands of dollars. Why couldn't they do something useful with that money like buy food, clothes,etc. I have never known anyone who could live off nothing than the bible. But the ignorant christians who have food on their plates are going to say its the best gifts ever and it will help them through their struggle.

------------------------------
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 10:26 PM EST david poston wrote:

I can see it now. bibles falling hundreds of feet down and hitting people
on the head. Balloons goes where the wind takes them.
Might be over land or over seas. What an waste of money. Good thing we have
Satan and the GD's to show us the waste in that.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM, venusvenera@... <venusvenera@...wrote:

Pastor Eric Foley, who runs a Christian mission group called Seoul USA,
just gave a gift to the people of North Korea: Bibles. 50,000 Bibles. All
delivered by way of hot-air balloons.
Because that's what the isolated, starving, desperate people in North
Korea need: Jesus.

This is a perfect example of Christians pretending to do something of
value and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Just as praying for you after a
tragedy won't change your situation, these Bibles won't do anything useful
for the North Korean people.
The balloons, made from a large sheet of "farm plastic," said Foley, are
filled with hydrogen before the Bibles and "tracts" — testimonials written
by other North Korean Christians — are attached at the bottom inside a sack
or box. Timers are then used to release the materials in stages, dispersing
them at high altitudes across North Korea. Foley and members of his
Christian mission group, Seoul USA, use GPS technology to help direct where
the Bibles land. Around 50,000 of them have dropped from the skies in the
last year.
It's their money. They're free to do what they'd like with it. I'm just
saying if those balloons contained a granola bar along with the Bible, the
people would have been far better off.
Just to be clear, North Korea is a place where Christians are actually
persecuted — unlike in the U.S. — but it's not hard to see that food would
be more helpful than a book. And if you have the money and technology to
air drop anything to the people there, why waste it on the Bible? Even if
proselytizing was the goal, wouldn't you need to meet everyone's physical
needs before you tried to go after what you think are their spiritual needs?
So here's my helpful suggestion to Pastor Foley: If you want to convert
North Koreans to Christianity, next time, drop something edible. Feel free
to wrap it in pages from the Bible. They'll be so grateful, they'll have no
one else to thank but your God.

Wonderful. What a frikkin waste of trees, ink, and plastic! Way to go, paste-head Fooley. Helping nothing but your ego, there.

---In [email protected], <dvdposton@... wrote:

I can see it now. bibles falling hundreds of feet down and hitting people on the head. Balloons goes where the wind takes them.Might be over land or over seas. What an waste of money. Good thing we have Satan and the GD's to show us the waste in that.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM, venusvenera@... <venusvenera@... wrote:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back