Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Void Meditation help

adriennedennis1

The more I try to concentrate, the harder it is to stop the constant flow of random shit running through my mind. I've been practicing my VM for at least a month twice every day and I still can't stop and think about nothing/here&now. If I try staring at a candle flame, I start to think, 'oh that smells good' 'I think I'll try my Crown chakra vibrations outside tonight' 'should I wear a coat?' 'Don't forget to set the alarm for tomorrow morning!' But I've tried zoning on a tennis ball on the yard, or the coffee dripping into the pot.. something else always catches my eye too. I see random things out of the corner of my eye, black shadows? Does anyone have any tips for not being so A.D.D.???

Patience, diligence, practice. On Monday, March 31, 2014 5:24 PM, "adriennedennis1@..." <adriennedennis1@... wrote:
  The more I try to concentrate, the harder it is to stop the constant flow of random shit running through my mind. I've been practicing my VM for at least a month twice every day and I still can't stop and think about nothing/here&now. If I try staring at a candle flame, I start to think, 'oh that smells good' 'I think I'll try my Crown chakra vibrations outside tonight' 'should I wear a coat?' 'Don't forget to set the alarm for tomorrow morning!' But I've tried zoning on a tennis ball on the yard, or the coffee dripping into the pot.. something else always catches my eye too. I see random things out of the corner of my eye, black shadows? Does anyone have any tips for not being so A.D.D.???

Void meditation, do what you can (say, for example, five minutes at a time) and then make it longer, minute by minute, if you want.
On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 9:05:48 AM, Yury Petrov <yura_petrov@... wrote:
  Patience, diligence, practice. On Monday, March 31, 2014 5:24 PM, "adriennedennis1@..." <adriennedennis1@... wrote:

Ive been having the same problem for a long time. Don't focus on anything, rather, melt into nothingness. I find that the trick is not to THINK about focusing on nothing. That seems to be what causes failure in void meditation for me anyway. Don't approach the activity KNOWING what you are going to do and focus on, because then you have already set yourself up for failure. Im pretty positive I haven't explained this right, but once you think over what I'm trying to say I'm sure you will get what I mean. Persistence is most definitely a necessity here. Don't give up bro, keep trying. Remember that Satan's blood runs through your veins, if he can do it you can too :) HAIL SATAN!!!

Try just doing it when you're doing something with your eyes opened.

I do void meditation everyday when i clean up around my house. Just focus 100% on what you're doing and block out all thoughts.

------------------------------
On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 7:53 PM PDT adriennedennis1@... wrote:

I am truly sorry for butting in on this conversation, but I have a question to ask. Would doing things that I enjoy such as playing video games, watching videos and listening to music help me with void meditation?

Not too sure about watching videos and playing video games, but I know that music can help with void meditation.

I tried doing it while watching videos, and I think I did very well. ^_^ I emptied my mind and just focused on watching. Here is a tip though. Don't watch anime if it's in english sub. Not really void meditation when you are trying to imagine the characters speaking in english while reading the subtitles, is it? x_x So it's best to watch it in english dub until you can understand the language. (I really hope that I didn't sound racist, if I did I truly did not mean to.) Haven't tried doing it for video games yet, but I'll let you know if it work's or not. ^_^ Now I have another question. When I was void meditating, my head mildly ached every time I was practicing. Does that mean that I am working out my brain, or am I unintentionally focusing on a chakra while focusing on the void in my mind?

As long as you are focusing 100% on what you are doing at the time, I'm pretty sure any activity works, unless said activity is a harmful one.

yes i've noticed that. why the hell is it easier to meditate when your doing something? it's kind of annoying because when i sit down and actually try to meditate i always fail. it's weird.
--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 4/2/14, jeremy montoya <jeremymontoya14@... wrote:

Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Void Meditation help
To: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:28 AM

Try just doing it when you're doing something with your
eyes opened.

I do void meditation everyday when i clean up around my
house. Just focus 100% on what you're doing and block
out all thoughts.

------------------------------

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 7:53 PM PDT adriennedennis1@...
wrote:

The more I try to concentrate, the harder it is to stop
the constant flow of random shit running through my mind.
I've been practicing my VM for at least a month twice
every day and I still can't stop and think about
nothing/here&now. If I try staring at a candle flame, I
start to think, 'oh that smells good' 'I think
I'll try my Crown chakra vibrations outside tonight'
'should I wear a coat?' 'Don't forget to set
the alarm for tomorrow morning!' But I've tried
zoning on a tennis ball on the yard, or the coffee dripping
into the pot.. something else always catches my eye too. I
see random things out of the corner of my eye, black
shadows? Does anyone have any tips for not being so
A.D.D.???

addriennedennis, rather than concentrate on the thoughts, just "observe" them, when a though pops up, notice it, do not react to it, and observe it wither away into the void.

Hail Satan!!!!

On Friday, 4 April 2014, 11:22, "buddy13az@..." <buddy13az@... wrote:
  I tried doing it while watching videos, and I think I did very well. ^_^ I emptied my mind and just focused on watching. Here is a tip though. Don't watch anime if it's in english sub. Not really void meditation when you are trying to imagine the characters speaking in english while reading the subtitles, is it? x_x So it's best to watch it in english dub until you can understand the language. (I really hope that I didn't sound racist, if I did I truly did not mean to.) Haven't tried doing it for video games yet, but I'll let you know if it work's or not. ^_^ Now I have another question. When I was void meditating, my head mildly ached every time I was practicing. Does that mean that I am working out my brain, or am I unintentionally focusing on a chakra while focusing on the void in my mind?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back