Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Visualization vs Thoughts

Mike Lawry

I find that the more and more I work through the beginning meditations that there is so much emphasis on visualization. However, I'm finding that I'm not able to visualize through imagery in my head but rather thoughts of what I should be seeing in said imagery - does that make sense? Does the fact that I am not 'seeing' what I should be visualizing mean that I cannot acheive the desired end result?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

It makes perfect sense and is also my problem.  In the book Initiation into Hermetics it say to visualize some thing as if was right there to touch and hold it for 5 minutes but that isn't working for me and when I stare at an object and close my eyes I see something but I pretty sure that is the after image from certain retinal cells using to much of a color.  U know this because the colors are inverted.  like I said I can daydream like crazy but when it comes to putting an image in my minds eye and holding it's completely different.  I haven't got much help on it either from my last emai either.  I'm using the pictures in the hells army training manual on jos.

DrewHail Satan!
On Aug 26, 2010, at 13:26, "Mike Lawry" <free.warwolf@... wrote:
  I find that the more and more I work through the beginning meditations that there is so much emphasis on visualization. However, I'm finding that I'm not able to visualize through imagery in my head but rather thoughts of what I should be seeing in said imagery - does that make sense? Does the fact that I am not 'seeing' what I should be visualizing mean that I cannot acheive the desired end result?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Well that makes me think... I once had a room mate, asinine as he was who believed in the law of attraction... After careful review, I've determined that this is (probably) another form of magick. Now, as for your problems, don't worry if you can't get it right the first time! Sometimes these things simply take effort. With some practice, you'll get where you need to go, I assure you! Good luck in your future endeavors and whatever you do, never lose heart! Ave Satanus!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back