Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

To the occult through games

siguard666

This may be an off-topic, however, I find it a bit meaningfull. If you find it meaningless - skip it.

Mere curiosity - how may of you got here because you were fascinated by a fantasy world? (I know that astral and upper/lower planes are NOT fantasy)

As for me, it all started with... negation, necromancy that is. I was fascinated with the possibility of raising armies of dead corpses. Well, I knew that this was only fantasy, but later on, I started to surf the net and... what seemed to be a pure imaginiation turned out to be a bit real. Not the 'raising armies' possibility, but the communication with the dead, drawing the death essence from the nether realm and so forth.

Demonology... it wasn't my favourite domain of magick, but it was also connected with something FORBIDDEN (again, I used to think that way THEN).

Later on came my friend, telling me about the OCCULT ARTS, not just fantasy stuff. Day after day I was discovering new ideas on harnessing the energy, how it can be used and so forth - but the most important thing - that it CAN be harnessed. Oh and that Gods, be it benevolent or malevolent, are REAL (not like some orders think - archetypal).

HAIL LUCIFER AND THE GODS OF THE OLD!!

I'm glad you brought this up. Many have, I believe, been introduced to the occult through fantasy and related things. That is a huge reason why xtianity condemns it. It is not a problem, so long as one does not become totally immersed in fantasy to the point where he/she ignores the fact that we also live right here, on this world, and must deal with what is termed "real" life as well.

Look at the hue and cry that xtian fundamentalists created over the Star Wars and Star Trek movies, for instance (and still do; some of it is still on the Internet and it's hilarious!). Yet these movies, especially Star Wars, with it's theme of The Force, resulted in many people coming to realize that there is a much larger universe out there than they were forced to believe--larger in the sense of there being much, much more to it, much more to learn than the "official party line." Hence the barrage of disagreeable noises from the fundamentalist community about these "demon-inspired occult movies". (That, incidentally, was the exact wording of one Jehovah's Witness publication in reaction to one of the Star Wars movies.)

Ditto for role-playing games. You might be too young to remember it, but the game Dungeons and Dragons elicited the same ridiculous reaction along with all other role-playing games that followed.

People need a healthy 'fantasy life' -- it actually helps us stay grounded, paradoxical though that sounds. As I mentioned above, if our lives become totally immersed in the fantasy at the expense of living in the real world, then a problem emerges, but that doesn't happen overnight anyway and in many cases one can see for him/herself whether they are starting to go overboard as it were and pull back a bit.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@... wrote:

This may be an off-topic, however, I find it a bit meaningfull. If you find it meaningless - skip it.

Mere curiosity - how may of you got here because you were fascinated by a fantasy world? (I know that astral and upper/lower planes are NOT fantasy)

As for me, it all started with... negation, necromancy that is. I was fascinated with the possibility of raising armies of dead corpses. Well, I knew that this was only fantasy, but later on, I started to surf the net and... what seemed to be a pure imaginiation turned out to be a bit real. Not the 'raising armies' possibility, but the communication with the dead, drawing the death essence from the nether realm and so forth.

Demonology... it wasn't my favourite domain of magick, but it was also connected with something FORBIDDEN (again, I used to think that way THEN).

Later on came my friend, telling me about the OCCULT ARTS, not just fantasy stuff. Day after day I was discovering new ideas on harnessing the energy, how it can be used and so forth - but the most important thing - that it CAN be harnessed. Oh and that Gods, be it benevolent or malevolent, are REAL (not like some orders think - archetypal).

There was so much dirt - I was afraid that this topic might be one of them - thanks for your support chalchiuhnenetzin:)

Heh, yes The Force... Vril/Prana.

The universe larger than ours - the Inner Realm of the psyche. To be honest I've never perceived the Force this way, that is until I began reading the book "Vril".

You mean D&D on pc or RPG such as WFRP? I'm not too young to remember the early Baldur saga. And by the way, I'm not so young:p 22 in a month, to be precise:p

Fantasy, needed to ground us? Paradoxical, but VERY true. The point was, the more I sought what I thought was fantasy (on the necromancy), the more I was lost, for NOW I know that the occult arts ARE true/real, yet it all seemed extremely confusing THEN... aura, death energy, cursing... etc.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "chalchiuhnenetzin" <jaguarcat2002@... wrote:

I'm glad you brought this up. Many have, I believe, been introduced to the occult through fantasy and related things. That is a huge reason why xtianity condemns it. It is not a problem, so long as one does not become totally immersed in fantasy to the point where he/she ignores the fact that we also live right here, on this world, and must deal with what is termed "real" life as well.

Look at the hue and cry that xtian fundamentalists created over the Star Wars and Star Trek movies, for instance (and still do; some of it is still on the Internet and it's hilarious!). Yet these movies, especially Star Wars, with it's theme of The Force, resulted in many people coming to realize that there is a much larger universe out there than they were forced to believe--larger in the sense of there being much, much more to it, much more to learn than the "official party line." Hence the barrage of disagreeable noises from the fundamentalist community about these "demon-inspired occult movies". (That, incidentally, was the exact wording of one Jehovah's Witness publication in reaction to one of the Star Wars movies.)

Ditto for role-playing games. You might be too young to remember it, but the game Dungeons and Dragons elicited the same ridiculous reaction along with all other role-playing games that followed.

People need a healthy 'fantasy life' -- it actually helps us stay grounded, paradoxical though that sounds. As I mentioned above, if our lives become totally immersed in the fantasy at the expense of living in the real world, then a problem emerges, but that doesn't happen overnight anyway and in many cases one can see for him/herself whether they are starting to go overboard as it were and pull back a bit.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@ wrote:

Personally, I always wanted to be a Sith Lord haha ;)

-Dominic Wolfheart
HS/HL
--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@... wrote:

I mean seriousli I haven't seen any posts for a long time and mi posts arent even showing up. Is yahoo playing games or something? High Priestess Maxine should rerally take a look into this because it isn't funny.                                                                                                                                                                   &n bsp; HAIL SATAN ALWAIZ                                                                                                                                                                   &n bsp;                  TRACE WESTIN

To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:42:50 AM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: To the occult through games

--- In JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "siguard666" <siguard666@ ... wrote:

Demonology.. . it wasn't my favourite domain of magick, but it was also connected with something FORBIDDEN (again, I used to think that way THEN).

Later on
came my friend, telling me about the OCCULT ARTS, not just fantasy stuff. Day after day I was discovering new ideas on harnessing the energy, how it can be used and so forth - but the most important thing - that it CAN be harnessed. Oh and that Gods, be it benevolent or malevolent, are REAL (not like some orders think - archetypal).

Interesting. I do see your point but I wasn't really drawn to Satan that way. My first memory of Satan occured at age 6 - back when mom had just divorced dad and we had just moved into a new area. Aniwaiz desperate 4 friendz I guess mom met some cultish type christian lady who invited mom to some christian meeting in this apartment so naturalli I went along. The food waz bad the music waz worse - honestli those stupid xians sang so loud and so long I wanted 2 cry. Later the lady got to the talking part and she mentioned Satan and I thought it weird how everyone hated Satan so I told mom I wanted 2 b Satan's friend.  I honestli felt drawn 2 Satan then even when I waz 2 young 2 understand. Naturally that didn't go over well and the meeting was about to become more of a freakshow then it already was as the lady screamed  I was infested by the devil or something like that and wanted 2 do exorcisim on mi ... sigh christians can be so uh scary. Yet while mom didnt approve of what I said mom wasnt about 2 let mi get tortutred by a group of freaks so mom got mi right outta there. Those freaks banned us 4 life ... you cant imagine how happy I was to hear that. Leave church and you will grow.                                                                                                                                            HAIL SATAN ALWAIZ                                                                                                                                             TRACE WESTIN

Demonology.. . it wasn't my favourite domain of magick, but it was also connected with something FORBIDDEN (again, I used to think that way THEN).

Later on
came my friend, telling me about the OCCULT ARTS, not just fantasy stuff. Day after day I was discovering new ideas on harnessing the energy, how it can be used and so forth - but the most important thing - that it CAN be harnessed. Oh and that Gods, be it benevolent or malevolent, are REAL (not like some orders think - archetypal).

whats roung?
go with the flow.....
just be yourself???
nahh f u too....

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], nicole bynes <alavigne1691@... wrote:

I mean seriousli I haven't seen any posts for a long time and mi posts arent even showing up. Is yahoo playing games or something? High Priestess Maxine should rerally take a look into this because it isn't funny.

HAIL SATAN ALWAIZ

TRACE WESTIN

I actually came into Satanism basically by watching Dragon Ball Z a little bit when I was like 10. Probably because of that I started looking up ki and meditation and stuff like that a few years later and eventually found the "Joy of Satan" site.

True, true. I was kind of the opposite as well. I grew up in a house that believed in ghosts, aliens and demons. My great grandmother used to read tea leaves and tarot cards as well. Paradoxically, my household was also Mormon. My family never question whether or not magic was real, they just thought it was evil to use. I was actually drawn to fantasy for my love of magic, not the other way around.

I was also very drawn to Satan at a young age. Without going into to much detail lets just say that I sympathized with Satan and felt sad that he was made into such a monster when (to my young eyes) all he wanted and needed was love. Love from his brothers and sisters (as Mormonism teaches that we were all angels in heaven, and that all angels are brothers and sisters.) I would cry for him to.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], nicole bynes <alavigne1691@... wrote:

Interesting. I do see your point but I wasn't really drawn to Satan that way. My first memory of Satan occured at age 6 - back when mom had just divorced dad and we had just moved into a new area. Aniwaiz desperate 4 friendz I guess mom met some cultish type christian lady who invited mom to some christian meeting in this apartment so naturalli I went along. The food waz bad the music waz worse - honestli those stupid xians sang so loud and so long I wanted 2 cry. Later the lady got to the talking part and she mentioned Satan and I thought it weird how everyone hated Satan so I told mom I wanted 2 b Satan's friend.  I honestli felt drawn 2 Satan then even when I waz 2 young 2 understand.
Naturally that didn't go over well and the meeting was about to become more of a freakshow then it already was as the lady screamed  I was infested by the devil or something like that and wanted 2 do exorcisim on mi ... sigh christians can be so uh scary. Yet while mom didnt approve of what I said mom wasnt about 2 let mi get tortutred by a group of freaks so mom got mi right outta there. Those freaks banned us 4 life ... you cant imagine how happy I was to hear that. Leave church and you will grow.

HAIL SATAN ALWAIZ

TRACE WESTIN

Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2009 7:50:03 PM
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Re: To the occult through games

Interesting. I do see your point but I wasn't really drawn to Satan that way. My first memory of Satan occured at age 6 - back when mom had just divorced dad and we had just moved into a new area. Aniwaiz desperate 4 friendz I guess mom met some cultish type christian lady who invited mom to some christian meeting in this apartment so naturalli I went along. The food waz bad the music waz worse - honestli those stupid xians sang so loud and so long I wanted 2 cry. Later the lady got to the talking part and she mentioned Satan and I thought it weird how everyone hated Satan so I told mom I wanted 2 b Satan's friend.  I honestli felt drawn 2 Satan then even when I waz 2 young 2 understand. Naturally that didn't go over well and the meeting was about to become more of a freakshow then it already was as the lady screamed  I was infested by the devil or something like that and wanted 2 do exorcisim on mi ... sigh christians can be so uh scary. Yet while mom didnt approve of what I said mom wasnt about 2 let mi get tortutred by a group of freaks so mom got mi right outta there. Those freaks banned us 4 life ... you cant imagine how happy I was to hear that. Leave church and you will grow.                                                                                                                                            HAIL SATAN ALWAIZ                                                                                                                                             TRACE WESTIN

To: JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com

Later on

The way I came to Satan will probably seem pretty odd to a lot of you. I've played and beat the SNES game, "Super Ghouls n' Ghosts" where the antagonists included demons. One day, I was curious about the underlying theme of the game and I researched it. This pointed me towards demons which then quickly led me to Joy of Satan. Thinking about it makes me feel kind of uncomfortable, since it would seem to me that the game is blasphemous.

Other than that, I've pretty much always enjoyed fantasy. I also always found it suspicious how the bible forbade magic. Not to mention, I would get those "weird thoughts" regarding Satan or the demons.

Xianity's hold on me was a rather brittle one from the beginning because of a certain inner defiant rebelliousness I had. My natural anti-authoritarianism and perhaps the demons eventually led me to thoroughly trash my Christian belief system with a vengeance. It was rather interesting though when I realized how extreme my anti-authoritarianism really was though. I was so resentful of having a "boss" that I actually felt an emotional clash concerning accepting Satan as a superior, even though I knew Satanism was the right way. I did manage to tame my wildness however and made peace with the concept. Satan is, after all, a respectable and honorable leader. Although, the beast has not been killed so to speak! I don't really think that part of me will disappear.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back