Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Thoughts and reality

mandy_moo923

Here's a loop I get stuck in a lot, anyone else deal with this?

I dwell on a negative thing that I am afraid of; understanding that my thoughts create reality, I try to gain confidence and "fix" my thought, now I'm dwelling on the fact that I've created the negative thought and I cant take it back, which makes me believe that I'm going to create the situation which then gives me more fuel to dwell on the negative thought; which I seem to be running away from at every point. My brain tells me that once I made the thought, energy is directed and I can't stop it.. so it's like a constant loops of:
--Everything's great
-It's all going to shit
--Woah wtf no everything is super great!
-Well now you had that thought
-It's over now
-You can't take it back
-It's going to happen
-You're fucked
--Woah what I swear everything's fine
-But look how many bad thoughts you've had
-There's more bad than good
-You're thinking about it
--Stop Everything's great
-You're fucked
And at this point I start just void meditating to silence the loop.
You can make this about someone dying or anything possibly negative.

This has been happening daily, I hardly function outside of what goes on in my head.

How can I make this stop PERMANENTLY?!?

I'm going insane :)

Hail Satan

Learn to immediately shut down any negative thoughts that's popping up on your head.
Because really, building up your energy and not being able to control your thoughts is a waste of time.
In my own experience i found extending the time(30mins) of void meditation to be extremely helpful.
I suggest if you lack time just focus on the here and now(whatever you're doing, could be reading, listening to the music) and you'll benefit from this.
Don't forget to do your AC and AOP twice or several times a day.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have been void meditating every day for 3years almost every moment of the day. Like Mercuryvirgo said, you must shut down any negative thought asap.
Most of the time the ''useful'' thought that comes to my mind aren't really a dialogue. 

So whenever there's a mental dialogue happening and I am not enjoying it, I shut it off.
So yeah most of the time my head is filled with sentences cut in half because I decide they're just useless.
And then after some time it's just void.

I see it like cool water(Void) at first it feels ''cold'' and ''uncomfortable'' 
(since most people are constantly bathing in inner self-chattering). And then it gets better and better.
Where you feel a sense of lightness and all mental dialogue becomes secondary like it's not really needed 
since anyway you don't really need it to understand yourself.

Then thoughts arise but you make the decision to sublimate them more efficiently since you know they are not essential.
With this kind of ''diet'',it really gets easy to quickly notice any bad thought and your mind start to be filled with more ''gut feelings'' and intuition since you are making your mind align with yourself/ your soul and what is positive for you. The real You and not a bunch of agglomerated thoughtforms and hangups. :) 

It will always be a possibility to be overthinking negatively (overthinking in itself is almost never good) but when you have the tools to make it stop. Well, applying these tools permanently will result in stopping this.
Also, remember mostly everyone who are without do this. When walking through everyday life you encounter 
people and some may create ties with you. Whatever the situation Void meditation is gold.☼
Hope this could help a bit. :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back