Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

"The Satanic Rituals" by Anton Szandor LaVey

[email protected]

My brother threw this book at me last night when I was sleeping haha. It's called The Satanic Rituals, Companion to The Satanic Bible. by Anton Szandor LaVey. Anyone have any experience with this book or is it just bullshit? I haven't even opened it yet but I'm expecting it to be mostly false information.

LaVey=bullshit
Crowley=most likely more bullshit
Anything not on the site or from a TRUE HP is probably bull. Demons excluded; they're trusted =p

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "nickpiserchia@..." <nickpiserchia@... wrote:

My brother threw this book at me last night when I was sleeping haha. It's called The Satanic Rituals, Companion to The Satanic Bible. by Anton Szandor LaVey. Anyone have any experience with this book or is it just bullshit? I haven't even opened it yet but I'm expecting it to be mostly false information.

Hail Father Satan!! it is crap! JoS does not follow Lavey teachings.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "nickpiserchia@..." <nickpiserchia@... wrote:

I found it to be bull. That was many years ago. Read it if you desire, the only thing useful you'll get from it is a bit more understanding of how Laveyians think.

Hail Satan------------------From: "nickpiserchia@..." <nickpiserchia@... Sender: [email protected] Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:57:49 -0000To: <[email protected]ReplyTo: [email protected] Subject: [JoyofSatan666] "The Satanic Rituals" by Anton Szandor LaVey

LaVey just made up a bunch of ideas of his own after joining the circus and being witness to their saturday revivals and church programs. He became cynical of religion in general, thus forming the basis of his beliefs. Later one of the associates told him that he had the basis for a religion. And so the "church of satan" was born. :p
Anton himself states that his beliefs have no spiritual or supernatural influence, the information is not from spirits, therefore- the entire religion is just a bunch of his own ideas.

Crowley does a bit better. Crowley did communicate with spirits, and he did bring in relevant information. However, there is a danger is mixing truth with lies, with him.
I communicate directly with my guide, and he has told me that Crowley's first four books were based on information that he received from the spirits. However, after this he distanced himself from those spirits because he started thinking he was greater than them, and as such he did not respect them. So, after this, he lost his connection and all the books he wrote henceforth are from his own mind, which grew increasingly more dulusional as his life went on.
There are still bits and peices of truth after, based on information he received before losing the connection. However, it is all laced heavily with delusion and deceit.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Exar" <exarkuun1991@... wrote:

LaVey=bullshit
Anything not on the site or from a TRUE HP is probably bull. Demons excluded; they're trusted =p

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "nickpiserchia@" <nickpiserchia@ wrote:

I read that book many years ago while I was still in my teens. Yes, it is primarily bullshit but there is one point that needs to be brought up regarding his so called Le Misse Noir.
The 'Misse Noir' is essentially a watered down version of the Missa Solemnis written in 1970 by a former Roman catholic priest turned Satanist named Wayne Forrest West. Mr. West was promoted up the ranks of the Church Of Satan and became the head of organizing in the Detroit, Michigan area. When Mr. West dissolved the Babylon Grotto in Detroit, LaVey fired off a scathing excommunication against him. Mr. West went as a solo/'spin off' Satanist for some years afterward. (As a side note, it is my belief that Rev. West was one of the only, if not THE only, person ever excommunicated both from the Roman catholic church and the C.O.S. as a priest in both organizations)
I have used the format of his original Missa Solemnis in many magickal workings and more than half of them have worked to one degree or another. Although I never got to meet or communicate directly w/ Mr. West, his Missa Solemnis (as well as the very few fragments that I have found of his other writings) have influenced me greatly over the years/decades.
Hail Satan!
John.

<td val[/IMG]What where Crowleys first four books? I have some of his works and just wanted to know if any are salvageable,or just a waste of room in my library.Thanks!
Hail Satan!
Brian.
--- On Sat, 10/23/10, stetonb <stetonb@... wrote:
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: "The Satanic Rituals" by Anton Szandor LaVey
To: [email protected]
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 6:23 PM

LaVey just made up a bunch of ideas of his own after joining the circus and being witness to their saturday revivals and church programs. He became cynical of religion in general, thus forming the basis of his beliefs. Later one of the associates told him that he had the basis for a religion. And so the "church of satan" was born. :p
Anton himself states that his beliefs have no spiritual or supernatural influence, the information is not from spirits, therefore- the entire religion is just a bunch of his own ideas.

Crowley does a bit better. Crowley did communicate with spirits, and he did bring in relevant information. However, there is a danger is mixing truth with lies, with him.
I communicate directly with my guide, and he has told me that Crowley's first four books were based on information that he received from the spirits. However, after this he distanced himself from those spirits because he started thinking he was greater than them, and as such he did not respect them. So, after this, he lost his connection and all the books he wrote henceforth are from his own mind, which grew increasingly more dulusional as his life went on.
There are still bits and peices of truth after, based on information he received before losing the connection. However, it is all laced heavily with delusion and deceit.

--- [/IMG][email protected], "Exar" <exarkuun1991@... wrote:

LaVey=bullshit

--- [/IMG][email protected], "nickpiserchia@" <nickpiserchia@ wrote:

[/TD]

i also read the satanic bible and thought it was the most boring piece of shit i ever read. u're free to read whatever u want but if ur not a spiritual satanist (believe satan is a spirit not a symbol)i urge u too read more of the jos website.otherwise welcome brother and may satan guide u on ur journey.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], mia_motherofone_daughterofnone@... wrote:

I found it to be bull. That was many years ago. Read it if you desire, the only thing useful you'll get from it is a bit more understanding of how Laveyians think.

Hail Satan
------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sender: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:57:49
To: <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Reply-To: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] "The Satanic Rituals" by Anton Szandor LaVey

<td val[/IMG]Sorry about the length of this reply, but this crap pisses me off to no end.   Most non-Satanist preceptions about it being a devil-worshipping blood and sacrifice fest were propogated by stupid people taking Crowley's books at face value. In my opinion he was a violent idiot obsessed with black robes and scaring people for the sake of just that. A psychopath that attracted those who wanted 'dark powers' for the sake of just that, having spooky powers. Book of Rituals? Dude was deluded, to say the least, and creepy as hell (I've read most of it- and was not impressed. His rituals were hideously complicated, convoluted, and the objective was typically black magic that felt very juvenile and pathetic). Fucking moron. Anton LeVay I have problems with because of exaactly what the aforementioned guy said- his doctrine was not from any so called 'higher power', but from his own opinions. Which doesnt make it a religion, just advice- and when taken and read in that light, he does have some good advice, like empowering yourself. These two aren't the only ones out there that did this, if you get on Amazon.com and look up anything related to Crowley or LeVay, you get a multitude of books written and published obviously to make a quick buck. These include those books with authors that use some penname better used in a fantasy novel, or those whose book is advertised as 'book of rituals to destroy your enemies!' or other such nonsense. Rituals are personal, created by the summoner, what works for me won't likely work for you, necessarily. Fact is, Satanism gets a bad rap because of people like these, those who write and publish idiotic things, and then feed the impressionable masses their opinions as fact. On the other hand, both of the people mentioned are considered a kind of founding father to Satanism today... My suggestion is, read them for yourself and make your own decisions, independent verification and deciding what truth is for yourself is a big part of being Satanist- and, by the way, is generally good advice.

--- On Sat, 10/23/10, Brian Gibbons <briangibbons20@... wrote:
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Re: "The Satanic Rituals" by Anton Szandor LaVey
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 11:01 PM

<td vAl[/IMG]What where Crowleys first four books? I have some of his works and just wanted to know if any are salvageable,or just a waste of room in my library.Thanks!
Hail Satan!
Brian.
--- On Sat, 10/23/10, stetonb <stetonb@... wrote:
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: "The Satanic Rituals" by Anton Szandor LaVey
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 6:23 PM

--- [/IMG][email protected], "Exar" <exarkuun1991@... wrote:

LaVey=bullshit

--- [/IMG][email protected], "nickpiserchia@" <nickpiserchia@ wrote:

[/TD]
<a rel="nofollow" style="PADD[/IMG][/url] Sw[/IMG]
[/TD]

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back