Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

The art of war

SSJacob

Sun tzu and the art of war, is a great strategist and read about this and understand it can help in becoming a great strategist, is possible that Hitler and the generals respect the art of war, but for example gengis Khan was not adept of this strategys, at least some of them like keep the soldiers that survive alive, and gengis went on the greatest campaign in history, so art of war maybe is the most ethical way if fighting but maybe not the most effective, but I don't understand it so well

The philosophy of makiaveli the prince, conjuncting with the one from sun tzu maybe can make a good general, whatever

Sun Tzu is my favorite military strategist, I literally "worship" this guy, and have an entire altar filled with pictures of him and a bunch of other Chinese immortals and emperors and throw toasts to these Oriental Souls every Chinese New Year, even though I'm not Chinese, as for the Mongols - Subutai is probably the best strategist in the Mongol Army.

Never heard about subutai, I don't doubt your word, but if he has done something out of the ordinary like gengis khan did, maybe more people would know about him also?

Sun tzu and the art of war, is a great strategist and read about this and understand it can help in becoming a great strategist, is possible that Hitler and the generals respect the art of war, but for example gengis Khan was not adept of this strategys, at least some of them like keep the soldiers that survive alive, and gengis went on the greatest campaign in history, so art of war maybe is the most ethical way if fighting but maybe not the most effective, but I don't understand it so well
In order to survive among modern politicians and in dirty political games, especially at the interstate level, the wisdom of a Chinese philosopher may be useless, and then the philosophy of Nicolo Machiavelli comes to the rescue, who was a master of intrigue, underhand games.

I think you need to be able to be guided by different philosophical military doctrines and be able to apply them at the right time.

Niccolo Machiavelli's philosophy can help to be able to recognize a knife in the back and uncover undercover political intrigues, i.e., roughly speaking, save your life, or uncover the conspirators.

Niccolo Machiavelli's philosophy can be used both to defend against political intrigues and dirty games, and to attack, so that with the help of these intrigues and dirty games you can bring down an opponent who is stronger than you in terms of resources, for example, if you do not have such a strong state (in terms of army and resources) as with your opponent (enemy), in such cases, a coup d'etat can bring victory, or the promotion of a loyal candidate in the presidential election who is loyal to your country.

In order to survive among modern politicians and in dirty political games, especially at the interstate level, the wisdom of a Chinese philosopher may be useless, and then the philosophy of Nicolo Machiavelli comes to the rescue, who was a master of intrigue, underhand games.

I think you need to be able to be guided by different philosophical military doctrines and be able to apply them at the right time.

Niccolo Machiavelli's philosophy can help to be able to recognize a knife in the back and uncover undercover political intrigues, i.e., roughly speaking, save your life, or uncover the conspirators.

Niccolo Machiavelli's philosophy can be used both to defend against political intrigues and dirty games, and to attack, so that with the help of these intrigues and dirty games you can bring down an opponent who is stronger than you in terms of resources, for example, if you do not have such a strong state (in terms of army and resources) as with your opponent (enemy), in such cases, a coup d'etat can bring victory, or the promotion of a loyal candidate in the presidential election who is loyal to your country.
Thank you so much for the answer.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back