Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

The 9th Gate

siguard666

The film may be considered Satanic, 'ours', but in fact it is presented in a xian way... strange, isn't it...

There are the books with a pentacle (not a pentagram), which are supposed to imbue (so to say) the invoker with the/a Satanic power. And here is the point, which is typical of xianity perceiving Satanism, for as we all know, it is they that consider US to be life-denying (as Balkan, the book collector says 'erase me from the book of the living, and sign me in to the black book of the dead'). Also, Balkan can be considered as Theistic Satanist, don't you think? He believes that his Dark Master is real, whereas the Order of the Silver Serpent is just a group of snobbish people, taking part in sexual orgies - this I'd ascribe to LaVeyans.

Well, what are your opinions on that movie? Any criticism welcomed, be it pos or neg.

HAIL LUCIFER AND THE GODS OF THE OLD!

lol.....this movie has been discussed often here.

I happen to ADORE the movie and own a copy.

As for the xtian viewpoint.....I don't see it.....

For one thing Satan chooses Corso, who at first is a complete non-believer.

There are two Theistic Satanists....the old lady Telfer? Balkan...

In the book the "girl" is skinny, green eyed with short brown hair, not the blonde beauty in the movie. I wonder if Roman Polanski did that on purpose, as Satan is blonde.

Interesting how Satan can appear in male or female form in the movie.

I always figured the girl was a guardian daimon....but now I don't know.
It all depends on the viewer.

I like how in the story it is portrayed that man will do ANYTHING in the end to have POWER. What they perceive as power.
Kill, lie, steal....all for complete power.

I see now how you put that into a christian concept...but I think it is a HUMAN condition....a human fact.

Satan IMO does embody us a species...he is our creator.

And I also like how in the story,...one must come to Satan on HIS CHOOSING.

Why do you think Satan chose Corso?

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@... wrote:

The film may be considered Satanic, 'ours', but in fact it is presented in a xian way... strange, isn't it...

There are the books with a pentacle (not a pentagram), which are supposed to imbue (so to say) the invoker with the/a Satanic power. And here is the point, which is typical of xianity perceiving Satanism, for as we all know, it is they that consider US to be life-denying (as Balkan, the book collector says 'erase me from the book of the living, and sign me in to the black book of the dead'). Also, Balkan can be considered as Theistic Satanist, don't you think? He believes that his Dark Master is real, whereas the Order of the Silver Serpent is just a group of snobbish people, taking part in sexual orgies - this I'd ascribe to LaVeyans.

Well, what are your opinions on that movie? Any criticism welcomed, be it pos or neg.

Great movie. One of my all time favorites. I'm convinced it is ONA influenced. Read their Quintet and you'll find that the movie mirrors it's stories heavily. Even some of the names are the same.

HS/88!!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Monie" <hecatemother@... wrote:

In the book the "girl" is skinny, green eyed with short brown hair, not the blonde beauty in the movie. I wonder if Roman Polanski did that on purpose, as Satan is blonde.

I like how in the story it is portrayed that man will do ANYTHING in the end to have POWER. What they perceive as power.

I see now how you put that into a christian concept...but I think it is a HUMAN condition....a human fact.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@ wrote:

The Ninth Gate is definitely not xian. Its clearly Satanic, if you understand the "symbolism" of it all. I also saw the woman as his Gaurdian, although many people see her as Satan. It makes more sense for her to be a Gaurdian.   Its my favorite movie, really Satanic and eye opening. In my opinion, the movie is saying that only from Satan himself can you get true Power, and those who are simply selfish and try to use Satan for their own purposes will soon meet with disaster. This is very true, indeed.   Hail Lord Satan!!

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:02:04 AM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: The 9th Gate

As for the xtian viewpoint.... ..I don't see it.....

There are two Theistic Satanists... .the old lady Telfer? Balkan...

I see now how you put that into a christian concept...but I think it is a HUMAN condition.... .a human fact.

--- In JoyofS666@yahoogrou ps.com, "siguard666" <siguard666@ ... wrote:

The film may be considered Satanic, 'ours', but in fact it is presented in a xian way.... strange, isn't it...

Yeah, I really like it too! It's cool.
----- Original Message ----- From: magister.willard To: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:49 PM Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: The 9th Gate
Great movie. One of my all time favorites. I'm convinced it is ONA influenced. Read their Quintet and you'll find that the movie mirrors it's stories heavily. Even some of the names are the same.

HS/88!!

--- In JoyofSatan666@ yahoogroups. com, "Monie" <hecatemother@ ... wrote:

As for the xtian viewpoint... ..I don't see it.....

There are two Theistic Satanists... .the old lady Telfer? Balkan...

I see now how you put that into a christian concept...but I think it is a HUMAN condition... .a human fact.

--- In JoyofS666@yahoogrou ps.com, "siguard666" <siguard666@ wrote:

Yes, this is a great movie. It definitely has sort of a Nazi-like theme to it, especially in the play "Club Dumas" or something like that where Baroness Kessler was looking at herself in an old paper standing next to two SS men. I do recognize that ONA feel to it for sure, as does my partner.

It's unfortunate that Roman Polanski is a Jew. That blond woman in the movie is his wife in real life. Something interesting, though, is that, if I'm not mistaken, he was allied with the Church of Satan way back in the day and I think his wife at the time (can't remember her name) was part of the "Manson Family." On the day that LaVey put a heavy curse on the hippie movement, the "Manson" murders took place.

I'm not sure if Satan himself made an appearance in the movie, but I do know that "The Girl" was supposed to be Astaroth. At the end, after Corso sort of achieved the Magnum Opus, if you will, the final engraving had "The Girl" riding the Dragon with multiple heads. This is a depiction of Ishtar's "The Whore of Babylon." Of course the beast and all that garbage is the enemy's depiction and propaganda, but The Ninth Gate and the engravings, plus the way the movie paces and accelerates, along with the strange music is incredible. The Twins that match the Gemini engraving in the Kingdom of Shadows book is beyond creepy, or should I say "cute," or should I say intriguing, or should I say all of the above, lol!

Corso was chosen because he was humble, modest, and noble, unlike the others. He sought the power through necessary means and let his natural instincts kick in that he didn't even know he had. As a rare book dealer, he was fine-tuned to how he has to deal with the world and how skeptical the spiritual life makes him feel and yet it was his inner self that caused Satan to choose him.

I think that every Spiritual Satanist should own a copy of The Ninth Gate. It is very inexpensive and can be found on www.amazon.com

666/88!!

High Priest Jake Carlson
http://www.joyofsatan.com

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Monie" <hecatemother@... wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@ wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "siguard666" <siguard666@... wrote:

One of my favorites !!
I rather get the impression Corso is "chosen" & a GD is sent to
help him (always present at the most dangerous moments)
Din t Balcan GET exatly what he asked for ????
AVE SATANAS

i think downloading this movie from torrent would be free.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM, hammerofthegods_666 <hammerofthegods_666@... wrote:
Yes, this is a great movie. It definitely has sort of a Nazi-like theme to it, especially in the play "Club Dumas" or something like that where Baroness Kessler was looking at herself in an old paper standing next to two SS men. I do recognize that ONA feel to it for sure, as does my partner.

It's unfortunate that Roman Polanski is a Jew. That blond woman in the movie is his wife in real life. Something interesting, though, is that, if I'm not mistaken, he was allied with the Church of Satan way back in the day and I think his wife at the time (can't remember her name) was part of the "Manson Family." On the day that LaVey put a heavy curse on the hippie movement, the "Manson" murders took place.

I'm not sure if Satan himself made an appearance in the movie, but I do know that "The Girl" was supposed to be Astaroth. At the end, after Corso sort of achieved the Magnum Opus, if you will, the final engraving had "The Girl" riding the Dragon with multiple heads. This is a depiction of Ishtar's "The Whore of Babylon." Of course the beast and all that garbage is the enemy's depiction and propaganda, but The Ninth Gate and the engravings, plus the way the movie paces and accelerates, along with the strange music is incredible. The Twins that match the Gemini engraving in the Kingdom of Shadows book is beyond creepy, or should I say "cute," or should I say intriguing, or should I say all of the above, lol!

Corso was chosen because he was humble, modest, and noble, unlike the others. He sought the power through necessary means and let his natural instincts kick in that he didn't even know he had. As a rare book dealer, he was fine-tuned to how he has to deal with the world and how skeptical the spiritual life makes him feel and yet it was his inner self that caused Satan to choose him.

I think that every Spiritual Satanist should own a copy of The Ninth Gate. It is very inexpensive and can be found on www.amazon.com

666/88!!

High Priest Jake Carlson
http://www.joyofsatan.com

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back