Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Tech Detox

kitmorey819

does anyone have tips on a sort of technology detox?

this is how far ive gotten: probably 4 days out of the week i just listen to music instead of tv. i TRY most of the time unsuccessfully to stay away from trash tv and if its not educational i like to watch cartoons to me taking care of my inner child is important but i know there are better ways of doing that besides tv. I will be switching my smart phone to a cheap $15 go phone after i save my pictures on the computer. i've started writing my friends and family letters but instead of writing back they txt me saying "hey got your letter!" im thinking noooo thats not how it works! LOL ( i would love to pen pal with one of you guys thats been on here awhile that i know for sure isnt an infiltrator. its a beautiful lost art )

What i need to work on: Facebook! I hate it but its been successful with networking and work. overuse of internet for no good reason.i want to spend more time outside but my husband usually refuses because he has a video game addiction its really sad he doesnt have any hobbies whatsoever. just like any other addiction it sucks you in and you dont notice anything else. he plays a soccer game which can also be played online with others and its a game that has no ending it could go on forever with no achievement. sometimes i cry wishing he could enjoy life. also i need to work on staying away from others addicted to txting and facebook. oh you want to hang out? text me! i tagged you in a pic on facebook go check it out! that gets me so frustrated! also over use of tv.
any tips you can give me is much appreciated and if any of you have gone through the same i love all the help you guys give!
HAIL SATAN!!!

Alright, I better preface this with the fact that I'm just a teenager, and that I recognize you know your situation better than I do. I'm writing this only because I don't see any replies to your post.
Your husband might not actually be addicted. (again, if his behavior is indicative enough of this, I take it back) He might just play games because they're a kind of escape from the stupidity of "normal" people. In fact, if he only plays that soccer game, it sounds like he might have a somewhat restricted taste in video games. I don't know what kind of person you are, but chances are there are one or a few genres of games you could really enjoy. I've been playing video games for years and I only experienced shooters. I finally got into slash-'em-ups and RPGs and I must say they are extremely fun.
Most, if not all, of TV is absolute shit; mostly just there to get its viewers to be emotional in some way or another. The only things I don't hate are documentaries, educational programs, and Doctor Who. Perhaps there's other stuff out there, but I never watched TV in the first place.
Remember, all the Facebooking, TV, Twitter, all that is just there to be in your face and distract you. Try to isolate yourself and enjoy the silence once in a while. (I prefer it a lot)
Anyways, not sure if you're a troll, but I figure I'm better safe than sorry. Hail Satan!

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:21 PM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Tech Detox

this is how far ive gotten: probably 4 days out of the week i just listen to music instead of tv. i TRY most of the time unsuccessfully to stay away from trash tv and if its not educational i like to watch cartoons to me taking care of my inner child is important but i know there are better ways of doing that besides tv. I will be switching my smart phone to a cheap $15 go phone after i save my pictures on the computer. i've started writing my friends and family letters but instead of writing back they txt me saying "hey got your letter!" im thinking noooo thats not how it works! LOL ( i would love to pen pal with one of you guys thats been on here awhile that i know for sure isnt an infiltrator. its a beautiful lost art )

What i need to work on: Facebook! I hate it but its been successful with networking and work. overuse of internet for no good reason.i want to spend more time outside but my husband usually refuses because he has a video game addiction its really sad he doesnt have any hobbies whatsoever. just like any other addiction it sucks you in and you dont notice anything else. he plays a soccer game which can also be played online with others and its a game that has no ending it could go on forever with no achievement. sometimes i cry wishing he could enjoy life. also i need to work on staying away from others addicted to txting and facebook. oh you want to hang out? text me! i tagged you in a pic on facebook go check it out! that gets me so frustrated! also over use of tv.
any tips you can give me is much appreciated and if any of you have gone through the same i love all the help you guys give!
HAIL SATAN!!!

People who play video games all the time are just bored and finding something to do with their free time. Like people who sit infront of the TV during all their free time. Video games are a hobby in that sense. We become what we do with ourselves in the time allowed to us by fate. The more personal time spent in spiritual practice and study of true knowledge the better one becomes.
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:55:51 PM
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Tech Detox
  Alright, I better preface this with the fact that I'm just a teenager, and that I recognize you know your situation better than I do. I'm writing this only because I don't see any replies to your post.
Your husband might not actually be addicted. (again, if his behavior is indicative enough of this, I take it back) He might just play games because they're a kind of escape from the stupidity of "normal" people. In fact, if he only plays that soccer game, it sounds like he might have a somewhat restricted taste in video games. I don't know what kind of person you are, but chances are there are one or a few genres of games you could really enjoy. I've been playing video games for years and I only experienced shooters. I finally got into slash-'em-ups and RPGs and I must say they are extremely fun.
Most, if not all, of TV is absolute shit; mostly just there to get its viewers to be emotional in some way or another. The only things I don't hate are documentaries, educational programs, and Doctor Who. Perhaps there's other stuff out there, but I never watched TV in the first place.
Remember, all the Facebooking, TV, Twitter, all that is just there to be in your face and distract you. Try to isolate yourself and enjoy the silence once in a while. (I prefer it a lot)
Anyways, not sure if you're a troll, but I figure I'm better safe than sorry. Hail Satan!

To: [email protected]
  does anyone have tips on a sort of technology detox? this is how far ive gotten: probably 4 days out of the week i just listen to music instead of tv. i TRY most of the time unsuccessfully to stay away from trash tv and if its not educational i like to watch cartoons to me taking care of my inner child is important but i know there are better ways of doing that besides tv. I will be switching my smart phone to a cheap $15 go phone after i save my pictures on the computer. i've started writing my friends and family letters but instead of writing back they txt me saying "hey got your letter!" im thinking noooo thats not how it works! LOL ( i would love to pen pal with one of you guys thats been on here awhile that i know for sure isnt an infiltrator. its a beautiful lost art ) What i need to work on: Facebook! I hate it but its been successful with networking and work. overuse of internet for no good reason.i want to spend more time outside but my husband usually refuses because he has a video game addiction its really sad he doesnt have any hobbies whatsoever. just like any other addiction it sucks you in and you dont notice anything else. he plays a soccer game which can also be played online with others and its a game that has no ending it could go on forever with no achievement. sometimes i cry wishing he could enjoy life. also i need to work on staying away from others addicted to txting and facebook. oh you want to hang out? text me! i tagged you in a pic on facebook go check it out! that gets me so frustrated! also over use of tv. any tips you can give me is much appreciated and if any of you have gone through the same i love all the help you guys give! HAIL SATAN!!!

Yup, one should decrease the time spent on playing games and devote more time to studying - by reading ebooks.

There are many websites offering free ebooks, e.g. scribd.com (that's semi-free, because one has to upload a file in order to download a book), not to mention the JoS files, but anyway, it takes time - and if it is productive, all the better ;)

Believe me, when you begin to feel the achievements in the game do not satisfy you, it's high time to neglect it and deal with the REAL life quest - the quest for immortality and might.

Siguard Draconis.

Satanas Via, Vera et Vita est.
Ave Satanas! Rege Satanas!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Don Danko <mageson6666@... wrote:

People who play video games all the time are just bored and finding something to do with their free time. Like people who sit infront of the TV during all their free time. Video games are a hobby in that sense.

We become what we do with ourselves in the time allowed to us by fate. The more personal time spent in spiritual practice and study of true knowledge the better one becomes.

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:55:51 PM
Subject: Re: [JoyofSatan666] Tech Detox

does anyone have tips on a sort of technology detox? this is how far ive gotten: probably 4 days out of the week i just listen to music instead of tv. i TRY most of the time unsuccessfully to stay away from trash tv and if its not educational i like to watch cartoons to me taking care of my inner child is important but i know there are better ways of doing that besides tv. I will be switching my smart phone to a cheap $15 go phone after i save my pictures on the computer. i've started writing my friends and family letters but instead of writing back they txt me saying "hey got your letter!" im thinking noooo thats not how it works! LOL ( i would love to pen pal with one of you guys thats been on here awhile that i know for sure isnt an infiltrator. its a beautiful lost art ) What i need to work on: Facebook! I hate it but its been successful with networking and work. overuse of internet for no good reason.i want to spend more time outside but my
husband usually refuses because he has a video game addiction its really sad he doesnt have any hobbies whatsoever. just like any other addiction it sucks you in and you dont notice anything else. he plays a soccer game which can also be played online with others and its a game that has no ending it could go on forever with no achievement. sometimes i cry wishing he could enjoy life. also i need to work on staying away from others addicted to txting and facebook. oh you want to hang out? text me! i tagged you in a pic on facebook go check it out! that gets me so frustrated! also over use of tv. any tips you can give me is much appreciated and if any of you have gone through the same i love all the help you guys give! HAIL SATAN!!!

Hey! :D
I feel like I am the perfect person to help you out hehe... I am sort of doing technology detoxification myself. :)

Soooo.... (let's go by topics ;) )

TELEVISION:
First of all, let me tell you that I, personally, never watch tv. I find it complete shit. The reason? All of it is a lie. The tv shows, the reality shows where people put on their best mask... These things make me disgusted, they make me wanna puke. So, just turn it off! It REALLY offers you absolutely nothing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8RwkNKIh6s -- this is a perfect example of what the tv is all about. xD (I love Foamy hehe)
Nevertheless, I love watching movies and cartoons... Cartoons (the Japanese ones especially) are my life! :) They got me into drawing and made me interested in creating comics on my own. I wouldn't say that "they are for children". No matter the scenario, they can always offer you something! :)

MUSIC:
If you want to listen to music, you could buy a cheap mp3 player, and you can copy music from the pc to your mp3 player. In that way, you won't need to sit at the pc or open the television. (mp3 players have radio as well)

COMPUTER AND GAMING:
Thaaat's the tough one. For me at least it was. You can find anything in the computer and time passes in a flash with all those funny images and... and.... kitten videos.... hahaha xD

So, my SOLUTION:
TIME LIMIT!! I put a time limit to the hours I sit at the pc. As I was sitting... almost 24/7, I put the limit of 4 hours per day. In those hours, I will open facebook (only twice) to check any messages etc, and I will also play this game that I like. I will check my email (which the messages from the groups are many many o: ) and then, I will still have some time left. So, what I do is, download a movie, or series that I find interesting (such as hmmmm.. FlashFoward, the Dollhouse, Dexter -I'm currently watching- and others) or I will download cartoons or read online comics. In those four hours. If the four hours pass but I am in the middle of a movie for example, then I will take note of how much "extra" time I needed, and then I will remove it from the following day (so instead of 4 hours, it could be 3,30 hours).

Now, I've realized that ever since I put that limit, I'm finding more and more things to do... More time to do meditations (and MUCH BETTER CONCENTRATION), more time to do my hobbies and enjoy them.
If you don't have any hobbies, then find some! :)
I like drawing and writing, so if you haven't tried that before, you could try it now! Try playing a music instrument, go for a walk, buy something that would make you happy... Enjoy life! :)

Also, something that I have noticed... ever since I started this 4 hours limit thing, if I need for some reason to sit more at the pc (for more than 5 hours for example), I will get dizzy after one point... This only shows how bad the computer can be for us, even if we don't realize it.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "kitmorey819" <kitmorey819@... wrote:

HAIL SATAN!!!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back