Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Smoking

Stormblood said:
Smite said:

If the main obstacle is around being courteous, then the friend/relative needs to be notified in advance that you have stopped drinking. Then, there should be no hard feelings when a drink is refused.

Instead of arguing whether 1 drink is acceptable or not, I reframe it as making a stand against alcohol in society. I want people to be positively influenced by me, and that influence would be diminished if I drank "responsibly". This is much easier to argue in favor of, rather than getting sucked into debating health specifics.

Those who struggle with drinking need to see that it is possible to go without it completely.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=342968 time=1649497287 user_id=21286]
Stormblood said:
Smite said:

If the main obstacle is around being courteous, then the friend/relative needs to be notified in advance that you have stopped drinking. Then, there should be no hard feelings when a drink is refused.

Instead of arguing whether 1 drink is acceptable or not, I reframe it as making a stand against alcohol in society. I want people to be positively influenced by me, and that influence would be diminished if I drank "responsibly". This is much easier to argue in favor of, rather than getting sucked into debating health specifics.

Those who struggle with drinking need to see that it is possible to go without it completely.

Multiple times when I still lived in Italy, people constantly questioned my choice, even if they knew in advance. My rugby team was the most annoying. Every time I went out, there was at least one of them who would insist for the whole duration of the social, and kept asking and asking and asking. I got so aggravated at continuously having to explain myself and rejecting that ultimately I decided it was not worth to spend any time with them.

It's also frowned upon to make a toast with water, apparently. My father always was like "at least put coca-cola in." Yeah, right, as if that's healthy (or even tasty at all) :lol: I have a sweet tooth but the amount of sugar in there is ridiculous, and I obviously know of everything else unhealthy about it.

Here in England, most people seem to just avoid you or ignore you if they know you don't drink. I met other teetotal guys who admitted they had to pretend they drink by making cocktails that looked like alcohol just to have some social time. The world is completely in reverse: you get excluded for making healthy choices, while harmful choices are social norms all around, not just in what you drink or eat, but also in how to interact with other. Like, for example, I saved quite a few people from suicide by actually caring about them (and for them), instead of pretending like most NPCs do and then being nowhere to be found when the situation becomes urgent/an emergency.

This is just telling my experience. It's not in anyway contesting your advice.

For those who still think there's no damage in a low to moderate intake of alcohol, here's some evidence. As usual, facts are worth more than personal opinion.

:arrow: "Alcohol use and the burden for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016", published in The Lancet in 2018;
:arrow: "Alcohol and the Human Brain: A Systematic Review of Different Neuroimaging Methods" published in Addiction Biology in 2013;
:arrow: "The Effects of Alcohol on Emotion in Social Drinkers" published in Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research in 2013;
:arrow: "Neuropsychiatric effects of alcohol," published in Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment in 2014;
:arrow: "Alcohol Consumption and Risk of Heart Failure: Meta-Analysis of 13 Studies," published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology in 2014.

All these medical studies and journals show the damages of alcohol even with low to moderate intake. Feel free to give them a read. Then you can also use the spiritual faculties on 100s/1000s of drinkers and report what you see. Years of experience seeing a pattern can be just as valuable as any medical study.

Like in fitness, I will always trust an Olympic coach with decades of experience training both children and adults (not to mention university-level knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics) to the fitness trainer/vlogger next door who took a certificate in a couple of weekends and evenings and no real knowledge of the human body. The latter, unfortunately and alarmingly so, represents 95% of the fitness population who can't even do a forearm plank or press-up/push-up with proper form.

Evidence is there to be find for about 99% of the non-necessarily spiritual things I claim. One just needs to be open and do their due diligence, rather than waiting for someone else to provide the claim. It's clear we live in a world where the enemy dominates and pollutes every industry from entertainment to fitness to nutrition and so on. Anything that is popular in modern culture is definitely corrupted and bears not even a 5% resemblance to what is healthy and Satanic, which is why defending habits and customs that come from modern culture is a pointless effort, as nature (through real science and spirituality) will always prove them toxic.

I do agree that alcohol is bad even in a low amount, my personal opinion doesn't really matter anyways, as you shown facts,
I just want to point out that nearly everything you eat and drink is poisoned. What does really matter is to live a happy and spiritual life of course with the least amount of toxic things preferably.

Many study shows on animals, that happiness/happy life can highly increase the durability against poisons.
Something like that they made 2 groups of animals, as for the one of the groups they give them freedom, they pet them, ect. The other group they did not pet them and they lived in a cage. Both group have been fed by poison. The first group that was petted, they were still healthy and the caged group died.

This shows that your way of living can protect you from these enemy made poisoned food, and poisoned everything.
This is a bit off-topic, but it still connects somehow, my point is not that a little alcohol is not harmful, but that, that you should not be worried about it if you live a healthy life.

However me personally I do everything to feed my body in the best way.

Stormblood said:
Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=342968 time=1649497287 user_id=21286]
Stormblood said:

Multiple times when I still lived in Italy, people constantly questioned my choice, even if they knew in advance. My rugby team was the most annoying. Every time I went out, there was at least one of them who would insist for the whole duration of the social, and kept asking and asking and asking. I got so aggravated at continuously having to explain myself and rejecting that ultimately I decided it was not worth to spend any time with them.

It's also frowned upon to make a toast with water, apparently. My father always was like "at least put coca-cola in." Yeah, right, as if that's healthy (or even tasty at all) :lol: I have a sweet tooth but the amount of sugar in there is ridiculous, and I obviously know of everything else unhealthy about it.

Here in England, most people seem to just avoid you or ignore you if they know you don't drink. I met other teetotal guys who admitted they had to pretend they drink by making cocktails that looked like alcohol just to have some social time. The world is completely in reverse: you get excluded for making healthy choices, while harmful choices are social norms all around, not just in what you drink or eat, but also in how to interact with other. Like, for example, I saved quite a few people from suicide by actually caring about them (and for them), instead of pretending like most NPCs do and then being nowhere to be found when the situation becomes urgent/an emergency.

This is just telling my experience. It's not in anyway contesting your advice.

The same in Spain, the culture of alcohol is so entrenched that when you try to meet with someone everything revolves around "going to a bar to drink something", is totally pathetic and degenerated...

AFODO said:

I do agree that alcohol is bad even in a low amount, my personal opinion doesn't really matter anyways, as you shown facts,
I just want to point out that nearly everything you eat and drink is poisoned. What does really matter is to live a happy and spiritual life of course with the least amount of toxic things preferably.

Many study shows on animals, that happiness/happy life can highly increase the durability against poisons.
Something like that they made 2 groups of animals, as for the one of the groups they give them freedom, they pet them, ect. The other group they did not pet them and they lived in a cage. Both group have been fed by poison. The first group that was petted, they were still healthy and the caged group died.

This shows that your way of living can protect you from these enemy made poisoned food, and poisoned everything.
This is a bit off-topic, but it still connects somehow, my point is not that a little alcohol is not harmful, but that, that you should not be worried about it if you live a healthy life.

However me personally I do everything to feed my body in the best way.

I understand your point and it's true. I don't like alcohol anyway. I never liked except for cider, mead and some sweet wines. Then I discovered the alcohol-free version of them, which I liked more because it was sweeter, while still being different from juice as some people may think. But I never went crazy for that as I just don't really care for drinks in general. My problem was energy drinks, even if they didn't affect my energy levels.

I'm not worried about drinking alcohol, as it never held any value for me. I don't like it, I don't drink. The big deal for me in the past was the social exclusion coming from not drinking alcohol. I never though, blamed myself for being excluded, rather I knew that the problem were those brainwashed NPCs. It took me a few years, however, to understand that I'm not missing out on anything by refusing to comply. They have nothing to teach me if they lack the self-awareness and wisdom not to harm themselves.

I want to be surrounded by people who want to push me to improve and become the best version of myself. I feel very bad if I have to be around people who drag me down instead. I don't want to be the smartest person in the room and the person who brings the most value. In fact, I'd much rather be the less smart and bring the least value, as that increases the room for growth for me. If a social group doesn't bring enough value in all ways (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual), they are not worthy of spending time with.

So, I could never associate with people who are bad examples such as fat people and other addicts of any kind in life. Whether one wants it or not, they get dragged down to a lower level, the more time they spend with these inepts. The Pareto law helps with managing your time. 80% of your time should be spent improving yourself and other people or with people who are better than you, while 20% of your time can be spent with other people who don't fit those categories in other ways that don't improve you directly.

Wotanwarrior said:
The same in Spain, the culture of alcohol is so entrenched that when you try to meet with someone everything revolves around "going to a bar to drink something", is totally pathetic and degenerated...

Yeah, and if you suggest drinking something else it's coffee for them lol It's not much different where I live now.

Stormblood

Many abstemious that I have known totally abus from caffeine, they take 4, 5 or 6 coffees per day or take energetic drinks when they go out on weekends at night.

Heh, a conversation with someone I just met once went like this:
He: Want a cigarette?
Me: No, I don't smoke
He: alright, let's go have a coffee
Me: Oh no it's alright, I don't drink coffee
He: Ok, want a beer?
Me: I don't drink alcohol

That went awkard real fast :lol:

Aquarius said:

How did it end up? :lol:

Stormblood said:
Aquarius said:

How did it end up? :lol:
The guy looked like some kind of gipsy, fortunately I just had to sell him a videogame and never see him again. Lol

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back