Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Signs by degree

Draco Majinn

I have heard that astrology is most accurate if you measure the degree to which a planet is in a sign and that the effects differ depending on the degree.

Can someone please comment on this? I have heard about this for a while but I can't seem to find any information about it.

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

Don't know if it satisfies you, but there is a thing called a dwad or dwadasamsa - a twelfth of a zodiac sign. The lesser division is to decans - a third of a zodiac sign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwadasama

It can further show what planet (the ruler of a particular zodiac sign in a decan and a dwad) may be of significance, but it is of tertiary or even quaternary meaning.

Drammanoth Tenebris.

Satanas Via, Vera et Vita est!
Ave Satanas, Rege Satanas!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Draco Majinn" <xxrygelxx@... wrote:

I have heard that astrology is most accurate if you measure the degree to which a planet is in a sign and that the effects differ depending on the degree.

Can someone please comment on this? I have heard about this for a while but I can't seem to find any information about it.

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

Yeah, I was actually wondering about this too. Lately, I've been trying to get a better understanding about astrology and the whole degree thing was one of the things that had me confused the most. I also couldn't find much info about it. Well, none that I felt I could trust.
Hail Enki 

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Draco Majinn <xxrygelxx@... wrote:

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

It's getting late for me, so I have to make this short. I have personally found that the degrees are of the most important aspects of astrology. This is what makes the chart individual and adds much more insight to prediction. I have a webpage on this on the JoS. I apologize, much of the information on there is very old and some poorly written going back 10 years. I am short on time, but will try to correct it when I am able to.

I always blend Vedic astrolgy, the foundations and interpretations with Western astrology. I read for the tropical zodiac, as I have found this to be highly accurate. In Vedic astrolgy, there are what are called 'mansions of the moon.' These are the so-called critical degrees.
0 and 29 of all signs, with 29 known as an 'anaretic' degree.
13 and 26 of cardinal signs
9 and 21-22 of fixed esigns
4 and 17 of mutable aka common signs

15 degrees of fixed signs; there is a term for them in Vedic astrology, but I don't offhand remember it. Trying to find the word on the internet, I just saw how little so many people know about astrology. Most astrology authors overlook the degrees.

I also note through my own research, in addition to a prominent neptune, where one mishandles the energies [insanity], 25 degrees of Leo is prominent in the charts of serial killers. Of course, this is mishandling of these energies, but 25 of Leo, though lesser than 15 of Leo causes problems.

In closing, PLEASE DO NOT GET UPSET WHEN YOU ARE NEW AND LOOKING AT YOUR ASTRO CHART! NO CHART IS 100% GOOD OR BAD. EVERYONE HAS A SATURN, PROBLEM AREAS AND SUCH, BUT THROUGH MEDITATION, THESE CAN BE DIRECTED AND OVERCOME. KNOWING WHEN YOU ARE IN A BAD PERIOD, LIKE TRANSITING SATURN ON YOUR PERSONAL PLANETS, CAN HELP YOU TO PREPARE BEFOREHAND THROUGH MEDITATION AND PUTTING ON A STRONG PROTECTIVE AURA, AND BEING CAREFUL DURING THAT PERIOD! FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED! THIS IS A GIFT!

Knowing is what astrology is all about. I had a hard time with it when I began reading my own chart at 15, and saw all the bad stuff, which some was already blatant in my life. I have learned over the years, astrology has done nothing but help me, time and again. Astrology, as with the other occult disciplines is a wonderful gift from Satan. Knowing something and why is half the battle. This way, you can work with it and change it.

And above all, I have come across more bullshit, downright ignorance and crap, especially on the internet, written by people who just don't know. Don't take everything you read in the way of astrological interpretations as a fact, especially if it is unfortunate. I have seen endless cases where the writer was wrong.

Satan's gift of astrology is here to help us through life. It isn't something dreadful or negative. Astrology is a friend.

High Priestess Maxine Dietrich
http://www.joyofsatan.org

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Kait Jordan <kaitjordan@... wrote:

Yeah, I was actually wondering about this too. Lately, I've been trying to
get a better understanding about astrology and the whole degree thing was
one of the things that had me confused the most. I also couldn't find much
info about it. Well, none that I felt I could trust.

Hail Enki

I have heard that astrology is most accurate if you measure the degree to
which a planet is in a sign and that the effects differ depending on the
degree.

Can someone please comment on this? I have heard about this for a while
but I can't seem to find any information about it.

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

<td val[/IMG]There are also decans of the signs. One can subdivide almost endlessly.

http://horoscopeswithin.com/decans.php

There also Sabian symbols for each degree. I rarely look at them myself, but some consider them significant.

http://cafeastrology.com/sabiansymbols_ ... nings.html

Another example:

duad, dwadasama, also dwadachamsha A twelve-fold subdivision of the signs(each composed of 2 1/2°) developed by Hindu astrologers. The first duad of each sign is sub-ruled by the natural planetary ruler of the sign; the second duad is sub-ruled by the ruler of next sign in the zodiac and so on. These "signs within a sign," by virtue of their planetary rulers, account for subtle shadings of expression found in different degrees of the same sign.

There are also what is known as "Arabic parts". The part of fortune is the most common used in western astrology. I have found very little written on them except for how to calculate them.

Also of note, the Leo energies she is describing below can be severely mishandled via house & house position, as well as the relationship to the quadrant angles. For example: A planet in Leo in the 12th H.

--- On Tue, 7/3/12, High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@... wrote:
From: High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@...
Subject: [JoS_Astrology] Re: Signs by degree
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 10:43 PM

It's getting late for me, so I have to make this short. I have personally found that the degrees are of the most important aspects of astrology. This is what makes the chart individual and adds much more insight to prediction. I have a webpage on this on the JoS. I apologize, much of the information on there is very old and some poorly written going back 10 years. I am short on time, but will try to correct it when I am able to.

I always blend Vedic astrolgy, the foundations and interpretations with Western astrology. I read for the tropical zodiac, as I have found this to be highly accurate. In Vedic astrolgy, there are what are called 'mansions of the moon.' These are the so-called critical degrees.

15 degrees of fixed signs; there is a term for them in Vedic astrology, but I don't offhand remember it. Trying to find the word on the internet, I just saw how little so many people know about astrology. Most astrology authors overlook the degrees.

I also note through my own research, in addition to a prominent neptune, where one mishandles the energies [insanity], 25 degrees of Leo is prominent in the charts of serial killers. Of course, this is mishandling of these energies, but 25 of Leo, though lesser than 15 of Leo causes problems.

In closing, PLEASE DO NOT GET UPSET WHEN YOU ARE NEW AND LOOKING AT YOUR ASTRO CHART! NO CHART IS 100% GOOD OR BAD. EVERYONE HAS A SATURN, PROBLEM AREAS AND SUCH, BUT THROUGH MEDITATION, THESE CAN BE DIRECTED AND OVERCOME. KNOWING WHEN YOU ARE IN A BAD PERIOD, LIKE TRANSITING SATURN ON YOUR PERSONAL PLANETS, CAN HELP YOU TO PREPARE BEFOREHAND THROUGH MEDITATION AND PUTTING ON A STRONG PROTECTIVE AURA, AND BEING CAREFUL DURING THAT PERIOD! FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED! THIS IS A GIFT!

Knowing is what astrology is all about. I had a hard time with it when I began reading my own chart at 15, and saw all the bad stuff, which some was already blatant in my life. I have learned over the years, astrology has done nothing but help me, time and again. Astrology, as with the other occult disciplines is a wonderful gift from Satan. Knowing something and why is half the battle. This way, you can work with it and change it.

And above all, I have come across more bullshit, downright ignorance and crap, especially on the internet, written by people who just don't know. Don't take everything you read in the way of astrological interpretations as a fact, especially if it is unfortunate. I have seen endless cases where the writer was wrong.

Satan's gift of astrology is here to help us through life. It isn't something dreadful or negative. Astrology is a friend.

--- [/IMG][email protected], Kait Jordan <kaitjordan@... wrote:

Hail Enki

degree.

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

[/TD]

Thank you to High Priestess Maxine and to all the people who have shared knowledge replying to my post.

Hail Satan!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], m_18 <magus_18@... wrote:

There are also decans of the signs. One can subdivide almost endlessly.

http://horoscopeswithin.com/decans.php

There also Sabian symbols for each degree. I rarely look at them myself, but some consider them significant.

http://cafeastrology.com/sabiansymbols_ ... nings.html

Another example:

duad,
dwadasama, also dwadachamsha A
twelve-fold subdivision of the signs(each composed of 2 1/2°) developed
by Hindu astrologers. The first duad of each sign is sub-ruled by the
natural planetary ruler of the sign; the second duad is sub-ruled by
the ruler of next sign in the zodiac and so on. These "signs within a
sign," by virtue of their planetary rulers, account for subtle shadings
of expression found in different degrees of the same sign.

There are also what is known as "Arabic parts". The part of fortune is the most common used in western astrology. I have found very little written on them except for how to calculate them.

Also of note, the Leo energies she is describing below can be severely mishandled via house & house position, as well as the relationship to the quadrant angles. For example: A planet in Leo in the 12th H.

--- On Tue, 7/3/12, High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@... wrote:

From: High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@...
Subject: [JoS_Astrology] Re: Signs by degree
To: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 10:43 PM

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Kait Jordan <kaitjordan@ wrote:

Hail Enki

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Draco Majinn <xxrygelxx@ wrote:

degree.

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back