Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Self Forgiveness

GoldenxChild1

Among the three runes, Wunjo, Gebo, and Laguz, which one would best to use for forgiving yourself for any past mistakes that weigh on you?

Secondly, would it better to use a waxing or a waning moon?

Among the three runes, Wunjo, Gebo, and Laguz, which one would best to use for forgiving yourself for any past mistakes that weigh on you?

Secondly, would it better to use a waxing or a waning moon?

I believe Wunjo would be best, due to its relation with happiness. Whenever you are dealing with problems of the self, my first place to go would be solar solutions. As a secondary solution, earth-based energies can help one be realistic about this and understand that is was in the past.

If the mistake is really bad, you could even do a blessing towards any hurt individuals or something, if this applies. Ansuz could be useful for dealing with a specific event, but if you are prone to self-hatred, or excess criticism, then working with Wunjo or Sowilo would be closer to the root of the problem.

Regarding whether this is waxing or waning, I think it could go either way, as long as the affirmation supports it.

Last edited:
I believe Wunjo would be best, due to its relation with happiness. Whenever you are dealing with problems of the self, my first place to go would be solar solutions. As a secondary solution, earth-based energies can help one be realistic about this and understand that is was in the past.

If the mistake is really bad, you could even do a blessing towards any hurt individuals or something, if this applies.

Regarding whether this is waxing or waning, I think it could go either way, as long as the affirmation supports it.
I don't know if solar energies is the route to go because it's not entirely about improving my self concept as much as it is about healing deep soul wounds brought on by insidious ignorance.

I will stick with Wunjo.

Thanks Blitz

If the mistake is really bad, you could even do a blessing towards any hurt individuals or something, if this applies. Ansuz could be useful for dealing with a specific event, but if you are prone to self-hatred, or excess criticism, then working with Wunjo or Sowilo would be closer to the root of the problem.

Also Blitz, I forgot to ask, how would one go about blessing someone else, like with what?

Also Blitz, I forgot to ask, how would one go about blessing someone else, like with what?

I've never done it, but would imagine you would use your visualization to focus on people hurt by you, like the opposite of returning curses. This would be for ethical and justice violations, not like you gaining a job over someone else, but for righting any past wrongs. Not sure on exact runes, but probably something like Fehu, Sowilo, Jera, etc.

I had the idea when thinking about how Azazel stands for "paying one's dues", and how someone could go about this. First they would advance, then they could turn around and bless people, absolving themselves of any damage they might have inflicted in prior ignorance.

wunjo helps with Self forgiveness?
You told me a few days ago to practice this along with Sowilo And Munika
And that was when I was posting hateful stuff about myself. And that was before I went into an anger rage and lashed out on others. Then HPS Lydia stepped in and told me that I was crossing the line. And that was everyone stepped back. And stopped talking to me. And after that I took your advice! And started using and practicing those mantras. And they are helping me

And that was when I was posting hateful stuff about myself. And that was before I went into an anger rage and lashed out on others. Then HPS Lydia stepped in and told me that I was crossing the line. And that was everyone stepped back. And stopped talking to me. And after that I took your advice! And started using and practicing those mantras. And they are helping me
Would you please be so kind to relate or link mantras for self hate fixing, if you have them by hand?
I am currently struggling with that and this would help. I have a slow connection and search may be quite complicated. Thank you anyway.

Would you please be so kind to relate or link mantras for self hate fixing, if you have them by hand?
I am currently struggling with that and this would help. I have a slow connection and search may be quite complicated. Thank you anyway.
Sowilo, Wunjo, Berkano, . . . all have different function and can assit with self hatred, but with slightly different effects. Sowilo is solar in nature, Wunjo is more Venus like, along with Gebo, and Berkano is lunar like. So, each one can help with how you relate to yourself.

Yes, and it makes sense it would, along with other runes. Sowilo is good too, and munka is used for removing the patterns of karma. I'm happy they are helping you. Remember, no one is "mad" at you or anything. We just wanted you to chill out a bit.

Vibrate the rune Wunjo x88 times (you can do less if you are not accustomed to that much, such as 40, or more if you can handle more, such as 111, 144, 216, 333).
Affirm: "In the most beneficial way for me, I'm permanently and completely healed from any and all psychological, mental and emotional damage and pain" (x10).

You can reformulate it yourself, it depending on your preferences or needs!

Vibrate the rune Wunjo x88 times (you can do less if you are not accustomed to that much, such as 40, or more if you can handle more, such as 111, 144, 216, 333).
Affirm: "In the most beneficial way for me, I'm permanently and completely healed from any and all psychological, mental and emotional damage and pain" (x10).

You can reformulate it yourself, it depending on your preferences or needs!
Thank you.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back