Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question regarding Set

Does anybody know which Vedic God the Egyptian Lord of Darkness was? I’m trying to put together a new meditation using Set’s name but I want to use His Vedic name name if He has one.

Legendary Creature said:
Does anybody know which Vedic God the Egyptian Lord of Darkness was? I’m trying to put together a new meditation using Set’s name but I want to use His Vedic name name if He has one.
Firstly, even if there is a Vedic form that represents Set, it does not mean that they will have the same spiritual meaning in their allegories.

Secondly, Set comes from the Sanskrit Sat, which is Satanama and Satan in full form, if you want something Vedic with the same spiritual meaning, there you have it, but it's not like Satan and Set are the same god.

I would suggest to ask Set himself. But if I were to guess, Shani. The Hindu God Shani is the embodiment of Saturn. He has a dark complexion like Set, and is seen riding a black bird. Set has black wings. However, the comparisons stop there, but only Set knows who other civilizations gave him monikers under different names.

Kavya Shukra said:
I would suggest to ask Set himself. But if I were to guess, Shani. The Hindu God Shani is the embodiment of Saturn. He has a dark complexion like Set, and is seen riding a black bird. Set has black wings. However, the comparisons stop there, but only Set knows who other civilizations gave him monikers under different names.

If Set uses the name Shani, Mr. Abdomidable Snowman is better off using Set's egyptian name since the name Shani is connected to the energy of Saturn.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back