Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #5284: Is this a religion?

AskSatanOperator

As a Spiritual Satanist I have a very important question. Is Spiritual Satanism a religion? Religions have their own teachings, but Spiritual Satanism uses the teachings of ancient Pagan religions to teach and practice the art of alchemy. The fact that it utilizes many religions but accepts only the ones that work for it and rejects the ones that don't makes Spiritual Satanism more of a doctrine, a path than a religion. But on the other hand, we are dedicated to Satan. We performed a ritual just like Christians are baptized and Muslims say the word tawhid, so I am confused.

Spiritual Satanism and other ancient religions are the original and oldest religions of humanity. Spiritual Satanism encompasses various polytheistic gods and goddesses. Yes, things like Christian baptisms and Muslim baptisms are completely false and have no truth to them. The dedication ritual of Spiritual Satanism is performed once and remains valid until the next reincarnation

Spiritual Satanism is not a religion, spiritual Satanism is a tradition.
You see, tradition is much more natural than "religion" because it starts from an obvious observation of spiritual reality, and is not something speculative.

Religion is a belief created through speculation; tradition is observable knowledge that exists infinitely.

Religion is a new word

As a Spiritual Satanist I have a very important question. Is Spiritual Satanism a religion? Religions have their own teachings, but Spiritual Satanism uses the teachings of ancient Pagan religions to teach and practice the art of alchemy. The fact that it utilizes many religions but accepts only the ones that work for it and rejects the ones that don't makes Spiritual Satanism more of a doctrine, a path than a religion. But on the other hand, we are dedicated to Satan. We performed a ritual just like Christians are baptized and Muslims say the word tawhid, so I am confused.
Yes, Spiritual Satanism is a religion.

As a Spiritual Satanist I have a very important question. Is Spiritual Satanism a religion? Religions have their own teachings, but Spiritual Satanism uses the teachings of ancient Pagan religions to teach and practice the art of alchemy. The fact that it utilizes many religions but accepts only the ones that work for it and rejects the ones that don't makes Spiritual Satanism more of a doctrine, a path than a religion.

You have misunderstood it, in SS we don't "accept the ones that work", but we are aware that much of the ancient Pagan myths and teachings are allegorical. Taking everything literally would be extremely stupid, just like Christians who take their bible literally and believe the world is 6,000 years old. We are aware that much of it is allegorical and some of it is corrupted, so we are looking to Satan to guide us to the truth.

Nobody has ever said that in ancient Pagan religions there are things that "don't work". Everything works, as long as you are smart enough to read behind the allegories, myths and Christian corruptions to the truth behind them.

With Satan's guidance, it's been clear that most of the myths of ancient Pagan religions are allegories for spiritual alchemy. So, we don't "accept the ones that work", but we are looking to decode these allegories to the real inner teachings behind them.

Now, whether you want it to call a "religion" or not, it's your choice. It's certainly not anything like the mainstream religions, it would be closer to an esoteric spiritual path. Or you could say that it's a true religion, while the mainstream religions are political control programs disguised as religions. Both of them are correct in their own way.

Spiritual Satanism is not a religion, spiritual Satanism is a tradition.
You see, tradition is much more natural than "religion" because it starts from an obvious observation of spiritual reality, and is not something speculative.

Religion is a belief created through speculation; tradition is observable knowledge that exists infinitely.

Religion is a new word
Perfect

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back