Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #4311: Emotional repression despite Moon in Libra?

AskSatanOperator

I have a moon in Libra, yet I am very "emotionally repressed" or introverted and don't enjoy expressing myself to other's, for example, even laughing at a stranger's jokes can feel too revealing/naked.

I thought Libra is the best placement for Moon and thus one's emotions? It is also conjunct the Sun. Why didn't it offset this tendency much?

The thing is, I LIKE being this way, sort of, but many other's have a problem with it so now I'm starting to hate being this way.

I have a moon in Libra, yet I am very "emotionally repressed" or introverted and don't enjoy expressing myself to other's, for example, even laughing at a stranger's jokes can feel too revealing/naked.

I thought Libra is the best placement for Moon and thus one's emotions? It is also conjunct the Sun. Why didn't it offset this tendency much?

The thing is, I LIKE being this way, sort of, but many other's have a problem with it so now I'm starting to hate being this way.
The whole chart has two be considered. 2 'planets' are not enough to determine your whole personlity. Bear in mind that our life experiences and free will (how we choose to react to these influences) also come into play, these terrifies astrologers or they completely forget these exist, but they do.

The whole chart has two be considered. 2 'planets' are not enough to determine your whole personlity. Bear in mind that our life experiences and free will (how we choose to react to these influences) also come into play, these terrifies astrologers or they completely forget these exist, but they do.
terrify*

Emotion can be repressed because of planets, as said, but also because of traumas. Much depends on the house in which the Moon is.
I do not know if it's your case but, if you suffered emotional, psychological or physical mistreatment or abuse in your early life, this often leads to emotional repression.
This is a way that the mind uses to avoid suffering. In case you suffered a lot, the mind "discards" emotions so you will not feel down and you will go on in life without falling, like a cold person. In truth, emotions are most often stored in thought forms that may later on harass you or even drive your unconscious to certain decisions. Staying secluded is a typical choice.
This case should be considered in addition to planetary readings.

I'm starting to hate being this way.

Hating yourself for how you are is another typical unconscious reaction. Don't let others decide "how you should be", if you feel OK your way,
This can also be a repressed emotion that is coming to the surface.

Moon in Libra isn't that emotional and Libra is cardinal air and masculine, Libra is a mind-driven sign even if it tends towards romance and charm.

Librans can feel as if displaying emotions in front of others is too uncouth and they may want to submerge their own emotions in front of others to get along, ESPECIALLY with Sun in Libra where the ego is frequently repressed.

Libra isn't the best place for the Moon either. Taurus is better.

Needing others does not equate with baring all in front of them. The fact you're very conscious of what others think is a Libran trait.

Moon in Libra isn't that emotional and Libra is cardinal air and masculine, Libra is a mind-driven sign even if it tends towards romance and charm.

Librans can feel as if displaying emotions in front of others is too uncouth and they may want to submerge their own emotions in front of others to get along, ESPECIALLY with Sun in Libra where the ego is frequently repressed.

Libra isn't the best place for the Moon either. Taurus is better.

Needing others does not equate with baring all in front of them. The fact you're very conscious of what others think is a Libran trait.

The Sun/Moon is in my 1st House.

I don't think I've sufferred any severe trauma in early life, however, I'd say I haven't really experienced much affection from other's. So, perhaps I don't know how to show it because I haven't properly received it. And thus learnt how to express my emotions. Although descriptions of me as a baby were the same, quite "stoic" disposition.

And I don't mind being this way necessarily, but everyone else seems to have a problem with it. They think I'm angry, or plotting against them, or hiding something etc... I've come to realise if you show no vulnerability or reveal intimate parts of you, people feel insecure around you, and start imagining up a fantasy of who you are.

I have a serious approach to life, and my controlled emotions allows me to remain detached, objective, and disciplined, optimising for strategic manouvering. But beneath the surface there is a flood of passion, I just feel disgusted with letting other's see it. And the subsequent "coldness" in my face scares people off to where I'm either abandoned or feared by them, causing me to lose opportunities and friendships abruptly, with no explanation. If they got to know me they'd describe me as warm and "kindhearted" but relations with others rarely get to this stage.

It's not that I want to change, but I want other's to be more willing to "tune into my frequency". Cos I think I'm pretty cool lol. But I don't know if this is an astrological problem or what.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back