Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #3183: I can't do sat kriya.

AskSatanOperator

Explain to me whether I should do sat on inhalation or exhalation and how to retract my stomach, it does not retract (I am not fat).I've tried 3 ways and the hardest one is to pull in the whole kor and yet I can still not exhale, my air is all at the top of my lungs and it has almost no effect on my abdominal position when breathing

Breath into the bottom of your lungs, not just the top. This is why kriyas often start with a guided long deep breathing, so we properly breathe while doing KY.

Yes, contract the core. It's ab work. Doing KY will strengthen your abs.

[HPS said:
Lydia" post_id=473508 time=1700479408 user_id=57]
Breath into the bottom of your lungs, not just the top. This is why kriyas often start with a guided long deep breathing, so we properly breathe while doing KY.

Yes, contract the core. It's ab work. Doing KY will strengthen your abs. The navel draws in quickly which then pushes air out of the lungs (not entirely, but from the bottom of the lungs). And then the navel relaxes and air comes into the lungs.

Wait so you need to use the technique from breath of fire?
because it says:
Say "Sat" and pull the navel point in;
say "Nam" and relax it. Continue at
least 3 minutes
And I though that you need to inhale at 'Sat'.

it says to pull the navel point in in Sat, so it would make an exhale in breath of fire.
But I always though that you need to inhale at Sat.

So how it goes is:

"Sat" - pull the stomach in - exhale
"Nam - relax it - inhale
???

I always did it like
"Sat" - pull the stomach in - inhale
"Nam" - relax it - exhale

And it had pretty much power. I always felt very much heat.
But I guess it makes sense to do it like the breath of fire. It's just I always though that you need to inhale at Sat. Maybe from another meditation?

As HPS Lydia said, it should be natural. SAT - Inhalation using abdominal and NAM - Passive Exhalation.

I still feel a little out of breath during and after this Kriya, which implies that I am (1) not doing it correctly, or (2) my lungs are still too weak.

So, if your like me then work on deep breathing and even strengthening the lungs via exercise.

GoldenxChild1 said:
As HPS Lydia said, it should be natural. SAT - Inhalation using abdominal and NAM - Passive Exhalation.
The breathing in KY is anything but passive. The breath in these exercises in question is done consciously and actively. It is Kundalini Yoga after all which implies the active principle (yang). Try practicing breath of fire. Once you get a hang of it, add SATNAM to the cycle of breath, and that's that, then you can do this.

AFODO said:
Yes, breathing is a breath of fire. In many KY Kriyas the breath of fire is utilized.

AFODO said:
[HPS said:
Lydia" post_id=473508 time=1700479408 user_id=57]

Yes, contract the core. It's ab work. Doing KY will strengthen your abs. The navel draws in quickly which then pushes air out of the lungs (not entirely, but from the bottom of the lungs). And then the navel relaxes and air comes into the lungs.

Wait so you need to use the technique from breath of fire?
because it says:
Say "Sat" and pull the navel point in;
say "Nam" and relax it. Continue at
least 3 minutes
And I though that you need to inhale at 'Sat'.

it says to pull the navel point in in Sat, so it would make an exhale in breath of fire.
But I always though that you need to inhale at Sat.

So how it goes is:

"Sat" - pull the stomach in - exhale
"Nam - relax it - inhale
???

I always did it like
"Sat" - pull the stomach in - inhale
"Nam" - relax it - exhale

And it had pretty much power. I always felt very much heat.
But I guess it makes sense to do it like the breath of fire. It's just I always though that you need to inhale at Sat. Maybe from another meditation?

She didn't say it was like the BOF. I do it like you too, and it works.

Henu the Great said:
GoldenxChild1 said:
The breathing in KY is anything but passive. The breath in these exercises in question is done consciously and actively. It is Kundalini Yoga after all which implies the active principle (yang). Try practicing breath of fire. Once you get a hang of it, add SATNAM to the cycle of breath, and that's that, then you can do this.

AFODO said:
Yes, breathing is a breath of fire. In many KY Kriyas the breath of fire is utilized.

The instruction don't describe it like that, but I trust you! However, how can you do the breathe fire and speak SATNAM at the same time ?

Henu the Great said:
GoldenxChild1 said:

AFODO said:

Thank you Henu. It makes me sad that I have been doing it wrong for the whole time, but it's better later than never, I guess.

Perhaps it is indeed not correct to call it the breath of fire. Yet, the pace of breathing is rapid, breath is strong and the idea is to pump the navel point, so there are similarities.

GoldenxChild1 said:
The instruction don't describe it like that, but I trust you! However, how can you do the breathe fire and speak SATNAM at the same time ?
By uttering a sound while breathing. But it isn't like normal breathing, but movement centering around the navel. First, try saying something while you exhale before trying it while doing this Kriya so you get the hang of how it is done. Then, try saying it while doing this Kriya.

[HPS said:
Lydia" post_id=473649 time=1700548514 user_id=57]

Sorry, I wrote the instructions wrong! I'm editing it now.

Oh okay :) It was a bit confusing as it was really powerful like this. I tried it today with breath of fire and it looks like that it had less power.

Henu the Great said:
The following video should end confusion about this subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evmO1igrgyc

Have you tried doing this kriya slowly?
I have been doing it slowly (with quality movements), with 55, and (instead of 26) 36 reps, that would take around 45 minutes to complete.

It have gave me very much heat, and a sort of pain, and I also felt "burned"/exhausted at the end.
Today I tried the same amount of reps, but rapidly, with fast movements, as in the video, but it just felt like it had lost most of it's power.

Anyways if you have not tried it slowly, could you?

AFODO said:
Have you tried doing this kriya slowly?
I have been doing it slowly (with quality movements), with 55, and (instead of 26) 36 reps, that would take around 45 minutes to complete.
Many years ago as part of my searching period, I went to a KY class. We did Basic Spinal Energy Series and I do not remember it being done slowly. Kundalini does not inspire slowness, in my opinion.

Maybe the issue here is that you are unable to perform the technique at speed, which is an indicator of being a beginner.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back