Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Paraffin wax candles. not okay to use?

matthewgifford361

So I recently looked up what the typical candle wax is made from, and it says most candles, being made from "paraffin" wax, is a petroleum-based wax made from a by-product of the crude oil manufacturing process? I had also head many of the wicks they put in them contain metals, such as lead or zinc, which can be toxic when burnt?
Does this make paraffin wax candles unacceptable to use, considering how the Gods likely have a disapproving attitude towards them (from what I can start to see, anyway, given how environmentally hazardous they seem to be).
What of waxes like palm wax, or soy wax? Plain cotton wicks without any metals? Are they the suitable choice for candles? I hear things like free-standing soy wax candles being too easy to break, making soy wax unsuitable for anything other than container candles? I hear HP Maxine saying the only suitable material to use for candle holders are silver. Silver being so expensive and hard to find, would it be okay to use glass or other types of metal to use as a container for candles, and candle use?
I have been trying to use artificial lighting as little as possible and switch to a more "natural" lighting, given how artificial lighting doesn't seem to be very "spiritually" friendly, from how I feel about it.
Hail the Gods of Hell

It is alright if you use candles made of paraffin wax. Most candles available anywhere are made of paraffin wax. So, it will be difficult to find candles made of any other material. Candles made of other materials may also be expensive and people may not be able to afford it. Of course, make sure you don't inhale the fumes of the candle. As we say, what lies in your heart is more important than what material you are using. I do not have silver at my home, but I still use a bronze chalice as it is very commonly available material for performing rituals in India..  

--- In [email protected], <matthewgifford361@... wrote:

So I recently looked up what the typical candle wax is made from, and it says most candles, being made from "paraffin" wax, is a petroleum-based wax made from a by-product of the crude oil manufacturing process? I had also head many of the wicks they put in them contain metals, such as lead or zinc, which can be toxic when burnt?
Does this make paraffin wax candles unacceptable to use, considering how the Gods likely have a disapproving attitude towards them (from what I can start to see, anyway, given how environmentally hazardous they seem to be).
What of waxes like palm wax, or soy wax? Plain cotton wicks without any metals? Are they the suitable choice for candles? I hear things like free-standing soy wax candles being too easy to break, making soy wax unsuitable for anything other than container candles? I hear HP Maxine saying the only suitable material to use for candle holders are silver. Silver being so expensive and hard to find, would it be okay to use glass or other types of metal to use as a container for candles, and candle use?
I have been trying to use artificial lighting as little as possible and switch to a more "natural" lighting, given how artificial lighting doesn't seem to be very "spiritually" friendly, from how I feel about it.
Hail the Gods of Hell

Beeswax is great, natural and it lasts longer.
-En Haradren Amlug.

--- In [email protected], <matthewgifford361@... wrote:

Hail the Gods of Hell

Beeswax candles are the best for health and environment.Good for allergy relief and cleanses air. Has lovely mild honey smell too.

Soy candles are not good because most soy is gmo. If you can find non gmo soy candle products please let me know :)

Parrafin candles are toxic Burn harmful chemicals into the air. Bad for environment. If Parrafin candles are all you can find and use then use them. Ive used them for years before so its not like they will kill you but they have many negative effects. I dont like the way the air smells when they burn and they release chemicals in the air when burned.

Palm wax candles are good :) better than soy and parrafin.

Its best atleast to use what you can. If you can only afford parrafin candles then use them if you must but Palm wax candles are inexpensie and better alternative for those on a budget. 

If anyone has any thing to add please do :)
I use beeswax candles for burning on my altar and if im lighting it for rituals or for the gods. As I mentioned before, it seems more respectful and it is cleaner to use for satanic ritual purposes. I found beautiful blue beeswax taper candles for my altar :)

Ill use parrafin as last resort or if I dont have anyother option at moment. Palm wax candlesnext best thing and good alternative.
------------------------------
On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 11:40 PM PDT hecktic_shadow@... wrote:

Beeswax is great, natural and it lasts longer. -En Haradren Amlug. --- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], <matthewgifford361@... wrote: So I recently looked up what the typical candle wax is made from, and it says most candles, being made from "paraffin" wax, is a petroleum-based wax made from a by-product of the crude oil manufacturing process? I had also head many of the wicks they put in them contain metals, such as lead or zinc, which can be toxic when burnt? Does this make paraffin wax candles unacceptable to use, considering how the Gods likely have a disapproving attitude towards them (from what I can start to see, anyway, given how environmentally hazardous they seem to be). What of waxes like palm wax, or soy wax? Plain cotton wicks without any metals? Are they the suitable choice for candles? I hear things like free-standing soy wax candles being too easy to break, making soy wax unsuitable for anything other than container candles? I hear HP
Maxine saying the only suitable material to use for candle holders are silver. Silver being so expensive and hard to find, would it be okay to use glass or other types of metal to use as a container for candles, and candle use? I have been trying to use artificial lighting as little as possible and switch to a more "natural" lighting, given how artificial lighting doesn't seem to be very "spiritually" friendly, from how I feel about it. Hail the Gods of Hell

I would highly disagree on the beeswax candles myself. Being that honey is gathered by the bees specifically for their own winter food supply, using it as candle wax seems offensive to the laws of nature, as it is basically "thievery" of their food that they work day and night to collect.
It's even said that true vegan diet does not include honey for this simple reason.
So myself personally, I would probably go with the soy wax, being a by-product of the soybean. Or the palm wax, being derived from the plant. I didn't know that soy wax is usually genetically modified, but I'm sure it's still much better than using paraffin, at the least.
I know how most candles available out there are typically paraffin, and how expensive some of the other candles are, and how difficult they can be to find black candles, but you can always consider making your own candles.
There are many websites online that sell all the ingredients for making your own candles. Melting pots, candle wicks, bags of wax, candle moulds, wick holders, and candle dye. I'm guessing it is much less expensive than buying a pre-made one. I've been looking into it myself actually. There are even candle dyes out there that are vegetable derived, wicks made from 100% cotton, and etc.
Hail the Gods of Hell

--- In [email protected], <soutlaw92@... wrote:

Beeswax candles are the best for health and environment.Good for allergy relief and cleanses air. Has lovely mild honey smell too.

Soy candles are not good because most soy is gmo. If you can find non gmo soy candle products please let me know :)

Parrafin candles are toxic Burn harmful chemicals into the air. Bad for environment. If Parrafin candles are all you can find and use then use them. Ive used them for years before so its not like they will kill you but they have many negative effects. I dont like the way the air smells when they burn and they release chemicals in the air when burned.

Palm wax candles are good :) better than soy and parrafin.

Its best atleast to use what you can. If you can only afford parrafin candles then use them if you must but Palm wax candles are inexpensie and better alternative for those on a budget. 

If anyone has any thing to add please do :)
I use beeswax candles for burning on my altar and if im lighting it for rituals or for the gods. As I mentioned before, it seems more respectful and it is cleaner to use for satanic ritual purposes. I found beautiful blue beeswax taper candles for my altar :)

Ill use parrafin as last resort or if I dont have anyother option at moment. Palm wax candlesnext best thing and good alternative.
------------------------------
On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 11:40 PM PDT hecktic_shadow@... wrote:

Beeswax is great, natural and it lasts longer. -En Haradren Amlug. --- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], <matthewgifford361@... wrote: So I recently looked up what the typical candle wax is made from, and it says most candles, being made from "paraffin" wax, is a petroleum-based wax made from a by-product of the crude oil manufacturing process? I had also head many of the wicks they put in them contain metals, such as lead or zinc, which can be toxic when burnt? Does this make paraffin wax candles unacceptable to use, considering how the Gods likely have a disapproving attitude towards them (from what I can start to see, anyway, given how environmentally hazardous they seem to be). What of waxes like palm wax, or soy wax? Plain cotton wicks without any metals? Are they the suitable choice for candles? I hear things like free-standing soy wax candles being too easy to break, making soy wax unsuitable for anything other than container candles? I hear HP
Maxine saying the only suitable material to use for candle holders are silver. Silver being so expensive and hard to find, would it be okay to use glass or other types of metal to use as a container for candles, and candle use? I have been trying to use artificial lighting as little as possible and switch to a more "natural" lighting, given how artificial lighting doesn't seem to be very "spiritually" friendly, from how I feel about it. Hail the Gods of Hell

Also. With the coconut oil. You can even melt it in your hand through a cup or whatever. And let it air dry :) you just want to keep it in a container when you go to burn it it'll turn totally liquid. Also!!! Check out these badass candles made out of just straight oranges! Maybe put a clean oil in it.. vegetable. And that's it. Already scented and dyed!!!!

Hey:) I'm into sort of making candles finding new ways ect. Last night I had a good idea. Virgin coconut oil dries solid, easy to melt on low heat, and doesn't change on the molecular level with high heat. For a wick - the center of a citrus fruit dried out!!! If coconut oil doesn't burn well enough for you even add a little citric acid from whatever fruit or extract. You can make it whatever color.. but should be a natural oil dye or something because food coloring doesn't mix well. You can add herbs whatever. Using a citrus wick is a good idea but is ruled by the sun. A really good idea for solar working or try any other. But you can buy string wicks at craft stores too and what not! Liquid candles, made of an oil or whatever burns can even do. Dye it scent it herb it. For whatever you want it to correspond too! Best I got so far if nothing is def coconut oil.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back