Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Pandemonium - oil painting by DarkAries

DarkAries

Greetings
This project nearly took a whole week, and around 25-30 hours. Still, it was most enjoyable to recreate this scene. Worked on very thin layers, so I hadnt wait weeks for the underpaint to dry out.
IMG_20240824_180354.jpg
If this scene is familiar for anyone, its because I recreated an illustration from Paradise lost. Yes, that poem is a xian garbage, except the first chapter. The first chapter shows Satan as a rebelling antihero, who fights against a tyrant 'god'. I made a previous attempt around 3 years earlier, not bad compared of how much experience I had.
IMG_20240824_180020.jpg

Hail Satan forever!

Beautiful!!!

But, it's more time worth to draw with the computer and make a pdf file, so anyone can make a stamp out of it.

You can find more palette colors for the shadows, or to create intensity and brighness.

Then, is it based on golden ratio?
Without it, it isn't a Masterart, but still, you have done good.

Greetings
This project nearly took a whole week, and around 25-30 hours. Still, it was most enjoyable to recreate this scene. Worked on very thin layers, so I hadnt wait weeks for the underpaint to dry out.
View attachment 3733 If this scene is familiar for anyone, its because I recreated an illustration from Paradise lost. Yes, that poem is a xian garbage, except the first chapter. The first chapter shows Satan as a rebelling antihero, who fights against a tyrant 'god'. I made a previous attempt around 3 years earlier, not bad compared of how much experience I had.
View attachment 3734

Hail Satan forever!

Good work. You are clearly very talented. Keep developing your talent and you can become a very capable SS artist.

To see greater results, you have to paint a lot. If you're not doing so already, try to paint every day. Get in the work hours till the brush is an extension of yourself.

For architecture, you may want to do precise line work with pencil first, that you can paint over later, so the architecture in the finished work has the right dimensions.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back