Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Overstimulation

Taol

Hey,

I've been having a problem for quite a long time and I'd like to ask for suggestions as to how to deal with this. Or what I can do as in a working or something to lower the amount this problem is causing.

Well. What I am having trouble with is that at some point I end up being busy about the whole day, from waking up to sleeping. And this goes on for months and months and months, and I end up reaching the point that my head simply can't take it anymore. So I scrap things I wanted to do which are less important to keep the overview.
Then somehow I quit being busy and then am unable to do anything really for months, mostly it seems during winter time.

Now I've been busy in the garden, I still need to learn for school (need to for months but just couldn't get to it and its not because of a job or something), and there are a load of other things that just still need to be done.

I know I should try to hurry up during the day to get as much done as possible, but there just seem to be minutes and hours wasted.
Now I do try to have at least about an hour to myself daily (in which lately I've just ended up playing a game) to rest and such outside of sleeping.

On top of that I get the urges to create things, like sew, knit etc. There are projects which I didn't finish and then I want to start another. I have forced myself in the past to not start any of them but it is just for weeks that I think about the thing.
The projects which I didn't finish yet I have put in one bag now.

Just simply meditating seems to help to rest too, not doing any power meditations but just to calm down to myself (a bit like void). and it certainly helps a lot in not getting so friggin overloaded by external stimulation.

Just mostly those things that I've been bugging with:
- how do I focus so things get done fast
- how do I eliminate new things that just have to be done
- how do I integrate more peace and simplicity in life and make it feel less hectic?

Look, you can tell me to meditate more or to advance myself more but that'd only load to the majority of things that I have been busy with all day long.
Sometimes to fix things you have to do less instead of occupying yourself and forcing yourself to do more. To make a solid base you have to kick out what does not belong there. A project you start is an engagement, like taking a pet, if you take a dog you have to take care of it, take it for a walk at least twice a day feed it etc.

Often people in their free time take on things they can do, but in quite a few cases, like gaming, it'd mean to be something you can quit about any time unless you want to or force yourself to do it every single day. But things like running a group or other longer term things are commitments, like meditation. It is a commitment.

Cut out what isn't necessary to your advancement. Keep to your responsibilities and duties, of course, but don't start new projects until old ones are finished.
Intuitively (to me), it sounds like you are just scattering your energies and spreading yourself too thin. Just focus on one thing at a time, instead of just trying to get extra projects on your plate that are only feel-good. Choose and have one or two hobbies for example, and focus the rest of the time on the things that are necessary, like school and/or work, power meditation, advancing yourself, yoga, etc.
This is what I would do, though. It's just a personal perspective because I know how you are feeling through what you have written in your original post. I want to get a lot of things done too but I have to put them off for another day, like watching certain movies or reading certain books, because I have other things that call for my immediate attention and that I must attend to that day, or sometime during that hour.
Heck, I want to learn the lyre and the sitar but on top of the harp (which I play) there just aren't enough hours in the day with what the Gods have piled on me to do.
Was this helpful? I welcome feedback and an ongoing conversation if you want, here in the groups.

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 4:26 AM, "taolvanswd@... [JoyofSatan666]" <[email protected] wrote:

Hey,

I've been having a problem for quite a long time and I'd like to ask for suggestions as to how to deal with this. Or what I can do as in a working or something to lower the amount this problem is causing.

Well. What I am having trouble with is that at some point I end up being busy about the whole day, from waking up to sleeping. And this goes on for months and months and months, and I end up reaching the point that my head simply can't take it anymore. So I scrap things I wanted to do which are less important to keep the overview.
Then somehow I quit being busy and then am unable to do anything really for months, mostly it seems during winter time.

Now I've been busy in the garden, I still need to learn for school (need to for months but just couldn't get to it and its not because of a job or something), and there are a load of other things that just still need to be done.

I know I should try to hurry up during the day to get as much done as possible, but there just seem to be minutes and hours wasted.
Now I do try to have at least about an hour to myself daily (in which lately I've just ended up playing a game) to rest and such outside of sleeping.

On top of that I get the urges to create things, like sew, knit etc. There are projects which I didn't finish and then I want to start another. I have forced myself in the past to not start any of them but it is just for weeks that I think about the thing.

Just simply meditating seems to help to rest too, not doing any power meditations but just to calm down to myself (a bit like void). and it certainly helps a lot in not getting so friggin overloaded by external stimulation.

- how do I integrate more peace and simplicity in life and make it feel less hectic?

Look, you can tell me to meditate more or to advance myself more but that'd only load to the majority of things that I have been busy with all day long.
Sometimes to fix things you have to do less instead of occupying yourself and forcing yourself to do more. To make a solid base you have to kick out what does not belong there. A project you start is an engagement, like taking a pet, if you take a dog you have to take care of it, take it for a walk at least twice a day feed it etc.

Often people in their free time take on things they can do, but in quite a few cases, like gaming, it'd mean to be something you can quit about any time unless you want to or force yourself to do it every single day. But things like running a group or other longer term things are commitments, like meditation. It is a commitment.

Yes I know I have to cut out things, thats why I've been cleaning up. If it isn't there I wouldn't be tempted to work on it.

Its not just projects, but other things and basicly my main issue is I can't seem to be able to spend my time in a day more wisely. Meaning, I end up doing something, like spending time on here, 30 mins already ffies... but there just are certain things that NEED to get done and they don't get done.

Not just a matter of spreading energies thin.

Hey Magus,

Just wanted to say thank you for what you said but thing is, some people figure this out when they are 50.. I am 21 and already hitting a wall. Well only thing is, if you learn it at a young age you are only going to profit from it later.

It's quite hard to understand and I don't know exactly why either or how to explain it better.

Too much outward and not enough inward probably.
Currently considering throwing unfinished projects away. It'd take me about an hour to finish one of them but I don't think I have that hour to spare. Can't. Focus. aarg.

I think I have an idea of what you're saying. It sounds like you need a schedule/routine? It should help you get an idea of what you should get done vs what you actually get done. When I was in school I didn't have anything that I *needed* to do, just things I *wanted* to do, but every night I'd think "Where'd the day go?" Because when I'd reflect on it I really didn't do much. It really was frustrating that it seemed I could hardly get anything done.
So what you can do is create a routine where you allocate x amount of time to things that needs to get done, probably have it the majority of your days. And allocate the other portion of your day to your other endeavors. I'm not sure what's on your plate but this is how my schedule looked like my last semester:
M/W11a-1p               Workout1p-2:30p            Shower/Eat/Relax2:30p-4:30p       Class15p-7p                 Study/Be lazy*7p-8p                 Eat8p-10p               Class project11p-1a               Study for GRE1a-3a                 Personal Project
T/Th11a-1p               Workout1p-2:30p            Shower/Eat/Relax2:30p-4:30p       Study/Be lazy*4p-6p                 Class27p-9p                 Class59p-10p               Eat11p-1a               Study for GRE1a-3a                 Personal Project
*i was lazy the majority of the time unless I fell behind on my classes
I didn't have a schedule for F/Sa/Su. During that time I did hw, self-taught courses, or my 3rd and 4th class.
For me this really helped because i think about things that I have to get done when I should be doing something else. This hindered me when I was supposed to be doing that something else because it was distracting and slowed the pace of the task at hand. So with a schedule I was able to stop and say "ok focus on this task" because I knew I had time allocated in my day to do my other tasks and didn't have to worry about if they will get done, you know?  
So like based on the projects you can make a schedule with the necessities allocated as the majority, then allocate time for your garden, and time for your sewing project, knitting project, meditation, school, etc(yeah that sounds like a lot). I have come to include a miscellaneous times slot for unexpected things that come up. If that is still too much for one day, you can separate your creative endeavors to different days. Like Sewing and school on M/W/F and knitting and garden on T/Th/Sa. If that makes sense. I'm sure there's apps to help. I use Pocket Schedule but the last update made it buggy

On May 10, 2016, at 5:11 PM, taolvanswd@... [JoyofSatan666] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
  Hey,

I seem to be having the problem as well of when I do something I can't focus and it takes me 2-3 times longer than it does to other people.
Now you can learn to focus, but seeing as I needed to learn that years ago and it still is a problem now, there must be something I could do to change that.

Also, I tried something with tyr a while ago. It helped to remove the energy that was causing me wanting to do tons of stuff. And now I am faced with things that I want and need to finish but somehow just don't end up finishing.

In example today I woke up, done morning meditations, ate, took a much needed bath, had a driving lesson, cut up a melon, then went on my laptop typing something out, ate dinner and few other stuff.
It does not seem like much but now that I sum it up it seems like more than what I thought it was.

Heck just now I realized that yesterday I wanted myself to clean up the table and chair and I remember that just now. I've wasted hours, I really should be sleeping now, but I just spend about 2-3 hours half awake sitting against the wall with my eyes closed.

Also there's something else that's been bugging me. Why is there the need to turn the tv on? or the radio? it could be a habit, but I think there is much more going on than just an addiction or a habit.
How do I figure this out? This stuff also adds to the overstimulation one can't have/doesn't need in their life.

You're welcome, Taolvanswd. I wish I could be  of more help. 
HS/88

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:53 PM, "taolvanswd@... [JoyofSatan666]" <[email protected] wrote:

Hey Magus,

Just wanted to say thank you for what you said but thing is, some people figure this out when they are 50.. I am 21 and already hitting a wall. Well only thing is, if you learn it at a young age you are only going to profit from it later.

It's quite hard to understand and I don't know exactly why either or how to explain it better.

Currently considering throwing unfinished projects away. It'd take me about an hour to finish one of them but I don't think I have that hour to spare. Can't. Focus. aarg.

Thanks Vadric.

I somehow have to make a planner for all the assignments I still need to do for school. Its quite a lot, in fact, its so much that it makes your head dizzy just to think about it.

There are other things but yeah.. I've decided to give up knitting and sewing for the time being, at least when I finish something I put it away till everything is done. That is the idea.

Just to make sure the time system shouldn't be abused by leaving not any space in between for breaks. That could become a problem.
Breaks are needed to refresh the mind and to keep focussed :) leaving those out is unhealthy.

Have you ever visited someone else's house and felt the difference in how the house feels compared to yours?

Some places can be nasty.

The planner could just be a part  of the problem, but there are just multiple things.

I couldn't put any specific time for dinner in it. meaning I'd have to keep about 3 hours free. Besides that I'm dealing with near constant distraction in any form, people with the attitude of 'unless it is an appointment I won't get anything done and this is a natural thing'.

No its not a fcking natural thing ffies. You can not depend on outer sources to get things done for you or to help you to get things done. Sometimes it helps to have people with the same interests but in the end it is still YOU that puts the effort in.

Which in the case of the garden there hadn't been worked on for years the grass wouldn't have been mown for months and what not.

I don't have the energy or time to run a household for 4 people by myself. So cooking dinner myself is out of the question.

Neither do I actually have time for people that'd rather waste theirs on tv, radio and such to run it nearly 24/7 ...
Annoying thing is that I don't have the space to put everything in my bedroom or that I do have enough resources to find a solution to the problem.

How much I'd love to slap everyone in the face, throw away the radio, break the television, and a few other things.
I know that if I feel this way about my household you'd probably say that I need to find a place of my own. Thing is, people that don't have a paper and are out of a certain age have a hard time finding a job, simply because they hire the youngest unschooled person they can for that job. Besides that I won't have enough time to work more due to my study ...

So its some sort of dilemma.

Somewhere the same pattern is repeated over and over and over and it has been for years and years, about as long as I can remember even though I was told it wasn't Always like that. Something happened and it changed.

A living space should be for everyone, not just an infestation of other peoples energy making one uncomfortable and pushed out, overstimulated, unfocussed, stressed etc.
If you spend time with family it should feel joyous , not like a burden, under whatever reason.

---In [email protected], <magus.immortalis@... wrote :

You're welcome, Taolvanswd. I wish I could be  of more help. 
HS/88

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:53 PM, "taolvanswd@... [JoyofSatan666]" <[email protected] wrote:

Hey Magus,

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back