Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Necronomicon

• Thread starter JoS Forum Contributions
  • Start date
J

JoS Forum Contributions

Necronomicon

This is an answer I gave to this question on a thread discussion.

Lovecraft received a copy of this book from a friend of his who was in the occult word. He wrote about this in his letters. Lovecraft had a personal occult library. He then used this book in his own mythos. This book was on the list of banned books by the Catholic Church going back hundreds of years. John Dee is the one who translated it and put it back into use again. That is why the title of it is in Latin this was the universal educated language of the time.

This was around the time of a major occult wave of information in Europe. The famous French occultist, Flamel wrote about how he brought a book off a young Jewish man. Flamel had to travel to Spain to find a translater. The book was written in ancient Chaldean. This was in the 14th century. The book itself was ancient not written in paper but in treated wood pages to last forever. Does it make sense another book that had Chaldean sources could exist.... Note the Mad Arab and such. Much of the alchemical works in Europe all came from Arab sources thought Spain. Some authors seemed to have added to things later on. But all the sigils and names of the Sumerian Gods are real. Its a book on alchemy. The world didn't start to even have a knowledge of Sumerian Gods till the start of the 20th century with books like "Bible and Babel" wrote by a German archeologist this is when they started to be able to translate tablets. Yet this book has total list of all the Sumerian deities and its centuries old.

Thank you , this reassured me as I own a copy of the necronomicon and didn’t know for sure if all the drawings and Sumerian names were authentic or not . ( it’s a Simon copy? ) So this book will definitely help with pronouncements and sigils or should I always refer to my Jos notes ?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back