Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Music during ritual/meetings?

Anthony P

Brothers and Sisters,

Our coven has used various music during our rituals and meetings for a number of years. But lately, we've been wanting to experiment and I'm wondering what everyone here recommends? We want something that doesn't detract from the seriousness of the situation but still is 1) Satanic and 2) creates the right mood.

Any recommendations?

Hail Satan!
Night Child

Last couple of Thanksgiving/general rituals I put on Miles Davis "Bitches Brew". It's a little longer than 20 minutes, no vocals, no heavy beat, kind of dreamy and mysterious, and it fit my mood perfectly.

I find the more radical Classical and Jazz to be very Satanic. I love using Holst's "The Planets" for specific works, since there is a piece for each planet, and also check out the works of Ravel and Stravinski's "The Rites of Spring" Paganini composed Caprices for the violin; when these were performed, people claimed he 'sold his soul to Satan' for the ability to play that way, like Robert Johnson the blues guitarist.

I am very interested in all kinds of music (pity I suck at playing/singing, LOL) for use in ritual. If you have musicians in your coven, live stuff can be amazing. When I was a pagan Witch, we often had bodhran drums, guitars, bazoukis and bagpipes at our Grand Sabbats - it was wonderful. Don't forget dancing either!

I look forward to everyone elses suggestions - always on the lookout for new music.

HS
B

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Anthony P" <nightchild@... wrote:

Brothers and Sisters,

Our coven has used various music during our rituals and meetings for a number of years. But lately, we've been wanting to experiment and I'm wondering what everyone here recommends? We want something that doesn't detract from the seriousness of the situation but still is 1) Satanic and 2) creates the right mood.

Any recommendations?

Hail Satan!
Night Child

<td val[/IMG]GOOGLE YOUTUBE search sartanic music

--- On Wed, 8/5/09, Anthony P <nightchild@... wrote:
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Music during ritual/meetings?
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 1:11 AM

Brothers and Sisters,

Any recommendations?

Hail Satan!
Night Child
[/TD]

metal is always a fine choice, I always get
inspired by things like rock ballads, something mildly or majorly agressive smthn that just
sends chills of inspiration over yer body

----------
Hail Satan Lord Undeniable!!!!

------Original Message------
To: <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Date: Wed, Aug 5, 2009 01:11 AM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Music during ritual/meetings?

Brothers and Sisters,

Any recommendations?

Hail Satan!
Night Child

I recommend Loreena Mckennitt (I'm not sure if I spelled it right). She did music for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Her music is mid evil pagan, it helps me get in the mood and relax for meditation.

Another authentic band is Samael. Particularly their first album "Worship Him" is hardcore Satanic yet very ritualistic, I use it for punishing enemies in ritual. Another one of their albums is "Era One + Lessons in Magic N. 1" (Its without vocals).

Loreena McKennett's music is beautiful, much of which she composes/arranges herself. The woman is very talented!

I thought it was Enya (another very talented Irish woman -- Loreena is Canadian but of Irish origins too) who worked with Howard Shore on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I have much of the music (but not all) for Lord of the Rings on my iPod as well as Enya and Loreena and, believe me, they get listened to a lot!

If Loreena did some of the Lord of the Rings would you pls. tell me which one, so I can track it down? Thanx.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "highabove72" <highabove72@... wrote:

I recommend Loreena Mckennitt (I'm not sure if I spelled it right). She did music for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Her music is mid evil pagan, it helps me get in the mood and relax for meditation.

Another authentic band is Samael. Particularly their first album "Worship Him" is hardcore Satanic yet very ritualistic, I use it for punishing enemies in ritual. Another one of their albums is "Era One + Lessons in Magic N. 1" (Its without vocals).

Don't know if it fits your taste, but I like to listen to Schiller or Sopor Aeternus when meditating. Maybe not very satanic, but it creates the right mood (for me).
Examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NzWB-0SLHw
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDUUp0fltXQ

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Anthony P" <nightchild@... wrote:

Brothers and Sisters,

Any recommendations?

Hail Satan!
Night Child

First off; Bitches brew! Such a badass album!
Anyway, I've worked in music for 10 years & collected many things I like to use. I personnally like secular choir for purposeful magick, ambiant native American tribal music, & I even use Team Sleep to relax (turned down of course. It is a bit of rock) some piano lead songs from the Ocean's Precambrian album (cryogenian) are really good for a bigger feel. White Zombie's blood milk & sky turned down is really nice for me when I do energy excercises. I have a few gig more, but I can't think right now.
Hope this helps!

I simply typed LoR soundtracks in Limewire and I discovered Lorreena from there lol

Loreena McKennett's music is beautiful, much of which she composes/arranges herself. The woman is very talented!

I thought it was Enya (another very talented Irish woman -- Loreena is Canadian but of Irish origins too) who worked with Howard Shore on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I have much of the music (but not all) for Lord of the Rings on my iPod as well as Enya and Loreena and, believe me, they get listened to a lot!

If Loreena did some of the Lord of the Rings would you pls. tell me which one, so I can track it down? Thanx.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "highabove72" <highabove72@ wrote:

Brothers and Sisters,

Any recommendations?

Hail Satan!
Night Child
Here's some that I think you will be most impressed with, I'v used these for many rituals and they work very well, set the mood and contribute on a sonic level to the ritual work.
Aeoga:Zenith Beyond the Helix-Locus
Zoat-Aon:The Triplex Bestial
Aeoga:Coav
Arktau Eos:Mirrorion
Halo Manash:par Antrai Vir
Seeker:Invocation of the Sleeper
Projekt Thule:Cosmic Law
Zoat-Aon:Star Autopsy
Chaos as Shelter:Midnight Prayer/Illusions
Chaos as Shelter:Dawn Syndrone
Lapis Niger:At the Throne of Melek Taus
Halo Manash:Am Kha Astrie
Halo Manash:Language of Red Goats

Hope these are of some help, if you need help in finding them feel free to email me and I'll send you some sites that carry them. I also have many others in my music library, sonic working in a ritual context is a special study of mine .

Ave Satanas

ShadowLord

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back