Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Multiple epiphyseal dysplasia?

SeerOfSS

I posted this on main group. Wanted to see if can get more info here.

It effects the knees that it turns it to the inside.
Doctor said it requires surgery, to plates on the knees to help keep it straight. Things plates from understanding. Along with will need surgery again to take them plates out some years later. Have not seen doctor. His mother talked to doctor but she only asked short term and nothing long term.

Thanks

That's quite a problem to have, are you certain it is multiple epiphyseal dysplasia? It could be weak muscles and / or wear & tear of the joints instead.

There are quite a few exercises that can help repair wear and tear of the joints and strengthen weak muscles (there are quite a few important but forgotten muscles in the body, it is important to train these for optimal physical health), the "knees over toes guy" has some very good information on this on youtube, I highly recommend checking this out. If it is multiple epiphyseal dysplasia I am not sure if the above will suffice, that said it very well could fix the problem. Do be aware that it can take months to years of doing the right exercises to fix this.

Bad walking habits & modern shoes can also cause problems in the joints & posture, barefoot shoes can help in this regard.

That's quite a problem to have, are you certain it is multiple epiphyseal dysplasia? It could be weak muscles and / or wear & tear of the joints instead.

There are quite a few exercises that can help repair wear and tear of the joints and strengthen weak muscles (there are quite a few important but forgotten muscles in the body, it is important to train these for optimal physical health), the "knees over toes guy" has some very good information on this on youtube, I highly recommend checking this out. If it is multiple epiphyseal dysplasia I am not sure if the above will suffice, that said it very well could fix the problem. Do be aware that it can take months to years of doing the right exercises to fix this.

Bad walking habits & modern shoes can also cause problems in the joints & posture, barefoot shoes can help in this regard

Will look it up at YouTube, the doctor said it was. I think he probably got it from my DNA, they wanted to do a DNA test on both me and mother to see if came from us, if not then he won't pass it on but if did will pass it on...
Think I said but in can doctor said really this year is last that he can have surgery to help fix the issue.
He does you and exercise and active to a degree but yoga every day for sure.
Along with per doctor on leg may be slit shorter then other.
Thinking now, having him do those may not help enough for the life style we have.
Will try to implement the videos if can help and in the future keep him strong with it.
Thank you

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back