Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Kung Fu: Scandals

[email protected]

This post will be addressing the kung fu scandals going on for a while now, things to be careful of when learning any style, and some other stuff to take into consideration when learning a martial art.

Scandals: Kung Fu, for a long time, was a secret in China. It was believed only the Chinese could teach and learn kung fu. Over time, it started to spread outside of China. People like Bruce lee helped teach many non Chinese and non Asians about Chinese martial arts. These events made it easier for people to learn kung fu and other fighting styles.

A more recent event many of you may know about would be the tai chi master losing a fight in 10 seconds to a boxer. This sparked a major controversy which brought up the question if Kung Fu actually was effective. In my last post I gave the brief explanation of the 3 main styles of kung fu. Tai chi(internal), Xing yi quan(external), and Qi gong. Right off the bat many people without any spiritual knowledge would assume tai chi doesn't work at all. Even the tai chi master himself started taking kick boxing classes. So what went wrong? Tai chi is seen as the ultimate form of kung fu. The reason being is because it is more for spiritual purposes. All the movements resemble moving a ball of energy, or doing long motions with your arms. Kung Fu and martial arts isn't about winning. It's about not fighting and doing what you can to prevent a fight until you cannot. Then the skills will ensure your safety. That is why traditionally there is emphasis on conditioning, discipline, and hard work. If Kung Fu was truly against this notion, Xing yi would be the ultimate form since it's more aggressive and about attacking.

The tai chi master had another fight after he trained in kick boxing and also lost that fight. It was against another "Kung Fu master" who obviously never fought a day in his life. He mostly won due to weight and height. But even if a "Kung Fu master" won, it still looked very ineffective. The term Fake martial arts would be used to describe the styles these men used.

Stay cautious: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the styles are bad in any way. I surely know tai chi has importance and I know anything can work if trained and tested enough. However, where did these people learn these styles? How many times have they sparred using those styles? Are they using the traditional system or a modern system? Many people now in days can teach martial arts. But they can also teach their own brand of a style. I will use wing chun as an example since I personally do it. On YouTube there are many people teaching wing chun. One guy I saw do the wing chun first form was called Jake Mace. Yes he is a Jew but he is also a good example for what I am trying to demonstrate. His wing chun videos are very wrong. Generally he knows where to move his hands, but his movements are extremely aggressive and done fast. The exact opposite of what WC is all about. By his own words he says he does shaolin kung fu(the five animal styles), but on all of his videos you will see people who train in those styles say he is wrong and is a scam artist. Some may say it's his interpretation or his version of the styles, but he never states that it's his brand. He sells it like it's legit and traditional. That is something everyone should be careful about when learning a style. Find out of what lineage you are, and if you're learning a modified or traditional system. I will make a separate post on lineage after this to further explain it.

As SS being physically fit and active can help us tremendously in the long run for spiritual and physical purposes. Whether you wish to learn any style for spiritual needs, physical needs, or pure interest, make sure you are careful to avoid fake martial arts masters, teachers, etc. If the situation ever occurs that you need to use your skills, a fake martial artists skills will simply fail. At best they can hurt an average person a bit, but people tend to throw out wild haymakers in response. It just won't work.

What makes a good fighter: Practice makes perfect. Learning moves is one thing, but applying them to a fight is another. Muscle memory takes over, adrenaline is making you less focused, etc. This is where sparring comes in. Sparring is possibly the realist form of training you can get. It will simulate a similar scenario and set the conditions for you to try out what you learned. If you can't get a partner then shadow boxing will be the next best thing. That requires a lot of focus and visualization but still effective. I've noticed even thinking about a more and how to apply it will help. Replaying it in your head for a while will help it become an instinct. Just expose yourself to it and your mind will pick up on it eventually.

Conclusion: What kung fu in general lacks today is proper sparring, testing, and there are many fake instructors. In wing chun usually the sparring consists of either sticky hands or WC people vs other WC people. It's no mistake that Kung Fu is effective or once was since it still exists. However people back then would fight people of other styles. That's how you make your skills more useful and perfect them. If WC people focus on bigger opponents they will adapt to take down bigger people, if they focus on boxers the same will occur. How you train your skills will determine how the end result will be. If you half ass your training then your skills will also lack in effectiveness.

My next post will address lineage and the different spellings of styles. Thank you all for reading

The reality here is exactly as you speak and I know from experience. This martial art used to be way more spiritual than it is presented. Now, it's all about waving your hands and feet and just that.
There are also some charlatan Kung-fu instructors who literally frown upon anything spiritual, and do this as some sort of materialistic art.

Caeryx, interesting enough, your post is a coincidence in my part. I can agree here on some since I never knew how kung-fu is, but would like to learn and delve into it.

Tai Chi is true, coincidentally, I saw the movie "Shaolin Soccer." It was a little funny since it's like slapstick comedy, but I hated how it looks like "Let's make fun of the kung-fu masters by making it look ridicolous." However, the part where the bald girl got the soccer ball through her arms and hands connected to what you said.

A fight against another really is necessary. For example, recently, me and Xavier, my GD and incubus started a "Jumpscare Training," where he will initiate a jumpscare to me at random times. Why I tried to bring this up? Because I wanted to make throwing an Algiz Rune towards either myself or to the jumpscare as a cleansing attack. It eventually worked, and I wasn't a scaredy cat anymore. There are still other tactics he used for my training, such as playing upon my fears, but he would cut it out if it was too much for me and try to calm me down. It's a long progress, but it's worth it since I don't want the enemies of Satan take advantage of my fears anymore.

Hphc, yea it's a real shame. I think it's a fusion of things like UFC and MMA along with the obvious censorship or spirituality. Now in days many people just train to fight not to grow or be the best they can be. A good example is muay thai. It's a sport version of muay boran. Muay boran is seen as one of the deadliest arts, however there is a traditional dance and ritual. Even the more combat heavy ones have some spirituality in there lol. Muay thai just takes out many of the traditions. Personally ive never learned the ceremonial dance in class or other traditions. The only thing that seemed to stick would be the ranking system.

Heather, thats really interesting. Thanks for sharing that. One thing the enemy used to do a lot to me was appear in dreams. I guess it's due to me not being fully aware of myself in lucid dreams. At times I would see some shadows before bed as well. What I did was make 2 auras of protection. One that would naturally kill and repel jews, greys, reptilians, and any enemies of satan that aren't gentiles. Another that would protect me from all of those. Both of electric blue energy. Another thing I did if I felt an enemy was fill the room with spears of electric blue energy, visualizing them stab through a grey, reptilian, and a enemy shadow figure(which I assume is an enemy Nordic. I get that feeling from them) then they explode and fill the room with sparks and flames. I also alert Satan and my guardian about an enemy being near.

Sorry for late reply, been busy.

That happened to me too, the dreams and all. I remembered last month that I just had a normal dream of an 8-bit videogame turn into a worst dream about jumpscares, but somehow, I caught on and said to myself "This is negative energy and I need to be positive!" So I calmed myself while focusing on my aura. Then I saw myself in a white gold light while I can see my incubus, Xavier, behind me while Father Satan came and placed his hand on my head. I woke up and once I got to open my eyes, I noticed the dark mist in the room disappear.

I then thanked and talked to them, asking what just happened, and my incubus said that he was fending the enemies off. He also added with me being calm in the dream, they couldn't get any more negative energy (which is FEAR) so they retaliated their attack and left. Then Father visited to check on us.

It was kinda funny after me looking at that dream, I felt scared, but I noticed this and said "My gosh, late reaction!" Then they both laughed and just comforted while talking to me that night. That was also the time where their influences of making me fear them were already failing, so they tried to attack me in the dream. This also made me much more determined now, and with me doing a new AoP, things have been going well.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back