Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Introductory Meditation to Runes

OttoHart

This meditation has been designed after I studied and connected with the God Thoth. While this meditation is not directly from Him, I believe He deserves a lot of credit.
Often enough, after I grow in closeness to a God a bit, I get answers to questions I didn't even directly ask.

I've had some thoughts holding me back about using Runes in my practice. I'm slowly transitioning towards using Runic vibration for my AC and AoP, and I also want to implement Runic workings into my life. But the thought that it is "advanced" has been slowing me down.
I just randomly thought of this meditation to introduce me to the energy and knowledge of the Runes, and I'd love it if some more advanced people could take a look and see if it's good.
I've found it useful in just two days of doing it, and I plan to do it for 40 days.

_

AUM x 1

Prayer:

"Lord Satan, highest of all and first Awakened, I am taking the steps to be a worthy student. I acknowledge that the Runic power stems from Your greatness, and I honor this. None but You and Those of Yourself could grant this power, may all acknowledge You and the Powers of Hell as the source of Runic power now and forever."

Perthro x 5

Affirm: (x 3)

"
The Rune Perthro is opening the door to the power and understanding of Runes for me. I am now on a path to gain full, uncorrupted knowledge of how to best use the Runes for my benefit, now and forever."

AUM x 1

_

Note:
This meditation shouldn't replace actual studying of the meaning and power of the Runes. Quite the contrary, it will encourage one to study them. Maybe, if you lack the time, it will grant you the time. It all depends on understanding what truly has been stopping you, and your own power to overcome it.

Hail Satan!

Learning is by doing.

In regards to prayers to Satan, it is very nice what you wrote and also this is highly individual and this is by no means meant to interfere in your approach to Satan, in how and why your heart feels and your mind proceeds, so take this in the most positive way possible, before being extremely theatrical for an elevated addressing, one needs deep and sincere approach. Copying high ritualistic behavior from the established rituals to show respect is fine, but one must have first a true sincere essence, "naked", as they are, reach out. Then after true acceptance and acknowledgment that one was sincere, one can have basis of true eulogy, reach out in ritualistic form. So if you truly want to use this approach, you must really mean it, and this will often be a very high intimate moment, not a shared one.

This I say, because you will benefit from this, and most people will. This is not about being informal, but about being themselves in their approach.

Creating also rituals/meditations for others when one is very new is not a good use of time. Rituals and meditations in Joy of Satan are sacrilege and extreme highness. Afraid of the runes but created a ritualistic meditation. There is extreme depth and profoundness about everything here, so you should allow playful curiosity and dabbling into this, but you must understand true seriousness and not just veil in it. Runes are extremely powerful when the soul is powerful, one is not wrong to take precautions. However for positive thoughts and positive magic, everything is safe for learning and normal experimentation. Do not be excessive or an extremist as a beginner.

Learning is by doing.

In regards to prayers to Satan, it is very nice what you wrote and also this is highly individual and this is by no means meant to interfere in your approach to Satan, in how and why your heart feels and your mind proceeds, so take this in the most positive way possible, before being extremely theatrical for an elevated addressing, one needs deep and sincere approach. Copying high ritualistic behavior from the established rituals to show respect is fine, but one must have first a true sincere essence, "naked", as they are, reach out. Then after true acceptance and acknowledgment that one was sincere, one can have basis of true eulogy, reach out in ritualistic form. So if you truly want to use this approach, you must really mean it, and this will often be a very high intimate moment, not a shared one.

This I say, because you will benefit from this, and most people will. This is not about being informal, but about being themselves in their approach.

Creating also rituals/meditations for others when one is very new is not a good use of time. Rituals and meditations in Joy of Satan are sacrilege and extreme highness. Afraid of the runes but created a ritualistic meditation. There is extreme depth and profoundness about everything here, so you should allow playful curiosity and dabbling into this, but you must understand true seriousness and not just veil in it. Runes are extremely powerful when the soul is powerful, one is not wrong to take precautions. However for positive thoughts and positive magic, everything is safe for learning and normal experimentation. Do not be excessive or an extremist as a beginner.
Thank you for the advice, JG.

"Rigorous and overmeticulous" is my approach to everything, haha, but I understand your point of view.

I'm also definitely as immersed as can be into the JoS meditations and practices, I'm practicing basically everything that isn't just too advanced for me.

I felt that this method solved some problems for me, but you're right about the fact that it's a bit weird and shouldn't be a priority, and it certainly isn't.

I don't necessarily think this working would be damaging for me, since I'm using Perthro for an intended purpose of it (understanding the other Runes, as mentioned by JoS), and neither the affirmation nor the prayer is negative. As far as being "overflamboyant" and not sincere and genuine, those things coincide for me. I'm not being ceremonial for the sake of it, it's my personal means of showing respect and approaching things.

At worst, this would be useless or provide little value, but if it helps me gain confidence and initiative in studying and applying the Runes, I suppose it did its job.

No offense taken about your response, by the way. I'm glad that someone of high ranking has disagreements about my practice and voices them, because it helps me grow and could help me avoid disaster sometimes.

Thank you for the advice, JG.

"Rigorous and overmeticulous" is my approach to everything, haha, but I understand your point of view.

I'm also definitely as immersed as can be into the JoS meditations and practices, I'm practicing basically everything that isn't just too advanced for me.

I felt that this method solved some problems for me, but you're right about the fact that it's a bit weird and shouldn't be a priority, and it certainly isn't.

I don't necessarily think this working would be damaging for me, since I'm using Perthro for an intended purpose of it (understanding the other Runes, as mentioned by JoS), and neither the affirmation nor the prayer is negative. As far as being "overflamboyant" and not sincere and genuine, those things coincide for me. I'm not being ceremonial for the sake of it, it's my personal means of showing respect and approaching things.

At worst, this would be useless or provide little value, but if it helps me gain confidence and initiative in studying and applying the Runes, I suppose it did its job.

No offense taken about your response, by the way. I'm glad that someone of high ranking has disagreements about my practice and voices them, because it helps me grow and could help me avoid disaster sometimes.
I like your rune working, just include in your affirmation: " In a positive and healthy way for me" as you don't want a car accident to bring you much free time, combined with the need off staying in bed to heal.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back