Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

I do not think that Enki is Satan (theory).

Theognis, Fragment 1. 1345 (trans. Gerber, Vol. Greek Elegiac) (Greek elegy C6th B.C.) :
"There is some pleasure in loving a youth, since once in fact even [Zeus] the son of Kronos (Cronus), king of the immortals, fell in love with Ganymedes (Ganymede), seized him, carried him off to Olympos (Olympus), and made him divine, keeping the lovely bloom of boyhood."

Plato, Laws 636c (trans. Bury) (Greek philosopher C4th B.C.) :
"One certainly should not fail to observe that when male unites with female for procreation the pleasure experienced is held to be due to nature, but contrary to nature when male mates with male or female with female, and that those first guilty of such enormities were impelled by their slavery to pleasure. And we all accuse the Kretans (Cretans) of concocting the story about Ganymedes (Ganymede). Because it was the belief that they derived their laws from Zeus, they added on this story about Zeus in order that they might be following his example in enjoying this pleasure as well."
Oh yeah I don't know how I missed it, I even went at the same link you posted here.
Thank you.

I'm not understanding though, are you saying Theognis wrote this myth? It doesn't seem like so, it seems he was one of many talking of it.
Another thing, is it me or are most of the opinions translated there positive to the myth and only Plato is being critical of it?

Oh yeah I don't know how I missed it, I even went at the same link you posted here.
Thank you.

I'm not understanding though, are you saying Theognis wrote this myth? It doesn't seem like so, it seems he was one of many talking of it.
Another thing, is it me or are most of the opinions translated there positive to the myth and only Plato is being critical of it?

From what I understood many authors would take existing myths and expand upon it or create whole new stories, for example the Greek theater they'd take an existing myth in the Odyssey or Iliad and expand on a subject or create a new story/narrative - for better or for worse like some fan fiction, inventing their own version of why that myth was how it was.

From what I understood many authors would take existing myths and expand upon it or create whole new stories, for example the Greek theater they'd take an existing myth in the Odyssey or Iliad and expand on a subject or create a new story/narrative - for better or for worse like some fan fiction, inventing their own version of why that myth was how it was.
Makes sense.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back