Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Going sober

Grin

Hello all, it's been a while since I've been posting. But I would like insight and help into cutting alcohol out of my life damn near completely.

So to shorten up my situation, in recent I've stopped smoking pretty much all at once. But with alcohol, I've been drinking just about every day for just over a year now. I understand with nicotine that's a mental addiction, with alcohol, it can become a physical dependency.

So what should I do? I never drank heavy, like honestly 2-4 beers typically after work. Heavier on the weekend, never got blacked out or anything.

But now it's causing major problems for me and I realize now it's time to quit, or at least significantly cut it out for now. I still do genuinely enjoy a drink, but now it's a problem.

So should I taper off? Do I drink like one beer every day? Just to get it in my system? While keeping that buzz off?

I'm just confused too, do I have to get a buzz to keep off withdrawal symptoms? I'm just so scared to go through what I saw my mom did when she went without alcohol for a couple days. She ended up having a seizure at a family event, and then we lost her due to the cancer from cigarettes.

So I would really appreciate some advice, some guidance. My life has completely been shaken up and I'm trying to cut out more negative habits for good ones, and continue to meditate and become a better person.

Thank you all. Hail Satan and the Gods

I hardly ever drink alcohol. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm happy with it.

Much has been said about this in the forum. You can take a look at them. You can do the ritual of Lord Valefor on a regular basis.

You are a SS, you can achieve anything you will with the guidance of the gods.

The consumption has been consistent, but the amount has not been very much in comparison to what a typical alcoholic can use. That being said there is a chance for the cold turkey to work without causing more than tremors and other relatively manageable physical symptoms. I would suggest having a small dose of alcohol at hand and trying cold turkey. If you feel like a seizure or something is coming up have a drink to avoid it and then opt in for tapering.

You do not need to feel it in your head for the symptoms to go away. It all depends on your current tolerance and the dose you take.

Thank you. I do have some beer on hand, I'm going to see how I feel each day.

Hello all, it's been a while since I've been posting. But I would like insight and help into cutting alcohol out of my life damn near completely.

So to shorten up my situation, in recent I've stopped smoking pretty much all at once. But with alcohol, I've been drinking just about every day for just over a year now. I understand with nicotine that's a mental addiction, with alcohol, it can become a physical dependency.

So what should I do? I never drank heavy, like honestly 2-4 beers typically after work. Heavier on the weekend, never got blacked out or anything.

But now it's causing major problems for me and I realize now it's time to quit, or at least significantly cut it out for now. I still do genuinely enjoy a drink, but now it's a problem.

So should I taper off? Do I drink like one beer every day? Just to get it in my system? While keeping that buzz off?

I'm just confused too, do I have to get a buzz to keep off withdrawal symptoms? I'm just so scared to go through what I saw my mom did when she went without alcohol for a couple days. She ended up having a seizure at a family event, and then we lost her due to the cancer from cigarettes.

So I would really appreciate some advice, some guidance. My life has completely been shaken up and I'm trying to cut out more negative habits for good ones, and continue to meditate and become a better person.

You don't need to feel the high in order to taper. It's actually important that you don't. Dosing to where you experience the "buzz" means your dosage is above your tolerance.

At the same time, withdrawal symptoms are unavoidable if you have developed a dependency, if you're trying to reduce your tolerance/dependence. That's because you have to take in a lower dose of the drug than your body is accustomed to in order to quit, which causes a withdrawal.

You can try cold turkey and be careful about, but if you begin experiencing serious symptoms then you should taper because your dependence is too great to simply cut it off.

The essential thing is to reduce the dosage and taper down gradually over time to keep withdrawal symptoms manageable.

If you typically drink 3 beers a day, then you can try drinking 2 beers instead, and 1 non alcoholic, or mix alcoholic and non alcoholic beer to reduce the concentration of alcohol. Some people like the taste of their drinks so this is a way that you can still enjoy the flavor while cutting down on alcohol.

Since you have a drinking habit you can also identify triggers for this habit and try to avoid them, in order to break the habit.

Don't be afraid to look for support, you don't have to do this alone, whether that's AA or a substance abuse counselor or a doctor. If you cannot resist alcohol, there is a drug called naltrexone that blocks opioids and will reduce the pleasure in drinking(alcohol has opiate effects).

I struggle with addiction as well and I am here for you if you need a SS sister to talk to. <3

I struggle with addiction as well and I am here for you if you need a SS sister to talk to. <3
Idek how to chat on here but if you want go ahead

2 of my relatives went cold turkey by switching to non-alcoholic beer (and non-alcoholic wine as they liked the taste of that).

In addition to the advice given by other members in this thread, don't give in to peer pressure. These days, more and more people are accepting to others quitting drinking. You can mention you have a family history of alcoholism and want to break the cycle, they will likely be supportive of you, if they are decent people.

Here's a post by member @SShiva_fr about quitting smoking, she lists a book by the same author for quitting drinking: https://ancient-forums.com/threads/...e-lungs-important-book-pdf.82854/#post-429754

Good luck to you :)

In addition to the advice given by other members in this thread, don't give in to peer pressure. These days, more and more people are accepting to others quitting drinking. You can mention you have a family history of alcoholism and want to break the cycle, they will likely be supportive of you, if they are decent people.

:)
This is making its way slowly into the mainstream. Someone reported to me that they added "sober-curious" as an option on Tinder, which is interesting.

On the other hand, weed and harder drugs consumption seems to be on the rise in Europe among young people. I've recently read statistics of how many teenagers and otherwise people between 11 and 20 years old, are more okay with not drinking alcohol, but they are more susceptible to peer pressure in regards to weed, etc.

This is making its way slowly into the mainstream. Someone reported to me that they added "sober-curious" as an option on Tinder, which is interesting.

On the other hand, weed and harder drugs consumption seems to be on the rise in Europe among young people. I've recently read statistics of how many teenagers and otherwise people between 11 and 20 years old, are more okay with not drinking alcohol, but they are more susceptible to peer pressure in regards to weed, etc.
Everybody's on dope now, especially since it's legalized. It's sickening. Even kids. They're lied to and told it's good for them, just like cigarettes and alcohol in the old days.

People are vulnerable to addiction to weed because it numbs them from themselves and there is so much pain and confusion in the youth of today.

I wish that I had the power to guide them away from these soul destroying drugs and onto a path of true knowledge and healing. It's painful to see the young generation falling to these vices. They deserve better.

I'm not sure how to quote everyone, but I would like to say I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and I haven't had any issues yet. So thank you all so much for the advice and help, I really appreciate it. I will read through it some more when I have the time. And yes Lydia that book is awesome, I read part of it and it did help. But it was mostly my want and need to quit at a psychological level that made me throw away my nicotine products after 4 years or so. Thank you all, have a wonderful day :)

I'm not sure how to quote everyone, but I would like to say I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and I haven't had any issues yet. So thank you all so much for the advice and help, I really appreciate it. I will read through it some more when I have the time. And yes Lydia that book is awesome, I read part of it and it did help. But it was mostly my want and need to quit at a psychological level that made me throw away my nicotine products after 4 years or so. Thank you all, have a wonderful day :)
If you are not having any physical symptoms from withdrawal in three days it's safe to say there will be none. It's all in the head at this point. Good luck!

I know it's early but I still wanted to say: "congratulations!" It's a big step, that few can manage.

I'm not sure how to quote everyone, but I would like to say I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and I haven't had any issues yet. [...]
Congratulations :)

I would wean off slowly, I don't really drink, but when I quit cigarettes the first time I would buy crappy cigar like backwoods and smoke that when I had a craving. It's unpleasant and rough smoke, I ended up quitting smoking within like 2 weeks.

So if anything buy the worst tasting beer and drink that when you have a craving?

Everybody's on dope now, especially since it's legalized. It's sickening. Even kids. They're lied to and told it's good for them, just like cigarettes and alcohol in the old days.

People are vulnerable to addiction to weed because it numbs them from themselves and there is so much pain and confusion in the youth of today.

I wish that I had the power to guide them away from these soul destroying drugs and onto a path of true knowledge and healing. It's painful to see the young generation falling to these vices. They deserve better.

the Unchosen-Entities promoting "artificial" (((big pharma solutions))) and the ones promoting "Natural" (((alternatives))) such as (((Medical marijuana/CBD/Weed/psychedelic mushrooms etc...))) are (((One and the Same)))...

Ask yourself why it's relatively rare to see people actually promoting True Alternatives such as following a Clean diet, drinking True,Pure Lemon Juice from True,Pure Lemons, and Getting the Sacred Sunlight onto Certain parts of the body that most people nowadays never exposes to Said Sunlight?

...Oy vey, the Solar Energy of the "false god" RA is bad for you Goy, keep on Blessing yourself by putting Tons of absolutely non-toxic (((sunscreen))) ,onto your skin, and also don't forget to fill your houses with lots of (((household))) chemicals... all those substances are a blessing sent by our Gray alien "g-D" , for the "animals" that every chosen one deserves to own, according to the Holiest books ever written such as the (((talmud, torah and zohar)))

and of course, anything that is a "blessing" for the goyim, is 100 % kosher, since it advances causes such as the "tikkun olam" mentioned in the holiest books ... always gotta keep em',blessed therefore (((alcohol))) and (((tobacco))), are absolutely great, just like anything else that one way or another leads to degeneration of the animals...

Degeneration is good for you, Animals, never Doubt that!

(parody mode off: and.... of course Mighty RA, You aren't a "false god", but rather, You happen to be One of the Holiest... may you be Blessed Forever...and may all the Degeneration Cease to Exist ☥ )

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back