Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

For Women

This is why Yoga and Qigong are among my favourites for circulating the chi/energy. 
In this modern day and age, it can be rather difficult to maintain balanced health but we all should do what we can. If anyone here has painful menstrual cycles and horrible pms, definitely look to balance them.
When I was younger, my moon cycles would make me tired and achey. Now those are gone. Just minor cramps on the first day of menstruation and some breast soreness..but other than that, It is fine.

Just wondering if constipation during your period is indication of something that could be out of balance as well?

Absolutely. Depending on whether or not it goes away when the flow begins or comes afterwards this could indicate qi stagnation, blood or yin deficiency.

Hello, about the menstruation. I couldnt get Vitex. Instead the seller asked me some questions and suggested me a extract of many herbs that i bought.

the extract contains
Dandelion
Dong quai

the following herbs i don't know the english name, but i post the scientific name
trifolium pratense
dioscorea villosa
senecio vulgaris
quercus rugosus, nee
pimpinella anisum
calendula officinallis. S
lythrum adstringens S
Juliana adstringens
marrubium vulgare
equisetum arvense
taraxatum officinale

The flavor is bittersweet (like cough syrup) and it helped a lot. my heavy bleeding phase reduced to 2 days :), iḿ in the cleansing phase (brownish discharge) and the PMS were less painful :) I can change my bra without yelling.

Hello. I am bumping this topic to come to the surface again, because I've been thinking of buying reusable pads; and wish to ask two things.

1. I've read that the "Cloth is a little bulky" in regards to the reusable pads. Sooo, will this be a noticeable difference if I wear jeans?

2. The most important question... How in the WORLD do I clean them??? I wish not to put them in the washing machine and so I want to know how to wash them by hand.
Searching through youtube videos, many people suggest, firstly using cold water (and basically soaking the pads in the water and then tighten your grip around the pad so that the water will come out; keep doing it until the water stops being red, and it comes out clean) and also using some certain cleaning products, but I have no idea of these products, they don't sell them in my country, I don't know of their ingredients and so on.

Taol and Ljossmyrkr suggested using vinegar... But please, I really need to make sure, I don't want to buy them and then freak out for not knowing how to clean them. How do I secure that they're clean and healthy to wear again?
For the ones of you who *do* use them, can you please provide some information for cleaning them in hand? :/

I was about to bump this thread as well, as I recently ordered and used my Moon Pads.

I thought they felt a bit bulky, but after putting on my super-tight thin material pants and twisting around in the mirror, I deduced that no bulk is visible. Lol. Any they are completely silent, unlike disposable pads.

And they felt amazing!

To wash, I did the soak in cold water for 12 or so hours. Then they are safe to throw in the washing machine, then line dry / hang dry. I actually hand-washed some (after the initial soak) as I only ordered 3 daytime and 2 nighttime pads, and I used 2 daytime pads the first day as my first day is always heavy. So then the first 2 were dry to use for the 3rd day, but I only needed 1 a day for the 2nd and 3rd days. And I didn't have enough dirty laundry to do a load of laundry, so hand-washing made more sense.

And get this! For the first time in almost 20 years of menstruation (well that makes me feel old!), I could go the entire night without getting up to change pads in the middle of the night. The nighttime pads are really big and so absorbent (not too bulky though, but then again, it's while you're sleeping anyway).

Totally worth it. I spent about $100 on 5 pads plus shipping fees, but women spend more than that a year on disposables and these will last much longer.

For the wash I've found a video that said to first soak them 30 mins in cold water, then pour that away, rinse the pads.

Then another 6-12 to overnight in another bucket with cold water and they added a stain remover.

Like vanish in example.
But for those in the usa another product was used with a phalys napta bar (not sure how to spell I think it just sounded like that) which you rub on the stain before putting it back in the water.

The vinegar (white natural vinegar) is used to make the fabric softer. I tried this out myself on some fabric I hadn't used yet, I just let the fabric soak in the sink with water (if all is clean it can be just hot water no cold added) with a ... (not exactly measured you just pour a bit of the vinegar in the water) , which seemed to work. Although it makes sense to me to pull the fabric through the water at least a couple of times.

It is important to get all the stains out before you wash them, because blood doesn't get out of fabric when it gets heated.

You could use warm water, but definitely not that warm that it almost scalds you (stay within the range of 15-30 Celcius for that unless all the stains are removed).

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82FjqcMvox0 

As for the question weather they'd be seen through anything.. you'd have to look in a mirror.

If you have a problem like a yeast infection some mention using 3% hydrogen peroxide with it. (after cleaning them of course).

Oh warning for the sink though. If you have a black plug to stop it from emptying, oxi stain removers aren't great for those! (Mine is kind of old and it kept giving off black so my whole fingers were black when I pulled it out x.x )

I'll be looking for a small bucket that I can use instead.

(Also not sure if a yeast infection is even a legit thing to have down there)

Addition to the topic.. I've wanted to ask (anyone may comment) about spotting. If you could tell more about it, what exactly causes it, and if there is something that has to do with hormones, then which hormone causes what exactly?

For those who don't know what spotting is.. spotting is irregular bleeding in between the period.

Thanks in advance.

Spotting can be caused by:

-excess heat,
-spleen qi deficiency failing to hold blood in the vessels.

The first will manifest with strong heart signs, red complexion, thirst and constipation and cessation whilst the latter would show lassitude, shortness of breath, poor appetite and loose stools.

A complex pattern of mixed excess and deficiency is very likely also.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back