Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Energy Drinks

lucius_montague

Hail brothers and sisters,
First off, thank you creator of the group, it has been needed for a long time in my opinion.
My question is the debate of the consumption of "Energy Drinks". We have all heard of the little heart attack cases with young teens, but are they nearly as bad as media claims they are? I have drank energy drinks for four years now. I usually have one every other day, or every few days. It is not a matter that they "give me energy" but rather I enjoy the taste such as one enjoys a glass of soda/coke.
Thanks in advance for your insights and opinion.
Hail Odin, All-Father! Hail Lady Agares!

My personal opinion - as I stay away from coffee, I also stay very away from energy drinks as most of them contain caffeine, and they most likely boost the male side of the brain so that the female side of the brain is subdued and the result is a material-world neurotic oriented person in case of regular use.
I also believe these energy drinks - Red Bull for one - are of the kikes if you look how they promote this crap (same marketing strategy they used with cigarettes).

To: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 11:04:39 -0700
Subject: [SSHealth] Energy Drinks

Hail brothers and sisters,

First off, thank you creator of the group, it has been needed for a long time in my opinion.

My question is the debate of the consumption of "Energy Drinks". We have all heard of the little heart attack cases with young teens, but are they nearly as bad as media claims they are? I have drank energy drinks for four years now. I usually have one every other day, or every few days. It is not a matter that they "give me energy" but rather I enjoy the taste such as one enjoys a glass of soda/coke.

Thanks in advance for your insights and opinion.

Hail Odin, All-Father! Hail Lady Agares!

I am not much of a consumer of energy drinks. But from what I have read, they contain a lot of caffeine and sugar. So yes, it is harmful in the long term. If you want immediate energy, eat dry fruits such as dates and figs. 

Like dried fruit, almonds are also good for boosting energy. Drinking water with a lemon slice or two also helps.My friend (also SS) is found of Allegro Organic Tea in Engage Your Brain. I also like the one in Afternoon Lift (for those 4pm tiredness that puts in you a slump). I get mine from Whole Foods.

On Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:41 AM, "gamekash@... [SSHealth]" <[email protected] wrote:

I am not much of a consumer of energy drinks. But from what I have read, they contain a lot of caffeine and sugar. So yes, it is harmful in the long term. If you want immediate energy, eat dry fruits such as dates and figs. 

Energy drinks are shocking... not only the caffeine and sugar but the taurine overload is hard on your liver. The low pH of the drink itself is terrible for your stomach lining and the speed to which it accelerates digestion prevents nutrients from food being properly absorbed.

Caffeine itself is not totally evil. There are some studies which show that drinking black coffee (with no milk OR sugar) can promote gastric emptying and promote appetite which is good news for people who are often not hungry enough to eat breakfast and suffer energy deficits later in the day because of it and there is also evidence that the same kind of coffee consumption (which was 1-2 cups per day not 8) can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 40% when consumed between the ages of 30 and 40, as the body begins to decline (in non meditating, poorly nourished people).

There is however a subset of the population (about 1/2) which has a liver enzyme that metabolises caffeine slowly which can lead to heart palpitations and anxiety as the caffeine remains active in the blood for longer. These people should use less if not avoid caffeine completely. Also, bear in mind that chocolate (cocoa) has small amounts of caffeine in it also as cocoa and coffee have similar chemicals called polyphenols which are responsible.for almost all of their effects, good or bad. Caffeine is also a polyphenol.

Sorry I didn't reply on the other thread Myla, I've been extremely busy..

Yesh, coffee can't be too evil. It makes me tolerable to everyone else at work in the morning lol

Is half a mug ok if you your liver enzyme catalyzes it slowly? Are the benefits still there if you have a little cream? Just wondering

All of the benefits of coffee and studies thereupon have been on coffee with no sugar and no milk. The addition of milk removes the action as a bitter tonic to the stomach and creates the opposite effect of indigestion (since milk is so heavy). Slow metabolisers of caffeine should avoid it altogether where possible, and drink decaffeinated (although the process by which this is done is awful) or naturally caffeine free beverages. Note black tea has 1.5 times the amount of caffeine as a can of coke and coffee has twice that of black tea...

Ok, I wondered why the milk would change it. That makes sense though--thanks for the explanation, I think I'll stick to tea :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back