Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Dedication Ritual Instructions

bskny

Greetings and blessings to all,
I'm very new to the left hand path, and have been spending my time as of late learning as much as I possibly can; my continued gratitude to the creators and contributors of the JoS website and its ministry. Having read that Imbolc/Candlemas is an excellent time to perform the dedication ritual, I'm anxiously awaiting February 2, 2014!
I have a few questions about the ritual itself. Would it be necessary or helpful to perform the steps outlined in the Standard Ritual instructions (including the Athame, silver chalice with wine, bowl for burning the written prayer/dedication rite, ringing the bell and counterclockwise/clockwise turns)? Or, is that more for advanced rituals, with the dedication ritual being simple in action while still profound in intent?
I'm particularly keen to have this ritual be symbolically powerful, as I see it as the first physical step in what will be a lifelong journey of discovery and spiritual fulfillment. At the same time, I want to approach Satan and the Gods with solemn respect and sincerity as I begin to embark on this path.
Any and all thoughts, suggestions, advice and nudges are welcome. Thank you for your time and consideration!

In my experience they are not necessary although more powerful in workings. Standard rituals are sufficient as intent and effort are key. 

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 22, 2014, at 11:22, "bskny" <bskny@... wrote:
I'm very new to the left hand path, and have been spending my time as of late learning as much as I possibly can; my continued gratitude to the creators and contributors of the JoS website and its ministry. Having read that Imbolc/Candlemas is an excellent time to perform the dedication ritual, I'm anxiously awaiting February 2, 2014!
I have a few questions about the ritual itself. Would it be necessary or helpful to perform the steps outlined in the Standard Ritual instructions (including the Athame, silver chalice with wine, bowl for burning the written prayer/dedication rite, ringing the bell and counterclockwise/clockwise turns)? Or, is that more for advanced rituals, with the dedication ritual being simple in action while still profound in intent?
I'm particularly keen to have this ritual be symbolically powerful, as I see it as the first physical step in what will be a lifelong journey of discovery and spiritual fulfillment. At the same time, I want to approach Satan and the Gods with solemn respect and sincerity as I begin to embark on this path.
Any and all thoughts, suggestions, advice and nudges are welcome. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Where did you get all the information about this materials for dedication ritual from? Hmmmm, I didn't know one need all that to dedicate with. I only read about colored candles, sharp object, dry pen, a piece of clean papper on the JoS website.
On Jan 23, 2014 9:07 AM, "bskny" <bskny@... wrote:

What ritual is it

------------------------------
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 9:40 AM PST Ass Hole wrote:

Where did you get all the information about this materials for dedication
ritual from?

Hmmmm, I didn't know one need all that to dedicate with. I only read about
colored candles, sharp object, dry pen, a piece of clean papper on the JoS
website.
On Jan 23, 2014 9:07 AM, "bskny" <bskny@... wrote:

I'm very new to the left hand path, and have been spending my time as of
late learning as much as I possibly can; my continued gratitude to the
creators and contributors of the JoS website and its ministry. Having read
that Imbolc/Candlemas is an excellent time to perform the dedication
ritual, I'm anxiously awaiting February 2, 2014!

I have a few questions about the ritual itself. Would it be necessary or
helpful to perform the steps outlined in the Standard Ritual instructions
(including the Athame, silver chalice with wine, bowl for burning the
written prayer/dedication rite, ringing the bell and
counterclockwise/clockwise turns)? Or, is that more for advanced rituals,
with the dedication ritual being simple in action while still profound in
intent?

I'm particularly keen to have this ritual be symbolically powerful, as I
see it as the first physical step in what will be a lifelong journey of
discovery and spiritual fulfillment. At the same time, I want to approach
Satan and the Gods with solemn respect and sincerity as I begin to embark
on this path.

Any and all thoughts, suggestions, advice and nudges are welcome. Thank
you for your time and consideration!

As far as I remember, I had performed all of the steps written in the Standard Ritual, since this is the way it is written on the site (and I did have the items needed). Do the best you can. :]

Στις 10:07 π.μ. Πέμπτη, 23 Ιανουαρίου 2014, ο/η bskny <bskny@... έγραψε:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back