Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

combust question

ch_3_coo

I'm really excited about this group:D I hope everyone helps make it get popular right away:D

Anyhow, so on my birth chart the Sun and Mercury are both 23 degrees I know that makes a conjunction but I read that if the Sun combusts a planet the Sun will weaken the positive effects. Also Jupiter is 1 degree away from the Sun which I guess also makes it combust does that weaken the positive effects of Jupiter as well?

Actually, your Mercury is exactly conjunct the Sun, which makes it cazimi, i.e. in the "heart of the Sun" which some astrologers believe to greatly strengthen the planet in question instead of weakening it.

As for Jupiter, it can also be weakened by the Sun, though this is much less noticeable than a personal planet, I guess.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "ch_3_coo" <ch_3_coo@... wrote:

I'm really excited about this group:D I hope everyone helps make it get popular right away:D

Anyhow, so on my birth chart the Sun and Mercury are both 23 degrees I know that makes a conjunction but I read that if the Sun combusts a planet the Sun will weaken the positive effects. Also Jupiter is 1 degree away from the Sun which I guess also makes it combust does that weaken the positive effects of Jupiter as well?

<td val[/IMG]
<td [/IMG]From my experience, & I don't do this professionally*, I don't think there is a hard & fast rule, even though some suggest that it does. I think that applies to maybe Mercury, Venus or the Moon with the Sun. I also say that because I have a friend who has his natal Sun & natal Saturn conjunct. The Sun does not seem to block the effects of aspects to Saturn, whether natal or in any other type of transit, etc. (He says his solar returns aren't always fun for obvious reasons.) I think that rule is either lessened or doesn't apply at all to the planets from Mars out..I am sure others may have a different experience.

*I have been studying this since around 1988. I usually stick to my friends' or my own chart as I don't have time otherwise. That could change in the future.

--- On Thu, 6/21/12, ch_3_coo <ch_3_coo@... wrote:
Subject: [JoS_Astrology] combust question
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 3:22 PM

[/TD]
[/TD]

Much of this is 'cookbook' astrology. The sun *can* cause burnout, as with the case of a progressed sun making a conjunction to pluto, which in many cases is a burnout to the point of a nervous breakdown in the life, when this occurs by progression.

This aspect, contrary to most of the theories out there does not always affect the mind negatively, as I have seen it in the charts of geniuses. Also, in mentioning genius, I did a chart for a woman with an IQ of 185. She had an exact mercury/uranus aspect that aligned with her ascendant to the exact degree. Uranus is associated with genius and is the higher octave of mercury.

What I know of the sun combust mercury is that it can give a mental blindspot; something one who has this cannot see clearly in his/her life, such as their own communications and behavior, but this is not always the case and you have to look at the entire chart to see how this is operating, what sign is it in? which houses are ruled by mercury and that sort of thing, also the aspects, if any, to the combust conjunction. This aspect can also give total focus, not in the way of concentration, unless it is in scorpio, but total focus on a goal, leaving distractions and that sort of thing, anything outside of being deterred from the goal as the 'blindspot,' in refusing to allow any conflicting information, opinions and such to interfere.

One thing of interest here...How many of you who have synesthesia have this aspect?

High Priestess Maxine Dietrich
http://www.joyofsatan.org

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "ch_3_coo" <ch_3_coo@... wrote:

They're all in Vrigo in the 8th house if that helps. Also I guess the blindspot would be that I can't stand to hear lies or misinformation I just block it out and stop listening.

About your question about synesthesia, I don't see letters in different colors but sometimes things will happen like I'll look a car and think I'm smelling alcohol or at a person at walmart or something, that hasn't happened for a while. Nothing consistent but like a sound or a song will trigger a memory stuff like that. Or I'll look at food and taste it, this one happens a lot. Like a mild synesthesia with one sense triggering another.

Also thanks for the responses guys!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@... wrote:

Much of this is 'cookbook' astrology. The sun *can* cause burnout, as with the case of a progressed sun making a conjunction to pluto, which in many cases is a burnout to the point of a nervous breakdown in the life, when this occurs by progression.

This aspect, contrary to most of the theories out there does not always affect the mind negatively, as I have seen it in the charts of geniuses. Also, in mentioning genius, I did a chart for a woman with an IQ of 185. She had an exact mercury/uranus aspect that aligned with her ascendant to the exact degree. Uranus is associated with genius and is the higher octave of mercury.

What I know of the sun combust mercury is that it can give a mental blindspot; something one who has this cannot see clearly in his/her life, such as their own communications and behavior, but this is not always the case and you have to look at the entire chart to see how this is operating, what sign is it in? which houses are ruled by mercury and that sort of thing, also the aspects, if any, to the combust conjunction. This aspect can also give total focus, not in the way of concentration, unless it is in scorpio, but total focus on a goal, leaving distractions and that sort of thing, anything outside of being deterred from the goal as the 'blindspot,' in refusing to allow any conflicting information, opinions and such to interfere.

One thing of interest here...How many of you who have synesthesia have this aspect?

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "ch_3_coo" <ch_3_coo@ wrote:

I do have synesthesia and am fair sure of having that aspect. I get where you are coming from.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], High Priestess Maxine Dietrich <maxine.dietrich@... wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "ch_3_coo" <ch_3_coo@ wrote:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back