Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

#393 Procrastination, my biggest problem

AskSatanOperator

I procrastinate so much what I have to do and often in the end I procrastinate so much that then I don't have time to do what I have to do. I feel like an annoyance about a lot of things, and that drives me to do nothing. This is not only about something specific, but in general, I procrastinate about almost everything. Is there any meditation or spell I can do to solve this problem? Void meditation doesn't seem to help with this, and I have been doing it for more than a year.

I procrastinate so much what I have to do and often in the end I procrastinate so much that then I don't have time to do what I have to do. I feel like an annoyance about a lot of things, and that drives me to do nothing. This is not only about something specific, but in general, I procrastinate about almost everything. Is there any meditation or spell I can do to solve this problem? Void meditation doesn't seem to help with this, and I have been doing it for more than a year.
Sometimes we are just overstimulated by society. By the input from the world around us, etc. When that happens, just decide that you want to take that time for yourself and actually do it. If you can do it for a long period of time, it will become a part of you: https://ancient-forums.com/threads/...ons-passions-animal-drives.63969/#post-290736

If you say you're going to do something, and then don't, you teach yourself to trust your own authority less and less, and essentially undermine your "self" over time.

Think about it. If someone made a promise to you and then broke it, and then made another one and broke it again, and then again, and again, and again... would you trust that person to deliver on those promises?

There begin's a process of self-hatred. In truth, you actually feel GOOD when you "overcome yourself" and do the thing you know you need to do, even if it's just one step per day.

Tell yourself you're going to at least do the bare minimum thing, such as spending 5 minutes, and you'll usually find yourself going all the way. And if not, who care's, at least you did what you said you'd do and kept your promise.

And this begin's a process of self-trust and confidence in oneself to deliver, which builds upon itself a solid foundation to stand on and acts as a catalyst for further change.

I also experienced this procrastination a long time ago. It's not a nice feeling and leaves a bad aftertaste of being a failure. So one day I made a list on paper of all the things I had to do every day. Once I'd done it, I put a tick behind the thing I'd done. This gradually increased my self-esteem enormously. I haven't made lists on paper for years now, but this approach has become a part of me and I only carry this list around with me in my head.

I also tick off a completed task in my head each time. Today, I tackle every matter immediately. That's how I've successfully completed my studies every time and built up a secure livelihood. In Germany, there's a good saying: “Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today”. There is nothing good unless you do it. I wish you every success in putting your tasks into practice.
Hail Satanas!
Hail Luciferus!
Hail Wotanas!

The earth element regulates us to have healthy resistance/discipline towards work tasks. Solar energy creates motivation to accomplish based on perception of reward. You can pick either based upon what you believe is needed. If you feel tired or apathetic, then it is likely related more to the fire element.

Just don't put it off, force yourself and do it!

For what you have done, you can reward yourself with something pleasant and useful, so you can develop the habit of not postponing anything.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back