Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Yoga with scoliosis

[email protected]

Is the hatha yoga program safe with scoliosis , I have read that you should avoid back bend positions if you have scoliosis and these are the majority of the program.

I suggest not to do it. If you look for scoliosis yoga on google you should be able to find things good for you:)

That's odd!? As to why others would say, it's bad!? For people to do back bends..? Especially when you're working the whole body ? From the chakra root on up. Lol I guess some people that have serious back issues?  Are told they can't lol because of there medical condition or because of the medical records and such ? Written by their doctors . But I think that's a bunch of bullshit and of course? Depending on the patient and the yoga student . It varies ?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM, lukas1ondris@... [JoyofSatan666]<[email protected] wrote:   Is the hatha yoga program safe with scoliosis , I have read that you should avoid back bend positions if you have scoliosis and these are the majority of the program.

I have scoliosis myself. I stick to the program even though the bent over and inverted asanas are tough. It gets better with time.That has been my experience.

On Sunday, 29 October 2017, 19:04, "decipimurspecierecti@... [JoyofSatan666]" <[email protected] wrote:

Just adapt to what you can do and go with that.

I do not have it, but I think one should be careful, and the inverted ones might place too much stress on the spine, perhaps making an inbalance worse.

However, mainly, go with what youre comfortable with.
As for backbends, there are extreme backbends, like the bow or wheel(aka making a bridge) and backbends that are less extreme.

I am no expert on yoga, but every body is different, so do what fits your body :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back