Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Why does stretching feels so good?

DarkAries

Greatings!
I recently started doing a lot of yin yoga to increase my lower back flexibility(and its also good to lower my blood-sugar, double point😁). It went painfully slowly, but now I can hold a pose up to 5 or even 10 min, and it sometimes feels almost euphoric. Like I just did a four hour yoga last day because it just felt that good(and I had the time for that).
Is there any reason for this happens, or is it just for me?

Greatings!
I recently started doing a lot of yin yoga to increase my lower back flexibility(and its also good to lower my blood-sugar, double point😁). It went painfully slowly, but now I can hold a pose up to 5 or even 10 min, and it sometimes feels almost euphoric. Like I just did a four hour yoga last day because it just felt that good(and I had the time for that).
Is there any reason for this happens, or is it just for me?
Hello :)

Asanas align the body into certain positions that allow for energy to flow better, but also heal the body in ways that other methods don't. We spend most of our time in basic sitting positions, so to allow the body to stay for a significant amount of time in other positions allows for rejuvenation to happen. Not just spiritually, but also the muscles, tendons, nerves, veins, everything.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back